• Total voters

subwayrider

Into the White
Sep 26, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
"INFJs tend to feel very lonely. But this sense of loneliness is not always because they lack human presence or relationships. They are alone in their mind."

"When I say I'm complex I don't mean brilliant or genius; I'm just complicated. My mind is like a labyrinth. I don't even always make sense to myself, which is why I constantly psychoanalyze myself to try and figure things out." -- self-proclaimed INFJ

"INFJs have deep dark batcaves, and there are roughly 100,000,000,000 walls/layers to get to the... center." -- ENFP observer

I think about these things a lot because, INFJ or not, I know exactly what's being talked about in the above. I know what it's like to have a mind littered with long hallways leading into dead ends, staircases that go straight into the ceiling, unexpected trap doors and bottomless pits beneath collapsing floors. These mechanisms, and many more not listed, all surround, and very effectively protect, my "Soul Room." I don't think more than 2 or 3 people in my life have ever even seen it; no one has ever been allowed to hang out, rummage through it, spend the night, live with me in it.

The concept of "Soul Room" comes from an episode of Yugioh I saw as a kid. Its profound symbolism is what stuck with me.

"Shadi spotted Yugi Muto and learned that he was the holder of the Millennium Puzzle. He then used the Millennium Key to enter Yugi's soul room. Shadi found two rooms, a darker one belonging to Dark Yugi. Dark Yugi appeared inside his room and invited Shadi in, if he dared. Shadi introduced himself as an unwanted guest. He came to learn the power of the Millennium Puzzle. If the power was needed he would draw it into his bloodline. Not willing to simply show Shadi the power, Dark Yugi proposed a Shadow Game: somewhere inside the soul, was Dark Yugi's true room; if Shadi could find it, then he would find what he's looking for. Shadi accepted the game, but mentioned that once he entered someone's room, he could redecorate it to control the individual or change their personality.

Dark Yugi started the game and the place turned into a maze of doors and staircases. Shadi began searching, but the doors were filled with traps. Eventually Shadi was left dangling above a bottomless pit. Dark Yugi saved him and advised him to leave. Shadi parted, thinking that he had lost the game, but Dark Yugi assured him that it was only the beginning.
Shadi spoke with Yugi after leaving his mind and saw that Yugi was completely unaware of "the other Yugi"."

Dark_Yugi%27s_soul_room.jpg

Dark Yugi's soul room is filled with a labyrinth of staircases and traps. Inside are many other rooms. Only one such room is his true soul room.

YGO-014_Shadi_falls_through_the_floor.jpg

Anyone ever gotten to see an INFJ's "Soul Room?" Do we have INFJs who have ever shown someone their "Soul Room?" I happen to think that plenty of other types can be equally secretive and have a mind like a labyrinth, but perhaps INFJs are even more, and more likely to be, this way.

Reactions: floatingbridge
I think by definition, no one can get into this so called soul room. Its not possible.

I have soul mates whom I allow into my soul room. :smile:
I have potential soul mates whom I allow into the waiting room of my soul room, or they are allowed to look through the window.
I also believe in a God who can enter, and I have invited him in for chats as well.

The labyrinth is for acquaintances, but it's not meant to confuse someone necessarily. It just happens to be a labyrinth, because it's how my mind is.

What a waste.

I remember the soul room, it was featured in the only Yu-gi-oh movie I had ever seen (never seen the TV show but I did have a deck of cards).

I'm not even sure if I really even have one, but I do know that "traps and decoys" are plentiful.

Pretty good way of putting it.

PROPS to you......bump it!

[video=youtube;TVeR0bN5j7A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVeR0bN5j7A[/video]

I think I have met one other like a twin flame, not INFJ, but you know how eyes are the window to the depth of the soul, the experience [moment] was like completely bananas in pyjamas in that he was "thinking exactly what I was thinking" and blurted out the answer to my question... it was completely tranquil cherishing, and remarkable, all, at once. ><

Reactions: knight in battle
[video=youtube_share;d5c4ykBHNew]http://youtu.be/d5c4ykBHNew[/video]

But, um...no. I guess not. Not properly.

no way in hell has anyone ever managed to get even halfway in! actually 1/3 is even a longshot. the closest was about just shy of 1/3. I'm interested to see who will eventually make it further than that

Reactions: knight in battle
"INFJs tend to feel very lonely. But this sense of loneliness is not always because they lack human presence or relationships. They are alone in their mind."

"When I say I'm complex I don't mean brilliant or genius; I'm just complicated.

Genius by definition is the ability to take complicated things and make them seem-less.

I have connected with others in my life.
They were tragedies just the same.

I have also known people that don't riddle the details I seem so threatened by. They some how know at a higher level what is or isn't important and move on. That I choose to mire and wallow in this endless ocean of thought (before learning of INFJness. If there is such a thing) I thought I might be clued into a world others stepped over. Now, just not sure. Sometimes I think I create my reality and the insanity that goes with it. Sometimes I think this depth I'm so gifted with is just a self inflicted wound.
Sometimes I think it just takes me a long time to get some place right around the corner.

giphy.gif

What is this place they call the "Soul Room"?

;) thought it was ok to Necro the thread since it is inline with current train of thought....

Reactions: Levi and Wyote