[INFJ] - Thoughts On This Article? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Thoughts On This Article?

:m052:
Wow...I found several things that do not ring true for me in this article:

INFJ is a dominant Perceiving type, even though they have J (indicating Judging) in their type code, and an INFP is a dominant Judging type, even though they have P (indicating Perception) in their type code. The reason for this is because the J or P in the type code of an introvert is referring to their auxiliary function, which is always extraverted in an introvert dominant type.
Really??? I didn't know this before now.

Astrologically, this class is ruled by the planet Neptune.
Double whammy--my astrological Sun sign is ruled by Neptune...but my moon sign is Jupiter.

This doesn't ring true for me either:
INFJs tend to be fascinated with violence, and at the very least, are somewhat receptive to it. While they are usually not the enactors of violence, they often like to be surrounded by people that hold some prospect of violence in their nature. This secretly excites them.

No way...I'm one of the least judgemental people I know:
INFPs are nowhere near as judgmental of people as INFJs.

Surely not truth for me either...we all want to love & be loved.
INFJs, on the other hand, like passionate intensity and often engage in dramatic relationships in which there is a lot of ups and downs and the prospect of the loss of the beloved.

No...well...maybe depends on the situation:
INFJs, on the other hand, can be some of the biggest and most selfish assholes that you will ever meet.

May have to do with those occassional bouts of assholitis?
INFJ often tempts fate by their actions in effect saying, “C’mon death, see if you can take me.”

Nope.
An INFJ is essentially very sensitive to their status in the world. They are very concerned with attainment of certain objectives and power, or at least they are very fascinated with the mechanisms underlying it.

Agreed...with age comes wisdom.
INFJs have a lot more moral uncertainty
though they may do it very much in their youth

Very much disagree with this:
You could say much of the dynamic of an INFJs life becomes something of this struggle over what is permissible in moral terms.

Thank you for posting this. I think I need to evaluate INFJ traits more to see how they correlate with me. I'm thinking it must be related to maturity that some do not ring true. :flushed:

I think a lot of this article is nonsense.

Reactions: hush
I think a lot of this article is nonsense.

I read it with a great degree of skepticism. The article seemed to be a plethora of claims with lacking supporting evidence. I froze especially at the INFPs being soft and cuddly bit, lol. They can be this, yes, but... INFPs, in my very humble experience, can be some of the most fiery, intensely passionate people I know, which is a beautiful thing, and a trait I admire.

I'm just sitting here, skeptical, with a raised eyebrow. It almost seemed like the article's author was putting forth their personal ideas concerning MBTI, without necessarily backing it up. When it comes to MBTI, though, it can be hard to find a reliable source; there are often so very many conflicting opinions and views.

Reactions: Asa
I wonder if it resonated with me due to my age (28), sex/gender (and various cultural and biological baggage related thus), philosophical values, and especially being a Type 1 Enneagram.

I also have a lot of rage deep down, that I'm working to either release or control. It's difficult, especially given the fact I seem to fundamentally abhor and disrespect the victim attitude that I feel is so prevalent in the society I'm living in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandie33