The Happy INFJ :What is your happy place? | INFJ Forum

The Happy INFJ :What is your happy place?

Chessie

Community Member
Apr 5, 2010
MBTI
INfJ
There are plenty of reports of INFJ's being sad or upset or having tough times. It's just the way of the world. News is only news if it's bad news.

Where do your picture yourself, as an INFJ, when you picture yourself happy?

What do you see that makes you feel genuine joy in that possible future?

What end do you see yourself coming to where you're in genuine joy when it comes?

Walking is my happy place...
Being with people I love.
Me writing books and publishing them.
Mountins...Meditteran - sun, olives, white stones near the sea...

We all are sometimes happy sometimes not...Something like alltime happy person does not exist...

There is joy in noticing natural beauty in this world,
sharing tender moments with those you love,
when I've read or written something inspiring...

The problem is that happiness seems to be so fleeting,
and daily existence tends to draw our attention away from it.
Genuine joy is rare, and that is why it is so precious.

I know I do better when I'm able to be present in a moment,
but that is a rare occurrence when other things dominate my attention.

I may add more after I contemplate this a bit.

Good question, [MENTION=2575]Chessie[/MENTION].

Happiness is...

Self-actualization... both for others close to me and myself. Seeing someone reach their full potential is wonderful.

When I can be myself, quirks and all.

Being with family and loved ones.

Puppy kisses.

Gazing in wonder over nature and the universe, just how vast and interconnected we really are, and how beautiful the natural systems and laws of physics can be.

Playing and listening to music, composing.

Learning something new and having the definitive "A-ha!" moment.

Happiness may be fleeting, but the fact it is fleeting is what makes it incredibly special, why it is human nature to be on the pursuit of happiness.

Happiness is...

Self-actualization... both for others close to me and myself. Seeing someone reach their full potential is wonderful.

Puppy kisses.

Gazing in wonder over nature and the universe, just how vast and interconnected we really are, and how beautiful the natural systems and laws of physics can be.

Happiness may be fleeting, but the fact it is fleeting is what makes it incredibly special, why it is human nature to be on the pursuit of happiness.

Puppy Kisses are awesome.

Happiness is...

Puppy kisses.

This is ALL great! :nod:

I can totally relate to puppy kisses, gazing at nature, music, and especially seeing one reach their potential.
I would add I get really happy when I can help someone find their joy!

Those are the special times.

The regular times are just being able to love people. Share their life with them. Spark their imagination. I really like it when that happens.

Riding on the back of his motorcycle, while wearing his helmet, smelling the lilacs & taking in the beautiful spring day, then spending hours outside just talking. I remember that day, it was April 14th. I have never smiled so much, for so long. The memory of that day, and the longing for another, has gotten me through many a bad day. :) Thank you beautiful INTJ.

Awesome thread Chessie. Way to promote some positivity in the forum.

I see myself with a wife, a home, and kids. Just being part of a unit. Having a beautiful wife that I can have a mental connection with. I want my wife to teach my daughter how to be a female, and I want to teach my boys how to be strong young men. I want to be close to my brother and sister. Especially my brother, I want to be successful with him, possibly start some business ventures together. I want a happy home, that's all.

I see myself in a place, reaching out to people, perhaps as a teacher or counselor or doctor.
Watching people learn, grow, and search and find themselves,

I also see myself stretched out on a secluded beach, the weather is warm, but not hot, sunny and a tad overcast, and my thoughts can run free.

Definitely having an Aha moment

Inside the pages of a classic novel

A kitten sitting in my lap, gazing up at me and purring

Beautiful music

Holding hands in the rain, with a lover or friend, not needing to say anything at all

I'd be more outgoing :) I'd be comfortable eating out, going to the coffee shops and even watching movies alone.

If I'm high (not on drugs) , I'm almost always with friends :) :m200:

oh yeah.. if I'm happy, I spread some love to everyone :) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: invisible
Place for happiness? Don't be ridiculous. I just need to see ENTP face showing subconsciously "I'm awesome!" and showing interest towards me... this is an endorphin bomb...

All it takes is faith and trust
But the thing that's a positive must
Is a little bit of pixie dust
The dust is a positive must
You can fly! You can fly!
You can fly! You can fly!

Happy place...? Invention and Exploration. On a more physical plane, though, I'm very fond of Schoodic Point in Acadia National Park... there's only basaltic veins stabbing out into the ocean there. Also saw dolphins once there. Typically, though, any mostly-natural or all-natural place with a great view.