United Airlines, stupidity embodied. | INFJ Forum

United Airlines, stupidity embodied.

Eventhorizon

Permanently relocated
Banned
May 19, 2013
MBTI
INTJ
I have been watching this story with a big bit of disbelief in how poorly from start to finish this company has conducted itself. Getting past the obvious first encounter...the statements made by United's CEO are about as poor as they could possibly be. Finally reduced to trying to bring the character of the doctor into question as if that has anything to do with what happened.
Every person who has ever had a bad experience with an airline (most) is now going to related that experience to what happened to this guy. United airlines is done. That's it for them. I truly feel sorry for any stock holders who have lost their investment all because of one person alone, the CEO.
Just amazing....

The security guys who did the deed, they were cops, right?

They keep saying "cops" but they also say "airport" security. I'm not sure what they are.
Granted it doesn't sound like United is responsible for their actions, but I garuntee you that at this point no one cares about that. Uniteds response is about as bad as it could be. A simple statement of, "We don't know what they were thinking. Atrocious behavior . ..." yada yada would have been far better than anything they have done to date. It's like a train wreck you can't look away from.

United sucks. I haven't had many good experiences with them.

I've only read tidbits... but the PR memes are great.

But really... company gonna lose dem some biznass.

Reactions: Eventhorizon
so, it was the Chicago "Aviation Police" which is an agency within the City of Chicago, who apparently punched the good doctor with an augmented fist then yanked him from his seat. The crew (both the one that called the thugs and the one looking for seats to the next airport) worked for Republic Airlines. Republic is a commuter airline working for United. Their pilots and crew are paid substantially less then United. http://www.aero-news.net/annticker.cfm?do=main.textpost&id=535b9b66-6d4d-43af-a716-6e44ac8129c9

Reactions: Eventhorizon
Pretty amazed at Uniteds stock price at this point.