[NSFW] - True face of military industrial complex of today | INFJ Forum

[NSFW] True face of military industrial complex of today

Ifur

Banned
Jun 19, 2009
MBTI
INTJ
I'm certain many here are aware of Assange and Wikileaks, but I'm certain a lot less know about Ola Bini.

https://freeolabini.org/en/timeline-ola/

What he did between 7 and 10th of April was publish a crypto library that is a VERY recent method.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curve448
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliptic-curve_Diffie–Hellman

This is a very important mechanism today, and is involved in things like SSH and other things to estbalish a connection where a password can be sent, for example.

Curve 25519 has 128 bit security, while Curve 448 has 224 bits.

https://github.com/olabini/goldilocks/commits/master

Between 7th and 10th be published this that he had likely been working on for quite some time.
It's a very good implementation, or a start of one as there is even syscalls in assembly from Go libraries.
Other than writing the while thing in assembly by had, there are many good choices here from a security point of view that reduces possible side leaks and other attack vectors.

https://safecurves.cr.yp.to/twist.html

Ed448 is among the top three methods known in mathematics today, and it came around in 2015.

I think don't think his arrest has anything to do with Assange or Wikileaks, I think this crypto library is wanted dead and forgotten. All other implementations of these things generally cannot be trusted entirely, it's hard to be making things secure today by starting with shoddy librariries.

11 April: Assange is arrested at the embassy in London after his diplomatic status is revoked.

It's not about Assange, there is no actual intelligence value in him.
Some professions, skills and interests aren't conducive to legal rights.

So why doesn't he or anyone else suspects it's related to concrete value and threat from a specific piece of work that he has done? His treatment his personal, and it's such a mess. This library could threten some known and secret crypto weaknesses. It's made to look like it's political, but it could be of intelligence value in crypto.

That how IT looks to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
The military complex of the world could destroy the world in a matter of days. Do the math.

Reactions: Ifur
Too much TV in the minds. Most true paranoids don't control things like Rosoboronexport.

911 wasn't set off by paranoia.

Most true paranoids don't control things like Rosoboronexport.

They work for them however, in what is large autocratic power structures.
And the "market" to call it that, where relationships and influence is important.
You can even start discussing IBM -- what do all of those employees do?
In many cases it's personal involvement in services they sell.
it's also shocking to the level of basics that are considered secure and what isn't.

Not sure how much you know about unix systems, but for example ssh isn't sexure enough for all settings.
So it's a mix of secure networking and encrption at the network layer with telnet and alternative authentications methods.

I suspect this library of Ola Bini was considered disruptive enough that nods and tip of the hats wen't around.

We have in place many multiples of security measures that don't work alone. Flaws must be shown from time to time to make things more safe, I agree. "How about a nice game of chess?"

The world is fragile, but men and women of great intent live to make things more safe. Math put us on the moon and elsewhere Encrypting data won't stop everyone from figuring some parts out. By placing human elements with electronic elements, it becomes more safe. Have you figured the last board in front of CIA HQ?

We place false data and decoys everywhere, and seeing through it all would take more than math......at least I'd like to think that. Spies are more dangerous than math; money, than military.

I'm just in construction with a liking for exploring in my spare time.

911 wasn't set off by paranoia.

Have no opinion about 911, that is clearly mostly political where lots of shady things surround it.

This crypto library is there, straight foward, and much closer to for example explaining things around Kashoggi if it came aout he was about to publish a damaging book.

This involves diplomacy and foreign nations, so it cannot be FBI for example; the chief tinfoil hat legion.

I'm in above my pay scale.

If I only worked at NASA fifty years ago...

We place false data and decoys everywhere, and seeing through it all would take more than math......at least I'd like to think that. Spies are more dangerous than math; money, than military.

Like Assange to distract from more pointed motives? So there are scandals after scandals with "human element in electronics" to the extent that no humans are involved generally. That encouraged a false illusion that because of capacities and facilities that there is no reason to be available or ask questions, as answers come in the form of reports and summaries on gathered data.

Secrecy is also false authority, so who would be the right people to put hands on the information and evidence that Manning got. Without it being put aside after those with responsibility took a phone call and decided it was easier and better for their career to bury it.

Men of intelligence look back and wish they had not found the things they found, and much is buried before it ever becomes used.

You know what they say.

"If ya can't beat em..."

What's them disintegrate? :)

Puns aside, join what in this context thought?

Since it's the US we are talking about.

The president and state that do diplomacy, or commander in chief that can do espionage and intelligence gathering and endanger diplomacy and trust. Or the industry that sell services and have inflinece where there are no transperancy, checks or balances contrary to the principles of the US consitution?

Secrecy is also safety. Some things are not meant to be made public. Most people could not handle it. Most people would leave things with their walls down, sick with viruses, and rather play on their phones.

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
Secrecy is also safety. Some things are not meant to be made public. Most people could not handle it. Most people would leave things with their walls down, sick with viruses, and rather play on their phones.

Ah, but this works both ways; and it's cause of contemplation and reflection on actions being defendable in the eyes of the public.
And then we have things like right to assembly, freedom of speech and privacy.

Looking at the history of IT, so many things have started with standards that were secure and well designed.
The final drafts then to have dropped security and crypto.

Best historic examples are crypto in IPv4 and IPv6.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPsec

This sounds nice, but it's never default and in most cases you have to go digging deep to find ways to get it to work.

Some people have nothing but time. editing

We can sit in Bora Bora and appear to be in Kansas on the www. An interesting man from NASA told me many years ago we had so much technology, we could never figure it out how to put it to good use.
Technology interests me, as does our Constitution. However, men and women of integrity hold pieces to puzzles never meant to be put together. One just doesn't tell everyone about such things. They could not handle it and the world would become a much more dangerous place to live in. I hate the declassification of documents when people are still alive. Some things must remain Classified.

Last edited:
Some people have nothing but time.

And some things they are part and with larger powers that are on the right side of things.
In the meantime, countries like Russia copies things that make things work.
While failing to deal with nuances in the legal system that actually make things right rather than hiding truth and right behind a wall of bullshit.

I'll take your "bullshit" as being above your payscale, as I was above mine earlier.

Lot of differences in the legal system and intelligence. The world is not ready to coexist. They might could turn all the cards up and play poker or scrabble. Cold Fusion movie is a great example. If someone can replace oil, there would be hell on earth.

Last edited: