The price of life | INFJ Forum

The price of life

Soulful

life is good
Nov 18, 2008
MBTI
"Service is the rent you pay for life."

Agree/disagree? Thoughts?

What does "service" mean (in the sense of "service to the world/humanity/others")? Do we owe the world anything? Most people believe that they didn't ask to be born/be here, but we're here now nonetheless - how does that factor in?

Do you consider service to mean going out into the world and trying to improve it (according to your vision), or can someone equally be of service if they are a positive person living life to the best of their ability, doing what truly makes them happy and what they're good at, even if it seems unrelated to easing the suffering and conflict in the world?

Do we owe the world anything? Do we owe our local or national communities anything? How about the global community and humanity at large? What do we owe those persons and beings less privileged than us, if anything?

Do you feel responsible for what happens in the global world given its/our increasing interdependence?

Thoughts?

Last edited:
i don't think we owe the world anything - but likewise the world does not owe US anything, so it's probably true that to some extent we reap what we sow. much of what we have is because of the generosity, hard work and ingenuity of others (past and present generations), so I guess in a way to show your appreciation of their efforts it's good to give back. that doesn't make it an obligation though, merely a compassionate thing to do.

Living is the price to pay for having life.

How one goes about 'paying' is a matter of choice and circumstance.

I ask if everything has to have a price?

Sounds like something a person of means told his slaves.

I dont think we should go around improving everything. Improvements just lead to more and more improvements until we are so swamped with things to do that nothing gets done. Example: computers allow work to get done faster so then a heavier workload is then put on the worker to produce produce produce!

good question!!!!!!!!!!

No!!!!!!

we are a part of life so how can we owe it something. Does my little toe owes me something because I provide it with food and air? It just do what it is her to do and that is what we all do, we play ower part. This sentence is something someone would say to make us feel guilty and to emotionaly force us to be of service. I say it is a very fucked up disconnected person who says something like this. It guides us away from our natural knowing and harmony with life. Instead we should go back and connect to life and life in harmony with it. Then and only then we can do what we are suppost to do.

Do you consider service to mean going out into the world and trying to improve it (according to your vision), or can someone equally be of service if they are a positive person living life to the best of their ability, doing what truly makes them happy and what they're good at, even if it seems unrelated to easing the suffering and conflict in the world?

good question to and one I have been thinking about a lot and have been discussing with Tovlo some weeks ago.

I say the latter. If you do what truly makes you happy, you improve the quality of your life and that will have a huge effect on improving the world as a whole too. Everything that is forced, seems wrong in my opinion, even if you force yourself to do "good".

In fact we don't know what can improve the world or not. You can say that greenpeace does a good job to save the world but they cause a lot of distress and misery too. What are the small scale effects of an action, what are the large scale effects. What if you do something good with the wrong intention, what effect will that have? I think all our actions have a certain effect on life, not only in a material way but also in an energetic way. I think if more people act with the right intention and find happiness in what they are doing, that that improves the energy around them and will stimulate other people to do the same and in that way can improve the whole world. Like one positive person can alter the admosphere of a whole group of people.

that are just my thoughts...

Well my biological dad allowed my current Dad to adopt me for the sake of

If you don't want to be here either go home or figure out why you are here to begin with. I don't expect anyone to pay unless you mess up my corner of the playground, then you are going to clean it up.

I have a duty to myself, then my family, my friends, my state, my country, and then the world. In that order. My ability to pay them all back is dependent on what I am capable of and what needs doing at the time. In the greater scheme of things I've helped a number of souls since I arrived in this body, I'll keep doing so until I pass on.

Is service the rent we pay for life? No, I can

Agree/disagree? Thoughts?

What does "service" mean (in the sense of "service to the world/humanity/others")? Do we owe the world anything? Most people believe that they didn't ask to be born/be here, but we're here now nonetheless - how does that factor in?

Do we owe the world anything? Do we owe our local or national communities anything? How about the global community and humanity at large? What do we owe those persons and beings less privileged than us, if anything?

Do you feel responsible for what happens in the global world given its/our increasing interdependence?

Thoughts?

Service the rent of life, itself says about lot of things. If you have this in your mind then according to me, you're responsible, co-creator of your world and positive living life personality. We create society and build the good atmosphere human friendly.

I can't say the price of life, words are never enough for it. there are other things, too. Such as duty and family relationships. this should be included in this subject and endless points we can find.