The Wrong Side Absolutely Must Not Win! | INFJ Forum

The Wrong Side Absolutely Must Not Win!

But My Side will never win any election in this country anyhow :(

You know, we could solve this problem by establishing a dictatorship.

Haha! That was pretty good! :smile:

I'm just glad the article supports my side. It clearly points out how backward you are.

if all the sides are wrong then none of them are?

YOU'RE OUT OF ORDER!

THEY'RE OUT OF ORDER!

THIS WHOLE COUNTRY IS OUT OF ORDER!

Cock-a-roaches!

Reactions: knight in battle
Who care which side wins. Everyone knows that those guys, the other guys and that one guy are the true power behind this government.

They want us to be separate from each other. They want us to fight with each other. They want us to let our anger out on each other, so it never comes back to them. The American people agree on more things then they disagree on, but it would be a danger to those in power if we were to ever truly come together.

It's bread and circus, and sadly, we are our own circus.

I'm all in favor of the wrong side winning! In this climate, it will guarantee a revolution... and we're in much need of one :)

It's bread and circus, and sadly, we are our own circus.

That explains all the clowns in this country. And I hate clowns.

we need more players! I do not mind being in the minority if a majority of the able play.

Does a two-party system guarantee that a shouting match doesn't "win" the day? It's seems possible. People can rally to one or the other to work for a common direction, without having to choose among a smorgasbord of parties. Even if one or both sides are bought up and controlled by fat cats, there may still be a chance for people with conviction to be heard.

During an election year, it's expected that pundits are going to confuse and distort, while the dishonest persons take over quietly (assuming that one of the candidates is significantly more dishonest or incompetent than the other major one), yet people are forced to cooperate with each other when they join the same side, even when disagreements may remain. Suddenly, the disagreements become marginal and insignificant between members of the same party.

They can cooperate to dig up the problems and dishonesties of the other side. Whereas, where is the hope that an honest small party is going to succeed in being heard with such small numbers?

Both parties ultimately work for the military industrial complex

A new political party has been formed to represent the interests of the public which is setting up parties all around the world; its called the Pirate Party

Hmm...very interesting.

I quite frankly have never felt as conflicted as I have with this election cycle. Neither major party is aligned with my ideals or values.
I can find aspects of both parties that I agree with, but at the same time other parts of their platforms I abhor.
Both parties it seems have gone so far to their extremes.
Extreme Left in the case of the Democrats, and the Republicans extreme Right. Neither side can see the forest for the trees.
My world isn't that black & white. Where is middle ground? Where is common sense?
I for the life of me can't understand how there can be people that believe lock, stock, and barrell everything their chosen party believes in. Just can't get my head around that.

I have voted in every Presidential election since 1980. I have voted for both Democratic candidates, and Republican candidates. I believe I voted for the Independent John Anderson that first time in 1980.
As I've gotten older, the more I have come to the conclusion that neither party has our best interests in mind. We will be screwed over no matter which party is in power.
I'll most likely watch the debates between President Obama and Mitt Romney. Sometimes despite the dog and pony show it is, it's good theater.
But quite frankly, I don't see that there is anything either can do or say at this point that will persuade me to vote for either one of them. I don't think holding my nose and voting for the one that I dislike the least will suffice this time around.
Sigh.....

Side note:
When I watched Bill Clinton give his speech at the Democratic national convention, I said to myself as I am sure many others watching did, "Wish you could be running again!"

You're right [MENTION=1355]MindYourHead[/MENTION] its all theatre; the politicians are just middle management

It's money that decides what happens in the US; the politicians represent the interests of powerful individuals and groups

The politicians put on a good show and they draw the attention of the public. When there are failures the politicians will get the blame. But behind the politicians the same forces are at work regardless of which party gets into power

Maybe its time for people to throw a spanner in the works of this farcical two party system and start voting for other parties to enable other voices to enter the political arena

Both sides are essentially the same. The choice exists as a false dichotomy to make you think that you have a choice at all.

Reactions: muir
Maybe its time for people to throw a spanner in the works of this farcical two party system and start voting for other parties to enable other voices to enter the political arena

In elections for our State Governor, I have voted for candidates from outside the mainstream.
I then get into the argument with others after I express this that, "Oh, all you did was throw your vote away. Your vote was meaningless. Your vote stole votes from so and so, and put the other person in office."
(Meaning the candidate the person saying these things didn't like)

While I understand their thinking on this, I refuse to accept it.
Apparently, it is so much better to compromise what you believe in and fall in line with the other sheeple.

Both sides are essentially the same. The choice exists as a false dichotomy to make you think that you have a choice at all.

Agreed.

Reactions: muir
[MENTION=4552]Air[/MENTION]

I absolutely agree

Politicians are a veil between the people and the real power, like the curtain between Dorothy and the wizard of OZ. Pull it aside and you find a bunch of power hungry, frightened old men

In elections for our State Governor, I have voted for candidates from outside the mainstream.
I then get into the argument with others after I express this that, "Oh, all you did was throw your vote away. Your vote was meaningless. Your vote stole votes from so and so, and put the other person in office."
(Meaning the candidate the person saying these things didn't like)

While I understand their thinking on this, I refuse to accept it.
Apparently, it is so much better to compromise what you believe in and fall in line with the other sheeple.

Agreed.

I agree that voting for another party is not a wasted vote. Even if the party you voted for doesn't win, an increase in their popularity will gain them more publicity and greater political clout which increases their chances of success next time round and increases their ability to challenge the 2 main parties

Further to that both the main parties reflect the interests of big money so it really doesn't matter all that much which one gets in. What matters is trying to gain a greater say for the person on the street and that means voting for something different