Thread for INTPs | INFJ Forum

Thread for INTPs

Community Member
Nov 29, 2017
Behind You
MBTI
INTP
This is basically a place where INTPs can hang out, talk about any ideas or help each other. You don't have to be an INTP to be here but this is for any new INTPs.

Reactions: Reason and Free
I will when I get the chance. That reminds me, an INTP is usually really into books. I never got into it I'm still trying to this day and I think I will at some point but I wonder, shouldn't it be natural?
You probably haven't found the right subject, I just had this conversation with @Lady Jolanda I can only read something i'm interested in, otherwise it's just impossible.

You probably haven't found the right subject, I just had this conversation with @Lady Jolanda I can only read something i'm interested in, otherwise it's just impossible.
The problem for me just seems to be the fact that other things get in the way. Everytime I start reading at first it's like really hard to understand a lot of it but if I keep reading 5 min later, I'm completely focused and everything goes easy. I never experienced this before probably because I didn't read much.

Yeah same. I spend a lot of time reading and gathering information online but I only read 10-20 actual books a year, and those almost exclusively fiction.

Yeah same. I spend a lot of time reading and gathering information online but I only read 10-20 actual books a year, and those almost exclusively fiction.
I only do a couple of books a year, but to be fair they're usually very lengthy history books, or something on a particular subject that's nonfiction. Also I might not be able to say I "Finish" them because I don't read cover to cover, I read until I find whatever it is i'm curious about and then I store the book on a shelf for future reference but in all likelihood never pick it up again.

Reactions: hush
I only do a couple of books a year, but to be fair they're usually very lengthy history books, or something on a particular subject that's nonfiction. Also I might not be able to say I "Finish" them because I don't read cover to cover, I read until I find whatever it is i'm curious about and then I store the book on a shelf for future reference but in all likelihood never pick it up again.

I think I would spend more time reading books if I were a faster reader. Assuming a typical paperback novel size, I read about a page every two minutes, which is on the slow side of average. I also have trouble sitting still and doing the same thing for longer than maybe 3-4 hours at a time.

There are people out there who read 200-300 books a year, which surely means they can blast through an entire novel in an afternoon/evening. I've done that in my entire life exactly once that I can recall (with The Road by Cormac McCarthy).

ETA: Regarding history books - I enjoy learning about history and generally enjoy books in this genre, but it's rare for me to explore something in that much depth. I'm just interested in SO MANY different things.

I think I would spend more time reading books if I were a faster reader. Assuming a typical paperback novel size, I read about a page every two minutes, which is on the slow side of average. I also have trouble sitting still and doing the same thing for longer than maybe 3-4 hours at a time.

There are people out there who read 200-300 books a year, which surely means they can blast through an entire novel in an afternoon/evening. I've done that in my entire life exactly once that I can recall (with The Road by Cormac McCarthy).

ETA: Regarding history books - I enjoy learning about history and generally enjoy books in this genre, but it's rare for me to explore something in that much depth. I'm just interested in SO MANY different things.
What's you're favorite thing to do? (Didn't know what to say)

Jesus Christ, part of my brain is telling me that I wrote this post. Read a couple paragraphs and then you have to walk about and think on it don't you?