Things you couldn't change.

Trifoilum

find wisdom, build hope.
Dec 27, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
If you dislike something but can't really do anything / have the right to do so, is it better to walk away from the place? Dislike as in, distaste; disgust; but this feeling was rooted from a sense of indignation so you know there's something wrong --and it will most likely will be if you don't do anything--

--the serenity to walk away from things I couldn't change, and the wisdom to know the difference--

And root-wise, this isn't a feeling of being halted / facing an obstacle, it's more of an...annoyance. More like seeing trashes around your house rather than seeing a wall in front of you. Not Ni, but Fe. That feeling of wanting to take care of everyone no matter how messed up / annoying / immutable they are.

I was thinking about this today, mainly due to me and my two siblings having a differing opinion about Macao (hint: G-A-M-B-L-I-N-G) and I remembered last year I blew up due to this.
but~ what about you? What do you say about this kind of thing?

The choice is not always there to walk away from it - that's the rub.

I think it is hard when you fell torn between taking action or allowing yourself to walk away when your nature is to take action. Walking away and letting go are learned behaviors especially if you are an overachiever. The idea is to understand that accepting truth (ie there isn't much you can do effectively) and choosing to walk away is not the same a failure. However, to someone who usually chooses to do something, walking away feels like failure. The first step is always to understand that the feelings exist within not without. Many times people will transfer their feelings to others or whatnot to escape the difficult ideas they have to face. Perhaps your feelings derive from a feeling of helplessness. If you are a highly capable person, feeling helpless to effect change feels like failure as well. Just some thoughts, I can't really know for sure but that is what I sensed from your post.

Perhaps your feelings derive from a feeling of helplessness. If you are a highly capable person, feeling helpless to effect change feels like failure as well. Just some thoughts, I can't really know for sure but that is what I sensed from your post.
I don't feel too capable but I do feel this is quite...important. Because this is some kind of a seed planted into the ground. Wait long enough and it will bloom into an ugly and life-destroying tree; or at least that's what I feared. Yeah, it's a feeling of helplessness too. Especially when it happens so close.
The choice is not always there to walk away from it - that's the rub.
Interesting; can you explain more?