Administrator
Aug 21, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Random things that Introverts like!
The companion thread for "Things That Freak Introverts Out". :D

When your guests leave (even though you enjoyed their company) and you have the entire house to yourself after days of being around people. Decompression time ! <3

• Being left the hell alone :tonguewink:
  • Office days... where I don't have to go out and facilitate meetings
  • Working from home is the greatest thing for introverts!
  • Stormy rainy days (I feel for me, that somehow ties in..)
  • When people cancel plans
  • Gatherings where I am acquainted or friends with many there. It's difficult trying to converse with people I don't know.
  • Having an extrovert for a partner. I feel like he buffers a lot of the strain of some interactions.. and helps get me out of my shell.

Last edited:
  • Being left the hell alone :tonguewink:
  • Office days... where I don't have to go out and facilitate meetings
  • Working from home is the greatest thing for introverts!
  • Stormy rainy days (I feel for me, that somehow ties in..)
  • When people cancel plans
  • Gatherings where I am acquainted or friends with many there. It's difficult trying to converse with people I don't know.
  • Having an extrovert for a partner. I feel like he buffers a lot of the strain of some interactions..

Other than the extrovert partner, agree. I love thunderstorms.

I can totally relate to guests leaving! Some of my favorite things are:

- Taking a bath after a stressful day
- Walks in a drizzly rain
- Sitting next to bodies of water
- After a social event, grabbing bad fast food and watching Netflix
- Lounging in pajamas with no commitment to leave the house

Other than the extrovert partner, agree. I love thunderstorms.

I sleep best when it rains. Both because of the soothing regularity of the sound and the humidity of the air. I love the smell of rain. I don't however like getting wet (I'm a bit like a cat that way). Thunderstorms are only a little different. I love staying up for them.

I can totally relate to guests leaving! Some of my favorite things are:

- Taking a bath after a stressful day
- Walks in a drizzly rain
- Sitting next to bodies of water
- After a social event, grabbing bad fast food and watching Netflix
- Lounging in pajamas with no commitment to leave the house

I concur with most of that. I like drizzle, but not being in it, particularly, because my immune system is pretty f****d up. I tend to bathe to hot (otherwise I'm freezing), so baths are a little draining. I'm watching stuff (not only on Netflix) in general every day, most comfortably in my pjs. It is the nicest way to relax on an average day.

Besides that, I love picturesque surroundings, but I don't like merely being there, without something to do there. It feels stupid to go somewhere only to look at something. Other than art, maybe. Art is different, somehow, you can contemplate on it and the artist, whereas nature is too obscure to even grasp in its complexity. And though I admit that the latter makes for a nice thought to have in such a place, it doesn't occupy for very long. At least not someone not-artsy as me. I can enjoy it greatly while being on a tour on my bicycle, though, but sadly the weather isn't always this good here.

Private bathrooms. Shutting the bathroom door. Never being interrupted in the bathroom. Bathroom time is me time. Stay out!

Hahaha! Yes! Given five stars by other introverts.

There are so many good lists on this thread. I agree with almost everything. We go to a restaurant with outdoor seating near a waterfall. Corner seat on a patio overlooking a waterfall - Yes, please!

– When I'm somewhere with a person I don't know (like on a hiking trail) and they say a friendly 'hello' so it isn't awkward, but leave it at that and don't try to chat.
But also...
– When I'm somewhere where I'm meant to socialize and people approach me to say 'hi' so I don't have to approach them.

Last edited:
home alone, in pj's, tea and a good book while listening to the rain. <3

One of my favorite places was the gym sauna after a workout. It's hot, lots of steam so you can see people just enough to know they are there. They (men) don't usually talk a lot in there because we're mostly naked and that is counter to guy code. And, I can just sit, relax, and go internal to think, reflect, and relax after the body is already tired from the workout.

Going to the book store, getting a coffee and the perusing the stacks to see all of the new thoughts and ideas that are circulating.