IndigoSensor

Product Obtained
Retired Staff
Nov 12, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2 sx/so/sp
Disclamer: If you think you might ever have to take the rorschash inblot test, don't read this thread. It might alter the way you take it, and thus invalidate how accurate it is.

----------------

So this is actually kind of funny, at the same time frusterating for me. I was given the rorschach inkblot test a few hours ago, and I failed it. Yup, I managed to do the inkblot test wrong.

Apparently, you need to give at least 14 different, separate images and the description of each of them, out of the 10 plates that they use. I gave 10 responses. Why? Because I intergrated everything I saw. Apparently me explaining how all the images were interconnected in each plate, made the number of responses count together.

With each thing that I saw, I could see several things going on in the image, but I was able to interconnect them and relate them to each other. However loosely, I was able to do it, and I had to do it. I had to say more or less, this, for each plate when I was taking the test:

"Now, this thing that I see here, is part of the plate itself. However, it is perceptually in a different dimenstion from the other image(s) on the plate, they are able to be seen by me, but are not able to perceive each other. A good analogy would be if there was a ghost in the room here with us. We can not see it, and it can not see us, however we are in the same space, and can (without our knowledge, or it's knowledge) interact with each other and overlap in this fused plane of exsistence, even though we are in independent planes of reality. A higher order being, as an external observer, could see both of us at the same time, but would know we are in different worlds."

I know that sounds horribly esoteric, but it was the best way I could describe it. I had to fuse everything together. I couldn't see how they weren't interrelated. Seperating the images seemed wrong to me. By doing that, it ended up making it one response. The psychologist was not able to tell me that I would need 14 responses for this for the test to be valid, because it would make test bais, which I understand. She is still going to use the information, but can't use the systems to extrapolate what it totally means.

Another interesting thing is this test gave me horrible anexity on the first few plates (the black and red ones). The images were very dark and had a "sinsiter" feel to them. This unnerved me, and it was extremely hard for me to describe them because I was so distressed it. I was also really unnerved by the fact that I instantly saw something evil/sinister/negitive in the image, and as much as I tried I could not see anything positive. I began to wonder if the test was just designed this way to elict this kind of negative response like this, and I seriously began to concider if there was something wrong with me or not because I was seeing stuff that was so dark and made me feel so anxious and uneasy, almost depressed.

I could describe much more, but I think this is enough. So, has anyone else here taken this before in a professional setting? What was it like for you, and if you got actual results from it what did it say and did it work for you? Discuss.

When I was a child ... maybe age 9-ish ... I took a battery of tests: Rorschach, IQ, the one where they show you a picture and you have to interpret what's going on (can't remember the name), etc.

My results were that, for my age, my intelligence was very high and I had an excessively optimistic view of the world.

However, my childhood drawings were always very dark ... in theme and color ... so go figure.

did read your post because ive always wanted to take it... i love psychological type tests...where/why did you take it?
i talk to the LSSP psychologist at my school but he says for him to administer those tests you have to have a legit reason to take it (i.e. a learning problem). in other words, no curious self-discovery, figuring out the system, yada yada yada, for me... dang.. :( anyway...

My psychologist referred for me to have it done (I didn't ask for it, nor did I know that it exsisted). I am wondering though if the real reason for it is for them to see if there is something major that is wrong with me, judging my the tests I have been given. I was given some kind of IQ test (that wasn't an IQ test) that seemed far too simple, I do not remember the name. I was given the MMPI, which tests for mental disorders, and now I was given rorschash. There is one more test left, but I don't know what it is, as I am not allowed to know beforehand. I was told that this would give me more insight to my personality and abillites, and she based me having this off my intereting MBTI, which I have expressed. She also said it was for her to understand me better.

Apparently I will be getting this huge personal report at the end of the testing. I'll certainly let you guys know once I get it, but it wont be till the end of the month likely. At this point, I am unsure what the whole purpose of this is.

My psychologist referred for me to have it done (I didn't ask for it, nor did I know that it exsisted). I am wondering though if the real reason for it is for them to see if there is something major that is wrong with me, judging my the tests I have been given. I was given some kind of IQ test (that wasn't an IQ test) that seemed far too simple, I do not remember the name. I was given the MMPI, which tests for mental disorders, and now I was given rorschash. There is one more test left, but I don't know what it is, as I am not allowed to know beforehand. I was told that this would give me more insight to my personality and abillites, and she based me having this off my intereting MBTI, which I have expressed. She also said it was for her to understand me better.

Apparently I will be getting this huge personal report at the end of the testing. I'll certainly let you guys know once I get it, but it wont be till the end of the month likely. At this point, I am unsure what the whole purpose of this is.
fascinating..
yet ( i might be totally off here) if i were in your shoes i could see this is somewhat disturbing...

Heh, yeah I am kind of guilding the surface of that a bit.

I am kinda disturbed by all of this. The way I responded to the rorschash test in itself, independent of the anexity the test caused, has caused anexity about it that unnerved me to a good level (because it very likely means something is wrong with me, and after reading about the test itself, it kinda confirmed it). At the same time, I am sort of expecting something bad to emerge at the end of this (product of doing introspection makes me quite well aware of things, they just aren't always conscious thoughts until it is brought up to me by someone else.

ah... the way you think is very fascinating to me... do you see yourself as a pessimist btw? or just prone to nervousness?

and hmm, i guessed right on how someone was feeling, nice :)

I am not so much of a pessimest. I am not an optimist either. I am somewhere in between. I am prone to idealism, but I often smack myself out of those modes when I try to think things through. I am very prone to anexity though as I tend to think far too much.

that's what i was thinking... is it kind of like a vicious cycle for you? something gives you a weird vibe, so you stress about it some, then you think about it, why it's stressing you out, etc., which stresses you out more? or am i off by alot?

I was disturbed by the fact that my counselor had no idea what the MBTI was at all, or who Jung was when I studied him in high school.. Granted it was a college level course.. but still... COME ON! :) Anyway, I see a counselor and shrink, but it's all been pretty surface stuff, or at least what I consider surface stuff so far... I woudn't mind getting to talk to someone with a little more insight but just getting to unload a bit is nice.............

Interesting, I have always been subjected to a variety of psychological tests since I was small, they were very similar to yours in regards that this seemed like simpler IQ tests. When I was small the teachers did express to my parents they thought I had autism so I guess that is part of the reason, other than that I really saw no harm in taking part of this tests. They would make me do simple things such as drawing circles or seeing my handwriting to more complicated things such as the tasks you mentioned. I will probably be re-evaluated in the near future as apparently I display some behaviors, but I am confident this tests will turn out fine and I am pretty certain yours will too, it is indeed very nice of you to be willing to share..:)

New tool for Inkblots & Visual Art!

The Glow-board can easily be used by anyone to create inkblot-style visuals. This is done by placing the Glow-board next to a mirror, and it's as easy as the flick of your wrist after that.

A laser pointer is used to draw on the Glow-board, it's very cool stuff!

Here's a photo of a Glow-board being drawn on was a laser pointer next to a mirror:

Glow-boardmirror-Abstract1_450x378.jpg

Peace!

Last edited by a moderator: