Think you'll be the same person in 5 years? | INFJ Forum

Think you'll be the same person in 5 years?

Keirouen

Community Member
Jun 3, 2014
MBTI
intj
Do you expect yourself to change in time?

Will you be the same person in 5 years? In 10?

Let's go back in time now.

Will you agree with your past self?

Would the you from 10 years ago agree on:
-fashion
-friend choice
-romantic/sexual taste
-favorite movies
-favorite color
-favorite artist
-outlook on life, etc... with your present self?

How about your future self?

Reactions: Jexocuha and casie
I change from day to day, sometimes to better, sometimes to worse. If I go to bed this night, tomorrow morning I think different. I can't even remember my thoughts from last night. To change...its in my own nature. Sometimes I don't recognise myself.

Reactions: Jexocuha
no. few people are. life is fluid and dynamic, so are people & personalities...

We will see. I have never ended up where I expected for long

I've been here for five years, and a lot has changed about me in that time. I can only assume the same will be true for the next five years, and every five year increment for the foreseeable future.

yep 5 yrs can really change a person. Definitely not who I was 5 yrs ago in thought, understanding, or goals.

Reactions: Jexocuha and Pin
-fashion hell yea
-friend choice yes
-romantic/sexual taste definitely
-favorite movies never had any favorite movie :( couldn't choose, and never will.
-favorite color yes
-favorite artist no
-outlook on life, etc... with your present self? would feel so damn proud of my current self that he'd cry for days on end.

How about your future self? future towards current self?:

-fashion GJ kid.
-friend choice You tried.
-romantic/sexual taste perfect but pointless
-favorite movies nothing ever changes
-favorite color lifelong
-favorite artist lol... what was I thinking
-outlook on life, etc... with your present self? Keep it up kid, you're almost there. you've come a long way, just keep charging forward a little bit longer! charge go go go kid! you can do it!

Parts of me might be- but I don't know if I'd be happy if I didn't change at all. So far all of my changes have been really positive.

No, I was way more misanthropic, way more easily depressed/distraught, way more likely to see things in black and white, way more likely to have low self-esteem.

-romantic/sexual taste
-favorite movies
-favorite color
-favorite artist

It's weird, the me when I was 11 would like who I am now, but not the me who was 15/16.

Fashion is completely different. I used to have short bleached hair, and now I have long brown hair, I also wore more makeup, and surprisingly I dressed way more provocatively in my youth.

Friend choice- I'm friends with a few people from high school. I'm more picky now, and there are some friends from my past I would never be friends with now.
My taste in men is the same, my views on relationships are the same, although I'm more openminded when it comes to alternatives.
My favorite movies are the same. And my taste in artists has changed slightly, but more significantly the way I view art has changed.

My outlook on life is much different, I take things much less seriously.

I see my future self being more adult, more responsible, & more serious in some ways, but also enjoying life more and being more socially mature.

I'm different every 5 minutes let alone 5 years.

So what? I'll be different in 5 seconds. Don't try and one-up me. 5 milliseconds is just dumb.

tumblr_static_anteater-standing-in-cool-style.jpg

I can't imagine being the same person in 5 years. Looking back 5 years ago, I was so different.

Like is about experiencing...and experience shapes you, and creates a process of evolution - good, bad, neither.

I like that I'll be different in 5 years.

Yeah for sure. I hope I change into a person who reads more.

I hope not!

If we must...

My past self was an idiot!

-fashion
-friend choice
-romantic/sexual taste
-favorite movies
-favorite color
-favorite artist

Apart from the fact that still I end up dating tall, slender women despite my best intentions, I would say all of this has changed. Past me would look on current me like I've totally lost my way. Like I said, past me was an idiot!

I hope my future self forgives me for my stuff ups, and realises that I've done a stack of work to move my life in a positive direction.

As a note I believe I have heard it said that every 7 years ever cell in your body is replaced so you are literally not the same person.

Reactions: Jexocuha and muir

yes, I change anyway. I try to make it for good, in the direction that I want.

I don't think so. Even in the last few months, I'm amazed at how much I managed to change myself.

Yes and no. Mostly no.

-fashion - no!
-friend choice - no!
-romantic/sexual taste -what a weird question, sexual "taste"..., of course no!!!!!!!!
-favorite movies - yes!
-favorite color - NO!
-favorite artist - oh no!
-outlook on life, etc... with your present self? -yes in one sense!

My future self would be kind of super-INFJ, a hybrid, something even more rare, something luxurious, a truly "rare bird"; a INFJ that has the natural advantages of a INFJ, but with the engines updated seriously.

Reactions: Pin
As a note I believe I have heard it said that every 7 years ever cell in your body is replaced so you are literally not the same person.
And also the brain...

My personality changes frequently in minor ways. I think even just one year from now I'll shudder imagining my current self.

Yeah.

Yes, I hope to have a lot more money and a top place in the pecking order.

Ok.

-fashion
Yeah, suits all day everyday.
-friend choice
No.
-romantic/sexual taste
No.
-favorite movies
No.
-favorite color
No.
-favorite artist
No.
No.

I think I'll value achievement and success but I hope to make way more time for my family and friends than I do now.

I'll probably have a lot more power too.