The Dope on the Pope

Stu

Town Drunkard
Donor
Oct 30, 2009
MBTI
Enneagram
David Icke Says
Nazi Youth member Joseph Ratzinger was appointed in 1981 to head the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF), formerly the Supreme Sacred Congregation of the Roman and Universal Inquisition - the mass murdering and torturing 'Holy Inquisition' - by the wrongly rose-painted Pope John Paul II.
The same Pope decreed in 2001 that all child abuse cases worldwide involving the Catholic clergy should be dealt with directly by Ratzinger at the CDF with the role, carried out with vigour, of stopping the Church-destroying truth coming to public attention and, in doing so, denying justice to abused children and allowing paedophile priests and bishops to stay in their jobs and continue their abuse of other children.
Ratzinger has resigned because of ill health? His mate John Paul II continued in his last four years despite suffering from Parkinson's disease, severe arthritis and having difficulty speaking and hearing. Popes don't resign and this is why it hasn't happened for 600 years. This is really about the truth coming out and there is a tidal wave of that still to do so - especially in Ratzinger's case.
I have said it for two decades and I will go on saying it - paedophilia and Satanism are the cement that hold the global Establishment together and the Roman Church is founded upon both going back to its theological 'inspiration' in Babylon and beyond.
on his blog

It does seem strange that the main dogma enforcer of the church under the last Pope (the guy who defanged the Liberation Theologists) should be the first Pope in 600 years to not die as Pope.

It's in his 'headlines' section along with this photo of the vatican being struck by lightening hours after the announcement of his resignation was made:

world-20stunned-20with-20pope-20benedict-20resignation-20130212121639537563-600x400.jpg

Whilst we're on the subject lets push this thing out further:

Here's some more from Ike's site: http://life.nationalpost.com/2013/0...lta-celebrates-anniversary-with-vatican-mass/

This one shows the links between the vatican and the Order of the Knights of malta as i state in the quote of mine you are using in your signature stu:

The closer to them you move the more shadowy they become...
......The elite work through various organisations. ....The members of these groups are the wealthy families behind the big corporations such as the mainstream banks... Bilderberg Club and the Bohemian Grove Club. If you are in those clubs you are moving closer to the centre of power
Behind those exclusive clubs are secret societies such as: the freemasons, the jesuits, the knights of malta, the illuminati etc

http://life.nationalpost.com/2013/0...lta-celebrates-anniversary-with-vatican-mass/

[h=1]David Icke[/h] From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
David Icke

Icke in 2008
BornDavid Vaughan Icke
29 April 1952 (age 60)
Leicester, East Midlands, United Kingdom
ResidenceRyde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
NationalityBritish
OccupationWriter and speaker
Known forFootball, television sports, books on global politics
Political partyGreen Party (1988–91)
Website
davidicke.com
Icke's YouTube channel.
David Vaughan Icke (pronunciation: /k/; IKE, born 29 April 1952) is an English writer and public speaker, best known for his views on what he calls "who and what is really controlling the world." Describing himself as the most controversial speaker in the world, he is the author of 19 books and has attracted a global following that cuts across the political spectrum. His 533-page The Biggest Secret (1999) has been called "the Rosetta Stone for conspiracy junkies."[SUP][1][/SUP]
Icke was a BBC television sports presenter and spokesman for the Green Party, when in 1990 a psychic told him he was a healer who had been placed on Earth for a purpose, and that the spirit world was going to pass messages to him so he could educate others. In March 1991 he held a press conference to announce that he was a "Son of the Godhead" – a phrase he said later the media had misunderstood – and the following month told the BBC's Terry Wogan show that the world would soon be devastated by tidal waves and earthquakes. He said the show changed his life, turning him from a respected household name into someone who was laughed at whenever he appeared in public.[SUP][2][/SUP]
He continued nevertheless to develop his ideas, and in four books published over seven years—The Robots' Rebellion (1994), And the Truth Shall Set You Free (1995), The Biggest Secret (1999), and Children of the Matrix (2001)—set out a moral and political worldview that combined New-Age spiritualism with a passionate denunciation of totalitarian trends in the modern world. At the heart of his theories lies the idea that a secret group of reptilian humanoids called the Babylonian Brotherhood controls humanity, and that many prominent figures are reptilian, including George W. Bush, Queen Elizabeth II, Kris Kristofferson, and Boxcar Willie.[SUP][3][/SUP]
Michael Barkun has described Icke's position as "New Age conspiracism," writing that he is the most fluent of the conspiracist genre. Richard Kahn and Tyson Lewis argue that the reptilian hypothesis may simply be Swiftian satire, a way of giving ordinary people a narrative with which to question what they see around them.[SUP][4][/SUP]

Did I mention I am a big Philip K Dick fan?

[h=3]Religious experiences[/h] On February 20, 1974, while recovering from the effects of sodium pentothal administered for the extraction of an impacted wisdom tooth, Dick received a home delivery of Darvon from a young woman. When he opened the door, he was struck by the beauty of the dark-haired girl and was especially drawn to her golden necklace. He asked her about its curious fish-shaped design. "This is a sign used by the early Christians," she said, and then left. Dick called the symbol the "vesicle pisces". This name seems to have been based on his conflation of two related symbols, the Christian ichthys symbol (two intersecting arcs delineating a fish in profile) which the woman was wearing, and the vesica piscis.[SUP][citation needed][/SUP]
Dick recounted that as the sun glinted off the gold pendant, the reflection caused the generation of a "pink beam" that mesmerized him. Dick came to believe the beam imparted wisdom and clairvoyance; he also believed it to be intelligent. On one occasion, Dick was startled by the pink beam. It imparted the information to him that his infant son was ill. The Dicks rushed the child to the hospital where Dick's suspicion and his diagnosis were confirmed.[SUP][26][/SUP]
After the woman's departure, Dick began experiencing strange hallucinations. Although initially attributing them to his medication, after weeks of hallucinations he considered this explanation implausible. "I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane," Dick told Charles Platt.[SUP][27][/SUP]
Throughout February and March 1974, Dick experienced a series of hallucinations, which he referred to as "2-3-74", shorthand for February–March 1974. Aside from the "pink beam", Dick described the initial hallucinations as geometric patterns, and, occasionally, brief pictures of Jesus and ancient Rome. As the hallucinations increased in length and frequency, Dick claimed he began to live two parallel lives, one as himself, "Philip K. Dick", and one as "Thomas", a Christian persecuted by Romans in the 1st century AD. He referred to the "transcendentally rational mind" as "Zebra", "God" and "VALIS". Dick wrote about the experiences, first in the semi-autobiographical novel Radio Free Albemuth and then in VALIS, The Divine Invasion and the unfinished The Owl in Daylight (the VALIS trilogy).
At one point Dick felt that he had been taken over by the spirit of the prophet Elijah. He believed that an episode in his novel Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said was a detailed retelling of a story from the Biblical Book of Acts, which he had never read.[SUP][28][/SUP] Dick documented and discussed his experiences and faith in a private journal, later published as The Exegesis of Philip K. Dick.

It's in his 'headlines' section along with this photo of the vatican being struck by lightening hours after the announcement of his resignation was made:

world-20stunned-20with-20pope-20benedict-20resignation-20130212121639537563-600x400.jpg
this is awesome!

[SIZE=+1]Did Lightning Really Strike Vatican After Pope's Resignation?[/SIZE]
AccuWeather.Com ^ | February 12, 2013 | Jesse Ferrell
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:22:27 PM by PJ-Comix
News hit the Net yesterday afternoon that lightning had struck The Vatican twice, just hours after Pope after Pope Benedict XVI's sudden resignation. As a lightning photographer and weather photo hoax buster, I investigated to see if the photo was real.

#PHOTO: Lightning strikes St Peter's dome at #Vatican on day the #Pope announced resignation, by Filippo Monteforte twitter.com/AFP/status/301...— Agence France-Presse (@AFP) February 11, 2013
When the picture first started circulating on Facebook, Meteonetwork Puglia e Basilicata ONLUS (a division of Associazione MeteoNetwork Onlus) and commenting members of the Facebook page thought that the photo might be faked (loose internet translation here), because the strike didn't seem to reflect on the dome, because it didn't seem to make close contact with it, and because there was no reflection on the wet street below (see annotated image). Since many photos you see on Social Media are faked, or at least re-purposed, I was immediately suspicious as well.

However, when it was announced later in the day that the photographer was an Italian professional photographer Filippo Monteforte, the photo was transmitted by AFP, and BBC ran a video of the lightning strike, this quelled most of the controversy. If you look closely in the video (embedded above), you can see something I've noticed dozens of times when filming lightning -- the initial stroke of lightning is often too bright and overexposes the photo. But lightning strikes through its channel rapidly, dozens of times, and the last few strokes (what we see as "fading") provide the opportunity to get a clear shot of the bolt, with minimal reflection on nearby surfaces. For this reason, I believe the photo is plausible, and since it was taken by a professional, with potential video to back it up, I'd say that the photo is legitimate.

GET MORE OF MY UPDATES! FOLLOW ME ON...

Archived lightning strike data is not easy to come by in foreign countries, but certainly multiple Facebook users viewing the photo confirmed that a thunderstorm was present in Rome Monday afternoon, on the edge of a powerful storm system that brought snow to much of the country. A request to the Worldwide Lightning Network didn't turn up any lightning data, but they don't measure 100% of lightning. CORRECTION 5 PM: An amended request did confirm lightning in the area. Most importantly, official weather observations from CIAMPINO Ciampino, Rome, do indicate that there was a thunderstorm for approximately 3 hours in Rome yesterday:
590x247_02121856_popeobs.png

It also may just be coincidence that lightning struck. The Empire State Building in New York City is hit by lightning 100 times per year. If the Basilica is properly grounded and an attractive source for lightning strikes, it's possible that it gets hit every time a thunderstorm moves through Rome. The only thing working against that is that it doesn't appear from a Google Image Search that a similar image has ever been captured before.

[SIZE=-1]TOPICS:[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Unclassified[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]KEYWORDS:[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]lightning[/SIZE]; [SIZE=-1]popebenedict[/SIZE]; [SIZE=-1]vatic[/SIZE]

from Free Republic

this is awesome!

from Free Republic

It also may just be coincidence that lightning struck. The Empire State Building in New York City is hit by lightning 100 times per year. If the Basilica is properly grounded and an attractive source for lightning strikes, it's possible that it gets hit every time a thunderstorm moves through Rome. The only thing working against that is that it doesn't appear from a Google Image Search that a similar image has ever been captured before.

This is incredible!

I am glad to see the bastard step down! I was appalled to see him selected as Pope and back then I was convinced the world was ending because of it. Now I see it as one more event in a series of them to come as the world begins it's swing back to compassion and truth. The old groups and their foundations are crumbling....

WooHoo! "Ding dong the Pope is gone....the Pope is gone...the Pope is gone. Ding dong the Pope is really goooooone....!!!!!"

Some more interesting things to look into for those interested in the vatican:

The black nobility: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Nobility

Propaganda Due Lodge scandal: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P2_lodge

Propaganda Due (Italian pronunciation: [propaˈɡanda ˈduːe]), or P2, was a Masonic lodge operating under the jurisdiction of the Grand Orient of Italy from 1945 to 1976 (when its charter was withdrawn), and a pseudo-Masonic, "black", or "covert" lodge operating illegally (in contravention of Article 18 of the Constitution of Italy banning secret associations) from 1976 to 1981. During the years that the lodge was headed by Licio Gelli, P2 was implicated in numerous Italian crimes and mysteries, including the collapse of the Vatican-affiliated Banco Ambrosiano, the murders of journalist Mino Pecorelli and banker Roberto Calvi, and corruption cases within the nationwide bribe scandal Tangentopoli. P2 came to light through the investigations into the collapse of Michele Sindona's financial empire.[SUP][1][/SUP]
P2 was sometimes referred to as a "state within a state"[SUP][2][/SUP] or a "shadow government".[SUP][3][/SUP] The lodge had among its members prominent journalists, members of parliament, industrialists, and military leaders—including Silvio Berlusconi, who later became Prime Minister of Italy; the Savoy pretender to the Italian throne Victor Emmanuel; and the heads of all three Italian intelligence services (at the time SISDE, SISMI and CESIS).
When searching Licio Gelli's villa, the police found a document called the "Plan for Democratic Rebirth", which called for a consolidation of the media, suppression of trade unions, and the rewriting of the Italian Constitution.[SUP][4][/SUP]
Outside Italy, P2 was also active in Uruguay, Brazil and in Argentina, with Raúl Alberto Lastiri, Argentina's interim president (between July 13, 1973 to October 12, 1973) during the height of the "Dirty War" among its members. Emilio Massera, who was part of the military junta led by Jorge Rafael Videla from 1976 to 1978, José López Rega, minister of Social Welfare in Perón's government and founder of the Argentine Anticommunist Alliance ("Triple A"), and General Guillermo Suárez Mason were also members...................................

This well known scandal of course involves the freemasons and the vatican which i have said in that quote of mine you are using in your signature Stu

Strategy of Tension: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategy_of_tension

The strategy of tension was a conspiracy between rightwing elements in Italy, Greece and other places and the CIA whereby they created 'stay behind' underground armies in Europe which were given the task of carrying out terrorist attacks to scare the public so that the public would agree to new laws that would take the liberties of the public away. The CIA called this 'Operation Gladio' (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gladio)

This should all be sounding very familiar at the moment with all the so called 'terror' attacks as well as the new draconian legislation like the Patriot Act and the NDAA and of course the attempt to disarm the US public

Here's a bit from that wiki page:

The strategy of tension (Italian: strategia della tensione) is a tactic that aims to divide, manipulate, and control public opinion using fear, propaganda, disinformation, psychological warfare, agents provocateurs, and false flag terrorist actions.[SUP][1][/SUP]
The theory began with allegations that the United States government and the Greek military junta of 1967–1974 supported far-right terrorist groups in Italy and Turkey, where communism was growing in popularity, to spread panic among the population who would in turn demand stronger and more dictatorial governments

Operation Gladio: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gladio

Operation Gladio (Italian: Operazione Gladio) is the codename for a clandestine NATO "stay-behind" operation in Europe during the Cold War. Its purpose was to continue anti-communist actions in the event of a Soviet invasion and conquest. Although Gladio specifically refers to the Italian branch of the NATO stay-behind organizations, "Operation Gladio" is used as an informal name for all stay-behind organizations, sometimes called "Super NATO". The name Gladio is the Italian form of gladius, a type of Roman shortsword.[SUP][1][/SUP]
Operating in many NATO and even some neutral countries,[SUP][2][/SUP] Gladio was part of a series of national operations first coordinated by the Clandestine Committee of the Western Union (CCWU), founded in 1948. After the creation of NATO in 1949, the CCWU was integrated into the Clandestine Planning Committee (CPC), founded in 1951 and overseen by SHAPE (Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers, Europe), transferred to Belgium after France’s official withdrawal from NATO's Military Committee in 1966 – which was not followed by the dissolution of the French stay-behind paramilitary movements.

Operation Northwood: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwood

Operation Northwoods was a series of false flag proposals that originated within the United States government in 1962, but were rejected by the Kennedy administration.[SUP][2][/SUP] The proposals called for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or other operatives, to commit perceived acts of terrorism in U.S. cities and elsewhere. These acts of terrorism were to be blamed on Cuba in order to create public support for a war against that nation, which had recently become communist under Fidel Castro.[SUP][3][/SUP] One part of Operation Northwoods was to "develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington".
Operation Northwoods proposals included hijackings and bombings followed by the introduction of phony evidence that would implicate the Cuban government. It stated:
The desired resultant from the execution of this plan would be to place the United States in the apparent position of suffering defensible grievances from a rash and irresponsible government of Cuba and to develop an international image of a Cuban threat to peace in the Western Hemisphere.
Several other proposals were included within Operation Northwoods, including real or simulated actions against various U.S. military and civilian targets. The plan was drafted by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, signed by Chairman Lyman Lemnitzer and sent to the Secretary of Defense. Although part of the U.S. government's Cuban Project anti-communist initiative, Operation Northwoods was never officially accepted; it was authorized by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, but then rejected by President John F. Kennedy.

Did I mention I am a big Philip K Dick fan?

I think Philip K Dick had contacts within the corridors of power

Ike put himself forward as a spokesman who was clearly not afraid to talk about things that might seem pretty far out there and as a result he will be used as a conduit by people who want to get information out into the public sphere

Ike sits in the centre of a web of information like many other spokespeople

An example is wikileaks which publishes info from many different sources whether they are joe bloggs on the street or an intelligence service

The plot thickens:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...vatican-italian-newspaper-claims-8507223.html

[h=1]Resignation of Pope was 'linked to gay network' in the Vatican, Italian newspaper claims[/h]

[h=3]The newspaper claims the pope made the decision to resign on or around the 17th December, which was the day he is alleged to have received the 'Vatileaks' dossier from the three cardinals
[/h] Rob Williams Friday 22 February 2013

Pope Benedict XVI’s decision to resign was influenced by a gay 'network' inside the Vatican, some of whom were being blackmailed by outsiders, it has been claimed in an explosive report carried by Italian daily newspaper La Repubblica.
The paper claims the alleged network was described in a report presented by to the pope by cardinals assigned to investigate the 2012 so-called 'Vatileaks' scandal. A spokesman for the Pope has refused to confirm or deny the details of the report.
The newspaper claims the pope made the decision to resign on or around the 17th December, which was the day he is alleged to have received the 'Vatileaks' dossier from the three cardinals.
The dossier, which was commissioned by Benedict himself, was compiled by the cardinals after the 'Vatileaks' affair, when the Pope's butler, Paolo Gabriele, was arrested and charged with stealing and leaking papal correspondence that depicted the Vatican as a hotbed of intrigue and infighting.
The dossier was compiled by a three man commission, a Spanish cardinal, Julián Herranz; Cardinal Salvatore De Giorgi, a former archbishop of Palermo; and the Slovak cardinal Jozef Tomko.
La Repubblica claims that the cardinals described a number of 'factions' in their report, including one in which individuals were "united by sexual orientation".
The newspaper also alleges the dossier states that members of this group were blackmailed by laymen with whom they entertain relationships of a "worldly nature". Quoting an unnamed source the paper says "Everything revolves around the non-observance of the sixth and seventh commandments."
The seventh commandment forbids theft, while the sixth forbids adultery - but it is also linked in Catholic doctrine to the proscribing of homosexual acts.
The newspaper claims the dossier identifies a series of meeting places in and around Rome.
Father Federico Lombardi, the Vatican spokesman, said: "Neither the cardinals' commission nor I will make comments to confirm or deny the things that are said about this matter. Let each one assume his or her own responsibilities. We shall not be following up on the observations that are made about this."
The pope has said he will stand, becoming the first pope to do so since Celestine V more than seven centuries ago.

What connections does Ike make between Ratzinger and chemtrails? Or the Vatican's HAARP equipment?

I was sort of expecting there to be some sort of scandal. Actually, when I heard about it the first thing I said to whoever I was with was 'I wonder what they have on him?'.

Seriously-- 600 years without a resignation and never just because 'I'm too old', and suddenly this creepy looking ex-Nazi just decides to step down with THAT as his excuse?

At the same time, it's nice to see that the Church is so accepting of people from all walks of life, even if they don't like to admit it publicly.

What connections does Ike make between Ratzinger and chemtrails? Or the Vatican's HAARP equipment?

I can't speak for Ike

I think the general idea linking chemtrails and HAARP are that the substances emitted in the chemtrails from the planes is used to affect the ionosphere. HAARP also is used to affect the ionosphere, for example by heating it. Perhaps the two used together create the effect desired by the people behind these projects

I'm speculating there so lets look at some stuff we do know to be true:

Oerpation LAC was carried out in secret in the 1950's by the US Army chemical corp and involved spraying tons of zinc cadmium sulphide into the skies across the US without the knowledge of the citizenry; a critic has since accused the military as using the US as a giant laboratory for experiments: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_LAC

Operation Dew 1 & Dew 2 were carried out in secret by the military to experiment with aerosol released biological agents and involved releasing zinc cadmium sulphide from aircraft into the air and from boats into the water

Operation Mayday involved the dumping by aircraft of yellow fever infected mosquitos over urban areas in the US. Operation Big Itch involved the dropping of fleas and there was also Operation Big Buzz and Operation Dropkick. These are just the ones that have seen the light of day

So clearly the US military doesn't mind experimenting in harmful ways on its own citizens without their knowledge or approval

Mosquitos are essentially hypodermic syringes on wings so it's slightly concerning how Monsanto shares owner and vaccine obsessive, Bill Gates, is interested in genetically modifying mosquitos....to do what one might ask?

So for those that don't believe their government would create chemtrails they should look at the above declassified documents to find out that their government already has sprayed stuff on them

There are theories about HAARP being used to heat the ionosphere and also to manipulate things on a level of electro-magnetic radiation; it is believed to be able to change weather

That could potentially tie into the theory about global warming: that it is being used as an excuse by the globalist cabal for the creation of a one world government. For example arguments have been presented through the Rockeffeler created think tank 'the Council of Rome' that changes to law or new carbon taxes are required to combat global warming. The irony that it is industrialists like the Rockefellers who are the biggest polluters seems to be lost on these guys

Ike sees the vatican and its various organisations as all part of the global conspiracy and i agree with him. He also sees the people at the top of the secret society network as satanists who are involved in sex magick rituals.

Any sex scandals involving the vatican will i'm sure come as no suprise to Ike becaus he is aware of what is going on in the upper levels of such organisations

Last edited:
The Emperor showing he is still powerful in the ways of the force?

[video=youtube_share;w9KVIfpNG4w]http://youtu.be/w9KVIfpNG4w[/video]

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/catholic-church-in-turmoil-as-cardinal-keith-obrien-announces-resignation-amid-claims-of-inappropriate-conduct-8509612.html

Catholic Church in turmoil as Cardinal Keith O'Brien announces resignation amid claims of 'inappropriate conduct'

News comes just a day after the claims by three priests and a former priest first surfaced

The Catholic Church in Britain was in turmoil today following the resignation of its most senior cleric, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, amid allegations of "inappropriate" conduct.

The 74-year-old tendered his resignation as Archbishop of St Andrews and Edinburgh in November to Pope Benedict XVI, but said in a statement today: "The Holy Father has now decided that my resignation will take effect today."

He added that he would not be attending the conclave of cardinals due to choose a successor to Pope Benedict next month in Rome, leaving Britain's Roman Catholics with no vote in the election.
"I have valued the opportunity of serving the people of Scotland and overseas in various ways since becoming a priest," Cardinal O'Brien said in a statement.
"Looking back over my years of ministry, for any good I have been able to do, I thank God.
"For any failures, I apologise to all whom I have offended."

The resignation follows allegations of inappropriate behaviour towards priests dating from the 1980s.
Cardinal O'Brien should have been travelling to the Vatican this week to help choose the next Pope, and yesterday he missed celebrating Sunday Mass in St Mary's Cathedral in Edinburgh, which marked the end of Pope Benedict's eight years in office.
O'Brien said he tendered his resignation some time ago, but added: "The Holy Father has now decided that my resignation will take effect today."

Yesterday it was announced that the Vatican is to investigate the allegations.
A spokesman for the Vatican said yesterday: “the Pope is informed about the problem and the question is now in his hands.”
The complaints against the cardinal, which were first reported in The Observer, are thought to relate to alleged inappropriate approach to him in 1980 when he was a seminarian at St Andrew’s College, Drygrange.

The complainant said he resigned as a priest when Cardinal O’Brien was made a bishop, because he feared the cardinal “would always have power
Three other complaints, all made by serving priests, allege inappropriate contact and “unwanted behaviour” – in one instance following alleged late-night drinking.

Peter Kearney, spokesman for the Scottish Catholic Church, said: “Cardinal O’Brien contests these claims and is taking legal advice.”
The cardinal, who was born in Ballycastle, Co. Antrim, has been the Archbishop of St Andrews and Edinburgh since 1985, missed Sunday Mass at St Mary’s Cathedral in Edinburgh today, citing legal advice.

His auxiliary, Bishop Stephen Robson made a statement yesterday, saying that the Church “cannot not be saddened” by the news.
“The cardinal has sought legal advice and it would be inappropriate to comment at this time,” he said. “As always in times of need such as this we cannot not be saddened by the events of the last 24 hours.”

Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O’Connor, the former Archbishop of Westminster, yesterday told the BBC’s Andrew Marr programme yesterday that he was “very sad” to hear the allegations.

He said that it would be for Cardinal O’Brien himself to decide whether or not to go to Rome to attend the conclave.
“These allegations have not been proved in any way so I think he will have to decide whether he goes or not,” he said. He added that the Catholic Church had entered an age of “transparency” and that all abuse allegations are now “examined clearly and honestly and appropriate action is taken”.

Cardinal O'Brien had been expected to resign in view of his 75th birthday on March 17.
The date was brought forward with immediate effect.
Cardinal O'Brien said: "I thank Pope Benedict XVI for his kindness and courtesy to me and, on my own behalf and on behalf of the people of Scotland, I wish him a long and happy retirement. I also ask God's blessing on my brother Cardinals who will soon gather in Rome to elect his successor."

While he will not be joining them, he added: "I will pray with them and for them that, enlightened by the Holy Spirit, they will make the correct choice for the future good of the Church.
"May God who has blessed me so often in my ministry continue to bless and help me in the years which remain for me on Earth and may he shower his blessings on all the peoples of Scotland, especially those I was privileged to serve in a special way in the Archdiocese of Saint Andrews and Edinburgh."

Ordained as a priest in 1965, O'Brien was proclaimed a cardinal by Pope John Paul II in October 2003.
He has been an outspoken opponent of plans to legalise same-sex marriage and several days ago called for the Catholic Church to end its celibacy rule for the priesthood.
He said that many priests struggle to cope with celibacy and should be allowed to marry if they wish.
The Cardinal was the only British Roman Catholic cleric able to vote in the upcoming conclave to elect a successor to Pope Benedict XVI following his earlier decision to resign.

The resignation was accepted on February 18 but only announced today, according to the statement from the Scottish Catholic Church.
Scotland's First Minister, Alex Salmond, said: "I hear the news of Cardinal O'Brien's resignation with the greatest sadness.
"In all of my dealings with the Cardinal, he has been a considerate and thoughtful leader of the Catholic Church in Scotland, stalwart in his faith but constructive in his approach.
"The hugely successful visit of Pope Benedict in 2010 was a highlight of his Cardinalship and symbolised the key role of the Catholic Church in Scottish society.
"It would be a great pity if a lifetime of positive work was lost from comment in the circumstances of his resignation.
"None of us know the outcome of the investigation into the claims made against him but I have found him to be a good man for his church and country."

The question is, is Babylon falling or just getting rid of all the loose ends?

chimp%20thinking.jpg

The lightning is very awesome! It gave me chills!

The question is, is Babylon falling or just getting rid of all the loose ends?

chimp%20thinking.jpg

The lightning is very awesome! It gave me chills!

Whenever there is a reformation there is a counter reformation; we are in the middle of a reformation but babylon has always gone underground in times of trouble and pushed its tentacles out through the jesuits, opus dei, the freemasons, the knights of malta, the mafia and other clandestine groups; in the past it lashed out with its inquisition. What form is the fight back going to take as it strives to maintain relevance in a world where its activities are increasingly transparent?

Babylon is a coercive, male orientated, centrally controlled system that is all about CONTROL

It demands the peoples attention, it feeds off their guilt and their sorrow. It survives off the psychic energy that people give it. Babylon is a vampire but the truth is a silver stake and the people are getting wise, but it won't go quietly!

[video=youtube;J5EoiQX7u5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5EoiQX7u5k[/video]

We refuse to be
What you wanted us to be;
We are what we are:
That's the way (way) it's going to be. You don't know!
You can't educate I
For no equal opportunity:
(Talkin' 'bout my freedom) Talkin' 'bout my freedom,
People freedom (freedom) and liberty!
Yeah, we've been trodding on the winepress much too long:
Rebel, rebel!
Yes, we've been trodding on the winepress much too long:
Rebel, rebel!

Babylon system is the vampire, yea! (vampire)
Suckin' the children day by day, yeah!
Me say: de Babylon system is the vampire, falling empire,
Suckin' the blood of the sufferers, yea-ea-ea-ea-e-ah!
Building church and university, wo-o-ooh, yeah! -
Deceiving the people continually, yea-ea!
Me say them graduatin' thieves and murderers;
Look out now: they suckin' the blood of the sufferers (sufferers).
Yea-ea-ea! (sufferers)

Tell the children the truth;
Tell the children the truth right now!
Come on and tell the children the truth;
Come on and tell the children the truth.

'Cause - 'cause we've been trodding on ya winepress much too long:
Rebel, rebel!
And we've been taken for granted much too long:
Rebel, rebel now!

(Trodding on the winepress) Trodding on the winepress (rebel):
Got to rebel, y'all (rebel)!
We've been trodding on the winepress much too long - ye-e-ah! (rebel)
Yea-e-ah! (rebel) Yeah! Yeah!

From the very day we left the shores (trodding on the winepress)
Of our Father's land (rebel),
We've been trampled on (rebel),
Oh now! (we've been oppressed, yeah!) Lord, Lord, go to ...

[*Sleeve notes continue:
Now we know everything we got to rebel
Somebody got to pay for the work
We've done, rebel.]

Last edited:
After reading through this thread, I feel as though I need to speak up on behalf of the Holy Father emeritus. But before I say anything else, let me say this: by posting here I am hoping for a cordial, fruitful dialogue. While we do not agree with each other at all on this matter, I hope that we can at least be respectful of one another's beliefs.

With that said, and since this thread is about the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI and what will happen to the Catholic Church in the future, let me start by giving one of the best articles I have found explaining the Pope's resignation from the Catholic perspective.

Prayer and Penance: Did Twitter Hasten Benedict’s Retirement?
February 12, 2013 By Elizabeth Scalia

In hindsight, we’re seeing clues, now, and reading words he uttered indicating that Pope Benedict XVI has clearly been thinking of renouncing the papal throne for some time.

Forgive me if this sounds absurd on the face of it, but I am wondering if, despite these pieces of evidence, Benedict’s recent entry into Twitter has had anything to do with the seeming abruptness of his announcement.

Before you scoff, consider: the pope’s interest in, and support of, the church’s engagement with new media proves he is not exactly out of touch with the world, but when the Benedict finally logged on to Twitter he got to see firsthand the sort of raw, unhinged anti-Catholic hatred so active within social media threads. We who work in new media experience this hatred so regularly it barely registers with us, but for Benedict, or those around him, it must have been a shocking revelation to encounter the vilest expressions of hatred, the intentional voicings of malice and evil hopes, flung squarely at the Holy Father, in real time.

A hoped-for encounter with the faithful also brought an encounter with something wicked. It exposed Benedict to, perhaps, a reality he had formerly been spared.

Don’t misunderstand me. I am not saying the pope had his feelings hurt. I’m saying he looked into a depth of pain and hate and realized he needed to do something more.

A great deal of that tweeted animosity has been inspired (and earned) by the deplorable scandals of past decades (for which we are due a long season of penance) but no doubt much of it is rooted in nothing more than the church’s obedience to Christ’s commission that she be not only a consolation to the poor, the sick and the marginalized, but also a sign of contradiction to the world and its disorienting trends. I wonder if our sensitive pope looked into the abyss of pain, screaming hatred and ignorance so easily accessed by just a few clicks of a keyboard, and felt called to humility and prayer – a full renunciation of everything in the world, including earthly power and communion with the faithful – in reparation, penance.

Because we know Benedict is an introvert, and we see his tiredness, it is easy to believe that the man simply wishes, as some have suggested, to spend his last days unburdened, “reading and writing’ in an fragrant castle garden.

I don’t think so; During his entire priesthood, the man has not shaken off duties and burdens, but consented to carry more and more. This is who he is.

Increasingly, I believe Benedict’s resignation, rather than releasing himself from a heavy weight, is necessary so he may take on something much more cumbersome.

Last November, in a beautiful, intimate talk to a small gathering of elderly people, Benedict urged, “. . .never feel down at heart: you are a wealth for society, even in suffering and sickness.”

And yet he has seemed down, lately. For all of his recent weight-loss, visible in his face, the pope has seemed in all ways heavier, not lighter.

In announcing his resignation, Benedict said,

…in today’s world, subject to so many rapid changes and shaken by questions of deep relevance for the life of faith, in order to steer the ship of Saint Peter and proclaim the Gospel, both strength of mind and body are necessary, strength which in the last few months, has deteriorated in me…

Nowhere have we heard, either through official lines or “back-channels” that the Holy Father is not fully in his wits. To the contrary, his remarks are as lucid as ever.

As he has done from his first moments as pontiff, Benedict yesterday asked pardon for his “defects” and then said, “With regard to myself, I wish to also devotedly serve the Holy Church of God in the future through a life dedicated to prayer.” It’s not about him. It’s about the church he serves, as always.

He’s retiring to a monastery within the Vatican. One does not “retire” into monasticism; a monastery is not an idyllic place of retreat, but a full-thrust into spiritual depths. It is where one goes to pray, do penance and – if one is particularly holy and willing – to engage in supernatural battle with things seen and unseen.

This is grave stuff, indeed; a heavy task. My suspicion is that Benedict is not taking his leave of the papacy in order to play his piano and read his books. In the midst of the temporal Lent of 2013, he’s going to be immersing himself in the Long Lent that began for us in 2002, and is with us still.

I suspect he will be doing penance for the church, and for the world – for those of us who cannot or will not do it, ourselves.

He is going into deep prayer, and that is no easy thing. It is, in fact, his last and perhaps greatest act of self-abnegation in a life that has been full of them. He never wanted the papacy, but was obedient to where he was being led. Given that his whole life has been lived in obedience to the Holy Spirit’s lead, we should believe he is being led, yet again, and is meekly – but with paradoxical boldness – going where he would rather not go.

As did Pope John Paul II and Mother Teresa, Benedict meant it when he offered himself to God in the full rush of love, and said “use me.” As with those two saints, he is being used up to his last ember. It is only my conjecture, of course, but in my gut, I think it is so.

We won’t get to witness the last flames and embers of the 80+-year holocaust that has been Joseph Ratzinger because, as penitents have taken themselves into the desert since the earliest church, to do their separate battle and offer their weary praise, this is between Benedict – carrying the weight of all of our church-wide sins on his back – and the God who has called him.

Pray for Pope Benedict XVI as he becomes again Ratzinger, and – for the sake of the rest of us – willingly takes on a burden he will not shrug off. If he is, in fact, headed into battle for our sake, it is the most heroic thing we will never know about, in a whole life of quiet heroism.

Again in that talk to seniors, Benedict said:

Do not forget that one of the valuable resources you possess is the essential one of prayer: become interceders with God, praying with faith and with constancy. Pray for the Church, and pray for me, for the needs of the world, for the poor, so that there may be no more violence in the world. [Such prayers] can protect the world, helping it, perhaps more effectively than collective anxiety.

So, we must pray for Benedict, and with him. Let us be willing to join our Lenten prayers and fasts to those of this vicar who never swaggers, but trudges simply forward. In this way we can strengthen him, and the church, and the world, in times of great tumult and uncertainty.

from http://www.patheos.com/blogs/theanc...ance-did-twitter-hasten-benedicts-retirement/

I think you are sounding like an apologist for the RCC

I think we should judge a tree by its fruit. The RCC has for centuries hoarded knowledge, land, wealth and power

It has pursecuted those that disagree with it, stamped on older spiritual traditions, burned, tortured and murdered anyone who disagreed with it. It was created by roman aristocrats to carry on their power after the fall of the Roman empire and it has done this by many means both covert and overt. It has put itself between people and the ineffable and it has supported authoritarian regimes which have kept the people down.

The Roman catholic church has been implicated in holocausts, genocide and mass rapings.

The Pope is not unaware of the hate that is directed at the church as a result of its countless crimes against humanity. He did not have some apotheosis due to twitter. He is an insider and was tasked with directing damage limitation over the sex scandals that were rocking the church. He did not fight for the justice of the victims, he fought to cover up the crimes

he is going as part of a PR campaign by the church. Neither should his retirement into a 'monastic' life within the palatial and salubrious confines of the vatican be seen as in anyway comparable to the ascetic retreats of the desert fathers. He may well remain fully involved in the intrigues of the church outside the glare of the worlds TV cameras behind the gold gilded doors of the vatican protected by hired swiss mercenaries

Someone recently told me that in amongst all the books that the roman catholic church confiscated and hoarded in their library of banned content is the worlds biggest supply of pornography; i wouldn't be suprised if that is true. Kept for their eyes only. An order sworn to celebacy, building energies of sexual repression whilst sitting on the worlds biggest collection of pornography.....irony indeed