This Little Light of Mine.... | INFJ Forum

This Little Light of Mine....

Sriracha

Not here.
Banned
Jul 14, 2011
MBTI
ISFJ
I love her introduction. Listen carefully. :)

[video=youtube;cMaWsfLYQko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMaWsfLYQko[/video]

"It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."

Reactions: Quiet
I'm done with this song... at least for a while!!!! :)

I'm done with this song... at least for a while!!!! :)

That's funny b/c after I posted it I thought of you and [MENTION=5145]AKM[/MENTION]. :D

Listen to her words before she sings. They are incredibly powerful. :)

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” by Marianne Williamson

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing :)

Thank you [MENTION=4423]Sriracha[/MENTION]!

I have been thinking about this recently. How we can be so afraid and intimidated by the light. The 'darkness' becomes our security blanket, that familarity that we feel comfortable with. Sometimes we feel imobilised or unwilling to go foward into the light bceause we are afraid of 'losing' our grip or connection, to our tired perceptions and cultural dreams of reality. We dont want to appear different or obscure. We dont know if we will maintain 'perspective' or be able to relate to all we once knew. It becomes a case of the hand we hold is the hand that holds us down. The security of the darkness is comforting and suffocating and safe. But once we let go, others around us can also let go. When we go into the light on we can see that there are no monsters under the bed. And shadows no longer frighten us.

Thank you for sharing this. Lots of love to you.