The Eurovision Song Contest | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

The Eurovision Song Contest

And now we wait for the results :blush:

Too bad that Italy's song was not in English. With such a powerful message, shouldn't you want to reach as many people as possible?

Reactions: James and Fidicen
Is it a sign of getting old that I'm a bit bothered by the cleavage of one of the presenters? And not in a good way. The Cypriot squirming also made me think "Come on, put on some clothes, I don't want to see that much".

They still have the juries with 50/50 votes. The juries have already voted after the rehearsals.
Getting so tired that suddenly a Bowie song started playing in my head "Hallo spaceboy, you're sleepy now..."

"Keep calm and look ridiculous on TV" :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: James
I only know Caetano Veloso from the albums he made in the early 70s. He looked like a hippie back then.
Good performances by Salvador Sobral. I'm happy they're using local talents again for intermission numbers. I recall Justin Timberlake's performance being a disaster, and it made me wonder how many American artists are globally famous because of marketing since many of the unknown performers that night sounded better. But maybe it wasn't his best night, I don't know.

Reactions: James
I'm surprised by how popular Sweden was. Ooh, the UK just got its first points. There are many countries receiving 12 points so it's difficult to know how it's going to end.

"Everyone in Iceland is a Eurovision fan". Yes, all 100 people living there. ;)

Reactions: Fidicen and James
Looking at the top 5 I guess I'll have to support Germany. I can't even remember Austria's song and the rest I didn't particularly like.

They should get rid of the juries or change the system. It's making the neighbour voting worse, although this year the situation isn't that bad. I think last year or the year before that the Armenian and Azerbaijanian juries put each other unanimously in the last place, which seemed like a strange coincidence. Those two countries have some kind of border disputes.

It's sad though that the audience is booing when neighbours give each other points. And to Russia.

What, Sweden getting so few points from the televoters? That's a surprise.

Reactions: Fidicen and James