the most unusual idea that ever crossed your mind? | INFJ Forum

the most unusual idea that ever crossed your mind?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy

Last edited:
communication
to speak only in haiku
the idea grows

I have thought about what happens when mute people get turrets syndrome. When Mormons get it, I imagine there is an awful lot of shoot, gosh, darns, and dangits being thrown around. Fudge bombs getting dropped, no doubt.

I wondered what it was like for the first caveman to discover psilocybin mushrooms and was hungry enough to eat it right out of the cow patty. Then I wonder what it was like the for the second caveman who walked up to find the first caveman rolling around in cow dung looking up at the sky while laughing hysterically and then thought to himself, "Maybe I should try this, too."

Reactions: Kgal
A mixture of existential theories that combined quantum physics, the theory of relativity, space/time travel and many other of my own theories. Quite interesting really and I kept at it for some time. It had way too much detail to say in one post though. More of a theory than an idea I suppose. Just intellectual musings.

Link up two realities recursively and in one of them hit a supermarket with a shrink ray, box it up, and sell it in the supermarket in the other reality so that what happens to the one supermarket happens to the shrink-rayed one so that when somebody buys the boxed supermarket in the big reality they are also in the shrink-rayed supermarket buying an even tinier version of itself and in that tiny supermarket is another one of them blahblah infinity.

Reactions: rawr
Also on a MUSH that would let you code objects, I made a purse for my character, which contained her apartment which was enterable by teleportation. So she could go in her apartment inside the purse while carrying the purse itself so she's inside it and outside it and inside it at the same time.

Edit:
It also just had a regular front door too, which was linked to an apartment building. But since nothing actually exists in a MUSH, it's just links to code, recursion is entirely possible. So you can have things be in 'many places at once' without even making 'copies' of it. Just link up all the movement and sensing code.

Last edited:
Prove light can travel faster with propellants

Walk to Israel from the Mediterranean

Die loved

Our entire universe may be a tiny short-lived sub-atomic-like particle within an atom-like structure within the body of some inane plant-like life-form growing in some neglected swamp.

(I remember seeing a reference to this in some sci-fi comedy and and feeling plagiarized).

I have thought I was the last "unpoisoned" human being on earth, I have thought I was Salvation. Of course, I was ill. ~

yeah, however you wish :)

Haha, okay. Hope this won't get me in trouble then...This popped into my head because there was another school shooting and only got a few people dead. I thought how poor of a job they did. I mean, if I attempt anything of my own accord in life, I'm going to do a good job of it. That wasn't a good job. For their objective, anyway. C'mon. So it was actually a series of thoughts of how to do it most successfully, and naturally, get away with it. It's not 100% perfect, sadly but then, I'd be tempted to share my perfect plan...

For me it's extremely difficult to describe my most unusual ideas in a way it would be understandable to others. Mostly these ideas are based on such extreme changes in consciousness/reality that a whole book should be written about each to lighten up the subject enough to make it at least remotely understandable. I also tend to forget them or discard them as useless.

I'm not sure I could really figure out any sort of particularly weird thought due to lack of memory of any particular thoughts but I do remember something in particular that was weird in retrospect.
When I was younger, my introduction to other languages came along with my looming familiarity of the alphabet and learning to spell/read things. I started to think.... well, they must be quite similar to ours! I bet they spell our words exactly the same but they just have a different alphabet and so it's said differently due to that..... that's so weird. It's completely illogical in retrospect and kind of funny as well. Taking Spanish right now, I don't think there are hardly any words spelled the exact same as the English words themselves.
That's probably the first bit of evidence that I can remember that is proper evidence of me being an introvert before I started having to grow up.... lots of funny memories like that just pop into my head at the funniest times....

*ignore this post... I just want to get the whole "69 posts thing" out of the way*

i cannot articulate my most unusual ideas in language. i understand them and can think about them but i can't explain them outside of my mind.
has anyone else had this happen?

All i can say is, they're are many blasphemes unholy ideas that pop up in my mind...too emberassed to say any....okay i ll give an example; i got into exploring emotions and just being generally consciously observent of my emotions, directly and authentically, then i got kinda obsessed i just wanted to know how it feels like to do certain things, like, i ve wondered how it feels like to sacrifise a baby..and actually doing it as a desire...sick isnt it....bare in mind i would another affiliate myself with such filth but there it was in my mind for daze.

My entire existence consists of the most random streams of consciousness. I wouldn't be able to tell you what the most unusual thought that crossed my mind has been. I don't imagine it's any different or more unusual than the unusual thoughts that cross the minds of others. What's usual to me may be unusual for others. For example, typical 'random' thought process of mine:

• I wonder what it smells like on Jupiter.
  • If everything is predetermined and all things that will happen in the future have already happened, then technically my future self is both alive and dead as of this moment.
  • Everything in life is a matter of realized and unrealized potential dependent on the efficient marshaling of the right resources. I could build a rocketship and not even know it.
  • I wonder what Beyonce is doing right now.
  • That person would probably be eaten by some jungle cat if this was 5,000 years ago.
  • I wish they could download programs into your brain the way an iphone downloads apps.
  • I bet it would be frustrating working in the artificial flavours department of a chemical company. You'd smell food, but there's nothing there.
  • Etc.

The more unusual thoughts would probably be ones that relate to violence, paranoia, scattered thought or deviance that are outside of my typical thought culture. Those are the thoughts that frighten me because they're not consistent with who I think I am and therefore unusual to me.

Last edited:

I once had a vision where I was slowly sweeping my hands through the air as if I was holding a ball between them. Sort of like Tai Chi? maybe?

... Anyway....a ball of light formed there and for a few moments I was in awe.
It occurred to me that I could sweep my hands through the air and create matter as if I were able to manifest something from nothing.