"Unemployed need not apply" | INFJ Forum

"Unemployed need not apply"

People are so stupid. Everyone acts as if your qualifications, dedication and accomplishment matters. What it comes down to in this world even when it comes to getting a job is whether the person interviewing likes you. Clearly, from this article HR Departments don't like the unemployed. That leaves being self-employed and from what I've seen of the USA that's not an easy road to get started on at all. :(

Its not fair of course. But then why would you want to work for an illogical, unfeeling, and unfair employer anyway? They are really doing you a favor.

Is it fair? No.
Is it just further proof that 90% of people are so dependent on a system that exploits them that they'll COMPLAIN when they can't find a place to be exploited further? Yes.

I mean, think about it. As an employee you don't own ANY of the value you produce...your employer does.

Most people don't realize it, but when you're "hired" by a company,you're actually being SOLD TO, not just employed. Think that cubicle you work in just came with the job? Think again: the company takes that into account, and it comes out of your paycheck (and they're probably making a small profit from it too). You're paying for your own cubicle prison. How about that computer you work on? The chair? The paper you use? All of it comes out of your paycheck, you just never see it.

The modern corporation is a work of social genius. The people at the top can remain at the top, have little to no legal vulnerability for their actions, have YOU pay for your own servitude, never look like they're completely exploiting anyone, and on a good note: give non-serfs the chance to actually move up (they do actually want that: the plan is to put so much pressure on the lower classes that they have to wake up or perish).

Unemployed need not apply? Exploitative employers need not bother.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
My suggestion: move to Australia.

We currently have an unemployment rate of 4.something%, compared to the 9.something% of the US. Skilled workers are in high demand here.

The unskilled need not apply. :p

My suggestion: move to Australia.

We currently have an unemployment rate of 4.something%, compared to the 9.something% of the US. Skilled workers are in high demand here.

The unskilled need not apply. :p
What if your skill is living off of welfare?

That's not a skill, now learning how to bounce between the different forms of welfare so that you can live as if you were employed for $15 an hour.

Well lets say you are in a high tech field and the year or so your off your not updating what you need to know. Your now obsolete. Just like me. I spent almost 30 years building cabinets and furniture. I figured I would do that for life. Now I have given it all up. Selling most everything I own to start a new career. Life is tough. I don't like it. I wish everything would stay the same but it won't. America should not be corporate owned and it is. The only answer is self employment. You just have to have others that realize that, that will spend their money with you. We need one another. We don't need big money and greed. They are selling off America piece by piece and we are letting them. Supporting them even with our money. We will be the ones to pay for this in the future. I think it is bull that they are not hiring unemployed. But that is why you gotta work for yourself if you can. I enjoyed working for myself. And I will do it again. I may be down but I am not out. I got my health and that's all I really need...

Wow... so you can only apply for these positions if you're thinking about quitting
the job you have... sounds like a lot of people had a big bowl of stupid for breakfast.
That's probably one of the most fucktarded things I've ever heard,
and lately I've been swimming in bs, so that's saying something.

Granted, I'm sure this idea has always been around, but to actually publicize it... ?
Are HR departments trying to weed out applications by having the
unemployed eliminate themselves so they don't have to?
Tough work to shred all those unwanted apps, I guess, and you
can't really discriminate against someone if they don't bother applying...

Not that I agree but I guess the rationale would be that if you are among the unemployed, you were "undesirable" in your previous job which is why you were let go.

I think it isn't a very good practice but then many things business does isn't a good practice.

Not that I agree but I guess the rationale would be that if you are among the unemployed, you were "undesirable" in your previous job which is why you were let go.

I think it isn't a very good practice but then many things business does isn't a good practice.

It's good if you're a shareholder - apparently.

Well, it says that the unemployed need not apply. Good thing the corporate fascists don't put up similar barriers for pathological liars and resume fudgers...

Although in this economy, why you were let go is nearly irrelevant.

My theory is that the longer a person remains unemployed, the more independent thought they develop until ideas like starting their own business, pursuing a theoretical invention or finishing that book they started start to take over their thought process. At which point, they're less likely to bend over and take the BS their little fucktard of a boss keeps shoving at them all day.

Reactions: Kgal and dream echo
I am pretty sure that realistically, desperate people are less likely to rock the boat and someone chronically unemployed who gets hired would be a kiss ass. I still think it is because the assumption would be the "cream rises to the top" and those employed are thus because they are good at what they do. Again, just my assumption of the rationale, not that I agree.

This would not stop me from sending my resume.

From my experience people in HR spend very little time really reading resumes, so I tend to send my resume even to places where I don't qualify by some points like this one would be. The fact of the matter is that your resume and your cover letter need to look right on the first glance, so that you get invited to an interview, and than it's all about selling yourself some more.

And sometimes people who make those adds tend to put too many points one must have, in order to weed out people more, to get less resumes. There are all kinds of people applying for jobs and all kinds of employers.

They want people with relevant and fresh experience. Doesn't mean they'll get the best people, I mean if someone's willing to ditch their present employer that could very well say something about their loyalty, but that's the reasoning.

Solution: Become a vampire and live with the Cullens. The dad's rich and you don't have any expenses. Double win. Immortality. Triple win.