InvisibleJim

Banned
Dec 13, 2010
MBTI
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Unhealthy INFJs Cannot Tolerate the Voicing of Different Opinions

I have noted that is a tendancy for some of the INFJs I know to be unable to accept that people both have a right to their own opinion and a right to voice that as they so choose.

Is this Fe run wild or just some other unhealthy INFJ behaviour from an unhealthy INFJ?

:m075:

The mind does boggle.

Last edited:
I've haven't noticed this in INFJs in particular. I mean, I've known INFJs who were like this, but I've known other types who exhibit the same behavior, so I don't really know what to think of it.

I have noted that is a tendancy for some of the INFJs I know to be unable to accept that people both have a right to their own opinion and a right to voice that as they so choose.

Is this Fe run wild or just some other unhealthy INFJ behaviour from an unhealthy INFJ?

It's funny, because it takes an INFJ to be unhealthy to get to this point.

Whereas other types can get to this state without any effort at all!

The question is kind of redundant, because any unhealthy person, could manifest this behaviour.

Reactions: invisible
I haven't noticed this so much in the few infj's I've gotten to know here at all, in fact this place seems to be far more accepting of other people with different opinions than many other places on the internet, with a few exceptions as always.

I find some of my INTJ friends to be just as unaccepting when it comes to the opinions of others.

Reactions: Gaze
Not me at all. Im very respectful of others opinions and if they choose to vioce them thats fine by me.

Why only unhealthy ones?

I would consider myself an unhealthy INFJ but I don't think I have this problem so much.

Reactions: invisible
Why only unhealthy ones?

To avoid accusing the INFJ race of something I know they are not guilty of on an individual level. I'm just trying to be as diplomatic and accommodating as possible.

I would consider myself an unhealthy INFJ but I don't think I have this problem so much.

I'm sure you are better than you think. *passes Jill a generous potion of chocolate confidence sponge cake*

wow...can I switch my national identity to INFJ now?

cool!

jk jk.

i get what you mean.

Reactions: uuu
wow...can I switch my national identity to INFJ now?

cool!

jk jk.

i get what you mean.

fist_bump.jpg

:m027:

My Fe is telling me this thread will be found provoking by some.

I would agree that some INFJs do tend to have this problem just
as anyone from any type can though I can see the relation to Fe.

This usually only happens when I am really mad. I once tried to
talk to some INTPs about how this person tried to kill themselves
by jumping off of a seven story building and he lived and this
one male in particular tried to tell me that he didn't want to kill
himself if he didn't succeed. I refused to accept this notion because
people try to do things they want all the time and fail. He made
me really mad with his arguments and I took it personally.
Then he wouldn't listen to me, and oh boy, is that the wrong
thing to do. Do not expect me to respect and listen to you
if you are unwilling to do so. It will be like trying to persuade
a brick wall.

Reactions: IndigoSensor
I'm not that unhealthy but I sometimes exhibit this behavior... so do my other friends who aren't INFJs :)

yeah like what [MENTION=2926]Bird[/MENTION] said :))

To avoid accusing the INFJ race of something I know they are not guilty of on an individual level. I'm just trying to be as diplomatic and accommodating as possible.

Not sure how that statement is to be taken...

Not sure how that statement is to be taken...

It's just Ni being intentionally unspecific. For underspecification reasons and to avoid offence.

It's just Ni being intentionally unspecific. For underspecification reasons and to avoid offence.

The implication is that you think INFJ's generally behave in this manner and the "unhealthy" tag is just clipped on there so that your statement is easier for this forum to swallow. (But I defiantly could be reading too much into it.)

Reactions: Gaze
The implication is that you think INFJ's generally behave in this manner and the "unhealthy" tag is just clipped on there so that your statement is easier for this forum to swallow. (But I defiantly could be reading too much into it.)

I didn't take it that way and I usually take offense to everything. I just thought the word unhealthy was a poor choice of words and just added confusion to the question.

@InvisibleJim Any type or person can be unhealthy. Why are you asking?

Last edited:

It's almost like you're trying to find something to be offended about.

It's almost like you're trying to find something to be offended about.

I'm not offended :)

Just wish the OP would tell us what he's actually trying to say, Instead of trying to sugar coat it and being "intentionally unspecific" (OPs words not mine.)