The Surprising Thing About Dating an INTJ, as an INFJ | INFJ Forum

The Surprising Thing About Dating an INTJ, as an INFJ

INTP and INFJ ftw! Best in depth discussions, both laid back, open minded, the world is a giant ball of thousands upon thousands of questions and theories that are so much fun to discuss and explore together, and both types love sex!

PS: In most cases an INTJ will wear the INFJ down with their narcissistic behavior and incredibly fragile egos. If you can accept that most of them will claim to always be right, and you are wrong, and you adore robots, then by all means enjoy all that great (not) fun you'll have together.

INTP and INFJ ftw! Best in depth discussions, both laid back, open minded, the world is a giant ball of thousands upon thousands of questions and theories that are so much fun to discuss and explore together, and both types love sex!

I cannot possibly "Like" this enough. :blush:

I don't think that's the same thing as @Happy Phantom saying she would like to have sex with you.

INTJ and INFJ relationships may work well at times, romantically. I think both parties are equally good at understanding people and their motives but go about it a different way. I also think both types know what they want from the start. Both types seem very similar but just have different ways to reach the same or similar outcome. The INTJ is probably a more direct version of the INFJ.

I think INFJs just need to remember that they are not the only dominant NI users... :tearsofjoy:, for both are just as deep and can see/understand trends and patterns in a subconscious way. So both types will get an intuitive feeling if the relationship is bound to fail. Both types are good at spotting shoddiness. Romantically, then, both types bring the same values to the table.

A lot of it depends on maturity as well and how much both parties are interested in each other.

Last edited:
I think INFJs just need to remember that they are not the only dominant NI users... :tearsofjoy:, for both are just as deep and can see/understand trends and patterns in a subconscious way. So both types will get an intuitive feeling if the relationship is bound to fail. Both types are good at spotting shoddiness. Romantically, then, both types bring the same values to the table.

The challenge might be in the nature of Ni, which by its nature is a highly personal and abstract function. Thus, if the INFJ/INTJ pair weren't on the exact same page in terms of values and priorities (and thus their interpretation of the information evaluated by Ni), I can see the potential for sharp interpersonal conflict.

A lot of it depends on maturity as well and how much both parties are interested in each other.

Certainly true, and applicable to most or all type pairings.

Fun article. My SO is an INTJ, too. There are many INFJ/INTJ pairings here. :)

Debate the poor things..... nice.
Thank you. :blush: My mother was very strict about having good manners, so much of my "niceness" is due to being properly raised. Thanks Mom! :kissingheart:

Reactions: infinite dreams