Tiger King

MoonFlier

Feb 1, 2019
Earth
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
There's a short series out on netflix called Tiger King.

I've been reading what the average person out there thinks, and I believe INFJs will most likely have a different take on it.

If you've watched I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

I have never watched any tabloid style show like this before, but years back I was involved in finding and passing off of a baby bobcat that had been hit and blinded by a car to BCR for rehab and homing. I became part of a small community of online volunteers for watching over the baby bob. I had heard the stories about Joe Exotic and Carol Baskin through others who were also volunteers. Curious, I dug to find as many answers about Carol (and then Joe's) pasts and went only as far as my stomach could manage. I will say for sure that this show is misleading and is missing info, however, while trashy, it does contain some info I was unaware of that in my mind certainly clears Carol's name.

As for Joe, I can't stand the guy and every fiber of me cringes when he opens his mouth. Behind bars is the only place he belongs in order to keep animals and humans safe.

Most viewers seem to think Carol is a killer.
They also seem to feel Joe E was framed and is essentially a good guy.

Last edited:
pretty much the craziest story I ever heard. .how all those low lifes all found each other is a mystery. . pretty sure Jeff set up Joe, but Joe went along with it, and was guilty. . Carol is just trying to remove all her competition. . she was probably involved in Don's death,but I think there is a whole lot we don't know

pretty much the craziest story I ever heard. .how all those low lifes all found each other is a mystery. . pretty sure Jeff set up Joe, but Joe went along with it, and was guilty. . Carol is just trying to remove all her competition. . she was probably involved in Don's death,but I think there is a whole lot we don't know

What competition? Carol rescues cats. Joe exploits them. Totally different businesses where one looses money, the other makes millions.

I'm sorry, I came off as accusatory there. I am guilty of making assumptions that everyone knows what i've known for years. It's hard when I've been a part of something for over 10 years only to have a show like this made harming those efforts. I really do want to understand why people buy into these shows.

Here's one of many articles that may help in understanding what Carol is about today:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...sjn-DnIC_n_jEPL2fzUhsvxK2kyJDdChuGCPaqo4ZSYnU

Last edited:
What competition? Carol rescues cats. Joe exploits them. Totally different businesses where one looses money, the other makes millions.

I'm sorry, I came off as accusatory there. I am guilty of making assumptions that everyone knows what i've known for years. It's hard when I've been a part of something for over 10 years only to have a show like this made harming those efforts. I really do want to understand why people buy into these shows.

Here's one of many articles that may help in understanding what Carol is about today:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...sjn-DnIC_n_jEPL2fzUhsvxK2kyJDdChuGCPaqo4ZSYnU
all I know is what I saw in the spin of the show. .I have no real idea of what is really going on. .

Carole seemed to be the most normal one considering, until she started giggling about her missing husband and the accusation that she fed him to the tigers... I wouldn't say that means she killed him, though. The whole show was a menagerie of weirdos. It was an eye opener into the seedy underbelly of exotic animal collecting lol. It also reminded me of the show Trailer Park Boys. I would not be surprised if Cardi B convinces Trump to pardon him and he ends up with a movie and/or a cabinet appointment.

Reactions: sassafras
actually. I'm going to watch it again. . I'd like t take anther look at the whole story again
I've had to take it slow, only watching 1/2 an episode at a time. It's just so much to digest in new and warped information.

I am wondering if Joe knows one or more of the producers, director or someone else and got them to spin the story. He's a showman.

Reactions: sassafras
Well worth the read:

The Truth About “Tiger King” And Cats in Captivity
April 6, 2020 | Kara Jamie Norton |

"the true victims of the show were not the larger-than-life characters, but the tigers themselves."

"Talking about good sanctuaries is important. Some of these true sanctuaries will give you more joy than the bad roadside zoos give you sadness. You can see what the great ones are doing and its absolutely incredible. They are bringing animals back from the brink of death and healing them and giving them a home with staff members that will love them and give them vet and dental care and a home for life. True sanctuaries do not breed, sell, trade or allow hands-on contact. One of the best is Pat Craig’s Wild Animal Sanctuary, the oldest and largest, almost 10,000 acres in Southern Colorado. These animals are living in huge habitats. Just two tigers are living in 35 acres. Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge in Arkansas is another incredible place. Their hearts are in the right place and they never give up. Contrary to what Tiger King seems to infer, Carole Baskin’s Big Cat Rescue is a true sanctuary."

https://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/blo...qs_cxx2H6MKlNPtJ9o59-wWliw2r_lU0B0JD6fj0z6PSU

92236350_10218489907978798_3555622004939816960_o.jpg

I've decided that since I will never understand why people buy into drama and productions, siding with those who are sociopathic (See: Trump supporters), that I will just continue my fight for the animals.

Every creature deserves a life of respect until they do something to prove otherwise.

I am actually watching it again, and getting a very different take. . still dont like Carol, but I think she is trying to do a right thing, just not coming across very well

I am actually watching it again, and getting a very different take. . still dont like Carol, but I think she is trying to do a right thing, just not coming across very well

Carol is... interesting. Her voice grates on me, her personal style is trashy, she comes across as a know it all. I don't like any of that.
I love her daughter Jamie though. Jamie is well spoken but reserved and is really the one in charge of BCR these days while her mom runs off to DC to lobby for the big cat policies. I got to know her very well by sharing a nearly empty chat room with her on screen many long nights while she was watching over Rufus as he started experiencing seizures.