things you need todo before you turn 20,or you did before turning 20 or wished to do | INFJ Forum

things you need todo before you turn 20,or you did before turning 20 or wished to do

abhijone93

Sep 3, 2013
MBTI
infj
hi.guys.
i am sure for everyone their 20s were something theyd never forget or still in thir 20s or excited to be 20.
well i am turning 20 in a couple of weeks and some how i am not ready to be 20 yet(have you ever felt that?) .so i wanted some suggestions on things youd do before you turn 20 ,you must have made a list yourself..well why dont you share.. thankyou:)

Not make lists of things to do by or during a certain age.

I wanted to take a road trip with some girlfriends, but sadly, that never happened. I did go to Disney World for the first time at the age of 20. Always wanted to go when I was young, but never had the chance. I'd say break tradition and do something you've never done before.

not trying to sound like a jerk, [MENTION=9563]abhijone93[/MENTION], but this.

Certain "things" dont matter. Just because you're 20 doesn't make it any more special or different than 19.

Find who you like, what you like, and do those things, be with those people to celebrate. Enjoy life, regardless of an age.

We can't tell you what is good to do, because we don't know you. Decide for yourself, and just enjoy it.

20 is a while ago for me but there were some things I did:

* Travel by yourself - overseas.
* Take a long-ish "survival" holiday in isolation.
* Buy and outrageous car - only to get rid of it later.
* Befriend some homeless people.
* Host a kick-ass evening that people still talk about 15 years later - strangely it is talked about most by people who weren't there/invited - kind of trying to get me to do it again.
* Take a course to raise your general level of "culture" - wine tasting, cigar appreciation, cocktail making, etc.
* Go skiing (not a big deal for some, but I'm Australian - and skiing isn't exactly a national pass-time, for lack of snow).
* Learn to play a musical instrument.
* Learn a foreign language.
** Wish I had got around to flying a glider, or wing-glider.
* Make some sort of investment. (It was only a small investment, but I still keep track of how it is going).
* Grow a beard, just for the heck of it.
* Buy a proper suit.
* Speak at a funeral.
* Do some volunteer work for a Summer.
* Visit people at a nursing home.
* Buy some leather and make a wallet with Dad.

I could go on, but I'm going to have a nostalgia melt-down.

Anyone who doesn't like making lists ain't INFJ. Just sayin.

Invent the twentux!

Let a twentux be your age divided by 20. So you're always turning 20, 20 twentuxen!

If I had it to do over again, I would travel on my own.
Do some volunteer work.
Discover other cultures.
Think of were you want to be in life when you are 40 or 50.

Anyone who doesn't like making lists ain't INFJ. Just sayin.
I don't know about that.
Never been a list maker. A grocery list maybe.
I have the rest in my mind.

I actually think this is a positive thing to do for INFJs and INFPs. Many introverted F-types tend toward aimlessness and then get easily depressed when they perceive they haven't been keeping up with their peers because they aren't happy with the amount of action they took in their own lives. If they set their own goals and achieve them, they will feel good about themselves. Meeting challenges builds positive self-esteem.

Of course, the only provisio is that the items on the list are a. important to the person in question to actually pursue b. are actionable and within your power to achieve and c. you have a plan on when to follow-through on them and how. Otherwise, if you're just making an arbitrary list of things to do but don't have the passion or drive to follow-through on them, then there is no point in wasting your breath. It's only going to make you feel bad about yourself when you find the list again.

Reactions: bamf
How the hell are people going to university, working to afford it AND still having money to go travelling and doing all kinds of expensive activities??? Seriously-- did you have rich parents or were you running e-businesses in your spare time?

I just did the normal teenager stuff and didn't lose the plot and that was a pretty big accomplishment for me, and saved all of the enriching life experiences for when I wasn't poor.
Sharing a joint with my friends was my only vacation option.

How the hell are people going to university, working to afford it AND still having money to go travelling and doing all kinds of expensive activities??? Seriously-- did you have rich parents or were you running e-businesses in your spare time?

I just did the normal teenager stuff and didn't lose the plot and that was a pretty big accomplishment for me, and saved all of the enriching life experiences for when I wasn't poor.

No kidding, me too! Spent up until 20 getting through school, becoming self sufficient and recovering from my teenage years, and thought that was quite enough. I'm actually glad I did those things but if I could have toured the world that would have been nice also.

I'd like to be able to fluently speak another language before my next decade birthday, and I will have to make a list of some of the other things.

Travel isn't expensive.

If you can save $40 a week - and do not stay in hotels - you can have a substantial 2 week holiday overseas each year.

it doent. matter if ur views differ..all i wanted is for you guys to share so we could get to knoew each.other.i knkw i xan do all kinds of shit whenever i want ,but its always.fun to do somethings wothing a time period .so this post

If I had it to do over again, I would travel on my own.
Do some volunteer work.
Discover other cultures.
Think of were you want to be in life when you are 40 or 50.

I don't know about that.
Never been a list maker. A grocery list maybe.
I have the rest in my mind.
this is exaclty what i was looking for thanks for sharing
and you.could still all those:)

If I were to do it all again, I think I'd do the following:
  • Habitat for Humanity - South America
  • Be a camp counselor at a summer camp for kids
  • join a sports team in high school (which I did, proud to say)
  • Do student council (high school and Uni)
  • Do a road trip with my friends (I wanted to do this, but I let myself get talked out of it by over-protective parents and my own fears. The same could be said about most of the items on this list. Don't let people's over worrying and negativity get in your way!)
  • Get a job tree-planting. It's one of the toughest things many of my friends had done, but it was a massive growing experience for them (pun not intended :p)
  • Work as many different odd jobs as possible for a variety of experiences + money (retail, waitressing, office, delivery, dog walking, warehouse, production, etc
  • Participate in a theatre production ( I actually did this in my senior year in HS. I was the director, which was more responsibility than I wanted, but oh my gosh, it was a blast!)
  • Do a corporate internship. It doesn't matter if you want a corporate job in the future, but the people you meet and the company name on your resume is a huuuuuuge foot in the door for many places you might be interested in working in the future. My brother and I both did this and we are better off for it!)
  • Make as many unique work contacts as possible and maintain relationships. Also a big help in the future!

I wanted to try to take over the world, and due to my unusually large brain mass for a rodent, I had many great adventures in attempting this. Unfortunately I just found out that rats usually have a lifespan of 3 years...my time is coming to an end....

I wanted to try to take over the world, and due to my unusually large brain mass for a rodent, I had many great adventures in attempting this. Unfortunately I just found out that rats usually have a lifespan of 3 years...my time is coming to an end....

NARF!

(I get the strangest inkling that I should herald your return with a kazoo rendition of Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries-- or Pinky and the Brain. Either one).