This is driving me crazy! What could be my mbti type? | INFJ Forum

This is driving me crazy! What could be my mbti type?

blakatze

One
Jun 21, 2015
MBTI
ISxx
I'm having troubles typing myself. I would greatly appreciate your feedback. I am just going to keep this straightforward. Thanks!

-I hate being controlled when its unnecessary
-I hate getting my space invaded
-Most of my female friends at one point has gotten mad at me because I don't ask how they are doing or reach out to them often
-I have no problem making friends but it's difficult for me to maintain steady female friendships because they don't understand my need for privacy
-I have no problem completely abandoning friendships/ people
-I hate texting, I like my conversations quick and to the point (ex: don't ask how I am doing if your intentions are to ask for my charger)
-I like to keep my family life separate from my social life
-When an issue arises I like to fix the problem myself and I don't feel the need to ask other people for advice
-I'm quite rigid and when people first meet me they think I'm unfriendly (maybe of my resting bitch face)
-I love hiking, my perfect date would consist of a good hike, stimulating conversation, home cooked meal and jazz night
-I don't consider myself athletic but I can walk for many hours and hike
-I am not athletic but I'm a good dancer
-I would love to bungee jump or skydive and would have no problem with it
-I absolutely love art and can stare at it for hours
-I don't like reading fantasy novels because it can't be applied to my life
-I'm quick to act on spills or fires.. things like that that require quick thinking
-I am really decisive when I have a limited amount of time to think but I usually like to keep my opinions open
-I don't enjoy action (like fast and furious) or violent movies... my favorite movie that I have watched lately was ex-machina
-I am really sensitive to smell and is usually the first person to notice a change of scent in the air
-When I'm really bored or nothing new is happening, I like to try new things like new recipes or activities
-I'm usually very calm, I never lash out on other people... I keep those emotions inside
-I really like details and would prefer that over general ideas
-I love animals more than people
-I love hearing about peoples conspiracy theories or views on religion and the world
-When I say I will do something I will follow through
-I am very hardworking
-I learn a lot from seeing people make their mistakes
-When I make a decision, I never look back
-One of my fears is getting old, having nothing to do and just waiting to die
-When I'm really stressed or busy, I never eat or don't have an appetite to eat

Things that bother me
-Overly dramatic people who just do it to get attention
-Extreme feminists/ religious people
-Those who are not humble
-People who think everything is awkward or say things like "well... that was awkward"
-People who complain about Mondays (What's wrong with Mondays? I don't get it)

Hi!

I'll try to help, despite I have a cold.

First off, to be strict, MBTI tests for your preference in both decision making and information gathering, your preferens between those and whether you're introverted or extroverted. Nothing more! There may be a lot more conclusions to draw from this - as "they" claim - but you cannot test for these other behaviours, and then conclude that you might be the this-and-that-type.

Second, MBTI aren't verified as an actual scientific tool. What this means, beyond those fancy words or "science" and "proved", is that MBTI might just be putting a grid on something that isn't fitting naturaly into that grid. You might be just in between one of the dichotomies, or perhaps even in your own seperate outline that the test doesn't ask for, but will have a great impact on your personality. I myself had a rough time trying to find out if I really was the type that MBTI told me I was, and it all ended up in the conclusion that "yes I am, but you get what you ask for, and perhaps you ask the wrong questions".

MBTI is greatly fun! But don't make it into something it isn't: important.

ISTP.

I think almost every point you made goes along very well with its description. It is way too late for me to really expand on, but I think it is definitely something to look into if you haven't already. (taken your profile type you probably already have). If you're still undecided you could look into the cognitive functions - I think you are very Ti-Se, based on what you've written. Be mindful though that tests can be very flawed, and only as accurate as your self-assessment, and just as @Oscillation said that MBTI really isn't a hard science.

edit: And take what I just said with a grain of salt - It is hard to get a holistic picture and type someone over the internet, and only of one post at that!