the motivation to awaken and evolve? | INFJ Forum

the motivation to awaken and evolve?

eii

Jun 5, 2010
MBTI
INTJ
My questions have to with certain spiritual and existential concepts/ideas, so I'm not sure if they will make any sense to you at all.

What is the motivation for spiritual awakening? if I (or we) consciously work towards awakening, will this benefit the whole?

It seems that all suffering is a result of separation, but without the separation (and suffering in this 3rd density dream world) there would be no creation of forms. Without the creation of forms on the 3rd dimension there would be no anchors for our higher dimensional existence. If all separations are transcended and all sufferings are eliminated, there would be no creations and no forms. Then, bang! the manifested universe disappears, the big bang starts again and separation starts again so that God can carry on experience itself. What goes up must come back down, all seems pretty meaningless, even if I work towards enlightenment to benefit humanity, it seems this will add up to nothing for the whole in the ultimate sense as everything will have to start all over somehow. So why should I bother to become awakened if nothing really matters in the end?

I've started to recognize the higher truth of oneness and see every being as the manifestation of the one source. At times I'd feel such compassion, I really want to have the motivation to alleviate my own sufferings and that of the humanity, but these questions still seem like a block to me.

if you feel that you understand please do share your thoughts! Thanks!

Self fulfilling prophecy ftw!

Is it really just a reset button, or is there a grand/meta-progression to it all?

handdeskfloor?

Is seeking "enlightenment" making you a happier person? Is that happiness helping the people around you to be happier? If the answer's "Yes", then isn't that reason enough? Perhaps it would help to take a page out of the Zen play-book and concentrate less on the "then" and more on the "now".

Seeking answers to questions that MAY not ever have an answer is not only one of lifes more fullfilling undertakings, it is also what defines us and separates us from the other life on earth.

Be human

Enjoy it.

*shrug*

My answer would be that some people strive to attain the enlightenment for its own sake, i.e. to attain for themselves the highest state of development. Maybe it's just to see what happens; maybe it's because they've got nothing better to do. I think self-realization, like anything, has to be in line with your personal goals.

Being who I am, I quickly stopped on the path of conscious evolution, analyzed the situation, and decided I'd rather take the path of conscious creation.

Why try for Spiritual Awakening?

My questions have to with certain spiritual and existential concepts/ideas, so I'm not sure if they will make any sense to you at all.

What is the motivation for spiritual awakening? if I (or we) consciously work towards awakening, will this benefit the whole?

even if I work towards enlightenment to benefit humanity, it seems this will add up to nothing for the whole in the ultimate sense as everything will have to start all over somehow. So why should I bother to become awakened if nothing really matters in the end?

I've started to recognize the higher truth of oneness and see every being as the manifestation of the one source. At times I'd feel such compassion, I really want to have the motivation to alleviate my own sufferings and that of the humanity, but these questions still seem like a block to me.

if you feel that you understand please do share your thoughts! Thanks!

I'm rather new (for my age) at walking the path of practice towards enlightenment as I started about 4 years ago. Many months ago I found myself resisting the practice, resisting the teachings, and resisting - well - everything about the introspection and mindfulness attention upon myself and my motivations.

I finally talked to my mentor about this. I told him I was making myself depressed and unhappy with all of it. He told me this was a normal byproduct of waking up. He told me my Ego was resisting my practice because it wanted total control of me. My objective for practice of enlightenment is learn to dance with my Ego in such a way that we both can enjoy life without my past getting in the way of my now. Does that ring a bell with you?

He told me I was judging myself (Ego) too harshly and it was causing a divide within me. To practice is to embrace self - totally without holding on to judgment of self.

Perhaps this a trap your Ego has set for you - to keep you stuck.

Since then - I've been able to move forward and tackle the deeper issues within me. And my Ego and I have been able to dance more in rhythm together now.

I understand your frustration with the whole Wheel of Samsara, Karma, Reincarnation concepts. I wrestled with it for a while. Then left it alone. For me - it's not important to know if that's true or not.

For me - I can see the direct results of my practice - right here - right now - in front of me. My world, my life, keeps getting better and better - that is to say I find it easier to move through most(maybe 51% LOL) of the suffering I encounter in my life. I do know that I see more and more Joy greeting me in my days.

For me - that is reason enough to try for Spiritual Awakening.

Whichever path you choose, I wish for you restful stops of peace along the way.
Namaste

I understand your frustration with the whole Wheel of Samsara, Karma, Reincarnation concepts. I wrestled with it for a while. Then left it alone. For me - it's not important to know if that's true or not.

For me - I can see the direct results of my practice - right here - right now - in front of me. My world, my life, keeps getting better and better - that is to say I find it easier to move through most(maybe 51% LOL) of the suffering I encounter in my life. I do know that I see more and more Joy greeting me in my days.

For me - that is reason enough to try for Spiritual Awakening.

Hi K-gal, Thanks for the encouraging words!

I started the same discussion on another forum and had an fascinating discussion there, if you're interested check it out http://www.openhandweb.org/motivation_spiritual_awakening

with love,

Lei

I really liked your link.

This statement struck pay dirt with me:

If we focus on being, then authentic being arises and we find we naturally shine the light for others. But not for them to follow our light. It becomes more a mirror to encourage them to follow their own light. That's why Lao Tzu said...
  • "A leader is best when people barely know he exists,when his work is done, his aim fulfilled,
    they will say: we did it ourselves."

Lao Tzu

We do that for ourselves too everytime we sit and allow our experience to unfold without attachment - don't we?

Thank you for sharing this. Reading your link has helped me this morning process some pain.

Namaste