Sep 29, 2011
CA
MBTI
ISTP
Enneagram
Little prompt I stole from Twitter.

Here's mine:
6309032.jpg

Intensely obsessing over a particular interest or fascinating thing and chasing it to the ends of the earth until the fascination is exhausted? Well, yes.

Oh and beard obvs. I'll work on the hat.

Screenshot_20220126-215125~2.jpg
A panda who delights in all the colors of the rainbow, painting his friends and the world around him. Mixing colors here and there. After making a huge mess of himself he washes clean and watches all the pretty colors disappear down the drain.

He drifts off to sleep knowing he can try again tomorrow.

"The Hobbit"
Our sixth grade teacher read the entire book to us, with a different voice and accent for each person or creature. We all looked forward to it every day. Mrs. Henkle delighted the entire class with her creativity.
Guess I'm from the Shire, per the OP, and like adventures.

There were so many I really liked...but the first I really loved?

39nblA8.jpg

Cheers,
Ian

This would probably be my son's too. I remember having to read this specific book every night.

Now he's into books about cars and a series called Fly Guy lol.

As for myself, I remember it was the Ramona Quimby books that got me into reading as a kid. I think it was Ramona The Pest I most connected with lol. So I guess I'm Ramona Quimby.

41aAR1ThqiL.jpg

51mSkXdY0ZL.jpg

ALSO!!! Another book I loved growing up (but then lost track of as an adult and couldn't remember the title/find forever) was Hope For The Flowers. I was so excited to finally remember/find it to read to my son.

Last edited:
I have no idea. I started reading very young and I don't remember that time. I was 4. Though, I think it was a series of books that my dad would read to me and I would read along, and he says before I went to school I could read all the words by myself. Including other books, but I have no clue if this is true. He tended to brag a lot, it made him look better lol. I remember vaguely a book called Danny and the Dinosaur and then of course, Bambi. <3

But then my dad would go hunting and I would cry and tell him not to shoot Bambi lol.

Uncertainty about my first book means I am uncertain who I am. :/ Sounds legit.

But it's probably between those two books, lol.

Wait... the first book I really loved... not read... Oooooooh. Well that was definitely a book called Socks by Beverly Cleary or a tie between Call of the Wild and White Fang but I can't remember which was first lol. I'm almost positive it was Socks.

Sooo.... a cat that travels between owners? :p

Are we counting those science for kids type books? I liked reading those.

I also really loved the version of the Epic of Gilgamesh I first read when I was a kid, though mostly for the ending.

First book book I really loved...I think A Wrinkle in Time?

In like 4th grade I fell in love with Xanth novels by Piers Anthony <3 Its sad how much of my childhood I can't remember lol.

@Krypton I've always wanted to read A Wrinkle In Time but I've never gotten around to it lol

I have a lot of books that I wanna read but just didn't or haven't lol

It definitely wasn't even close to my first book, but as a kid, "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" had a huge impact on me.

It definitely wasn't even close to my first book, but as a kid, "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" had a huge impact on me.

I spent a few minutes considering whether my choice would be this, instead of what I chose.

Sometimes when my sweetie is going to bed, I say “sleep deep, Reepicheep!”

Cheers,
Ian

First? My mom had me signed up for one of those reading programs where they shipped a new book to me every week.
I had so many books I created a library for my friends in the neighborhood to borrow from.

Okay, looking at this as which book did I always wanted to read and I wanted others to love it just as much as I did.

I'm going to go with Cordury, the little bear who lost his button and went on and adventure in a closed down department store to find it.
4BpFkU57D7Txh08vYoR-tvBskYk8-dklc0vsGrNv-7xoNHZ17_hW1Q2NiyK_b3kn6XY=w200-h300

So I'm a little plush bear who's not quite complete. Hmm. Yup, seems about right.
My brother only read comic strip books. LOL. He'd be a Peanut.

I spent a few minutes considering whether my choice would be this, instead of what I chose.

Sometimes when my sweetie is going to bed, I say “sleep deep, Reepicheep!”

Cheers,
Ian

That's lovely. So cute.
I admire your choice, too. It also had a big impact, but I read C.S. Lewis' series first. Ahhh, adventures!