The Broad Autism Phenotype Test | INFJ Forum

The Broad Autism Phenotype Test

This doesn't surprise me at all. Actually, it's fairly spot on, only I'm not always aloof but I do have my times.

Your result for The Broad Autism Phenotype Test ...
Socially Odd

You scored 104 aloof, 69 rigid and 79 pragmatic

You score above the cutoff for both aloof personality and social communication difficulties, which means you have decreased interest in interaction and also probably find it hard to communicate effectively in social situations. These two categories may be interrelated - someone who is fairly aloof doesn't practice interacting with others as much, and someone who finds it hard to interact with others may decide to find other things to interest themselves. However, you're probably reasonably flexible and not particularly upset by new situations, changes in routine or trying something a new way. You may be on the broader autistic phenotype, or actually autistic.

You scored 104% on aloof, higher than 46% of your peers.
You scored 69% on rigid, higher than 14% of your peers.
You scored 79% on pragmatic, higher than 31% of your peers.
You scored 0% on diagnosis, higher than 6% of your peers. - ???

Last edited:
Neurotypical

You scored 62 aloof, 80 rigid and 59 pragmatic

You scored below cutoff on all three subscales, suggesting that you are not on the broader autistic phenotype.

Neurotypical
You scored 75 aloof, 80 rigid and 75 pragmatic
You scored below cutoff on all three subscales, suggesting that you are not on the broader autistic phenotype.

Socially Odd
You scored 102 aloof, 74 rigid and 89 pragmatic
You score above the cutoff for both aloof personality and social communication difficulties, which means you have decreased interest in interaction and also probably find it hard to communicate effectively in social situations. These two categories may be interrelated - someone who is fairly aloof doesn't practice interacting with others as much, and someone who finds it hard to interact with others may decide to find other things to interest themselves. However, you're probably reasonably flexible and not particularly upset by new situations, changes in routine or trying something a new way. You may be on the broader autistic phenotype, or actually autistic.
Your Analysis (Vertical line = Average)

You scored 102% on aloof, higher than 42% of your peers.

You scored 74% on rigid, higher than 19% of your peers.

You scored 89% on pragmatic, higher than 48% of your peers.

You scored 0% on diagnosis, higher than 6% of your pee

Reactions: jyrffw54
Socially Odd

You scored 90 aloof, 72 rigid and 84 pragmatic

Surprised? Not a single bit, lol. I know I am as stubborn as a mule, and oh how I so do not like (social) changes at all.

I was diagnosed with aspergers when I was 11 or so, but I tend to not think I am like that anymore. While I have become extremely good at reading people and understand whom I interact with, a lot of this is almost rote. What makes me thing things still linger, is I often don't "feel" the emotions that I should with given social interactions. It feels extremely robotic at times. When I do feel, it is usually primitive in a sense and I become angry at myself for feeling that way as it is often completely devoid of logic if what is correct on how I should interact and feel.

Rigid Personality

78 aloof - higher than 13% of your peers.
112 rigid - higher than 79% of your peers.
50 pragmatic - higher than 4% of your peers.

You scored above the cutoff for rigid personality, which means you probably don't really like changes, especially unexpected ones. You may have a daily routine that you seldom vary, dislike going to unfamiliar places or meeting new people, or have specific rules about how you do things which you refuse to change. However, you are not particularly aloof, and probably don't have much trouble with social communication. You are probably on the broader autistic phenotype.

Aloof
You scored above the cutoff for aloof personality, which means you probably are not very sociable and prefer spending time by yourself. You may enjoy interacting with others, but in moderation. You may not get lonely as easily as most people. However, you scored below the cutoff for rigid personality and social communication problems, which means you are probably reasonably flexible and that if you decide to interact with people, you don't have too much difficulty communicating with them. You are probably on the broader autistic phenotype. Note: Schizoid personality (see my test http://.okcupid.com/tests/3156823026067972599/Cluster-A-Personality-Disorder ) is probably about the same thing as aloof personality.
Why does being very introverted imply being somewhat autistic??

Last edited:
Aloof and rigid

You scored 107 aloof, 104 rigid and 69 pragmatic

You score above the cutoff for both aloof personality and rigid personality, which means you're probably not very interested in interacting with other people and don't like changes. You might have a tendency to be fairly controlling in interactions or prefer doing things by yourself partly because you have more control. However, when you decide to interact, you probably don't have too much difficulty communicating with the other person and making a good impression. You are probably either on the broader autistic phenotype or actually autistic

Aloof and rigid

You scored 114 aloof, 92 rigid and 78 pragmatic

Rigid Personality

You scored 88 aloof, 94 rigid and 73 pragmatic

You scored above the cutoff for rigid personality, which means you probably don't really like changes, especially unexpected ones. You may have a daily routine that you seldom vary, dislike going to unfamiliar places or meeting new people, or have specific rules about how you do things which you refuse to change. However, you are not particularly aloof, and probably don't have much trouble with social communication. You are probably on the broader autistic phenotype.

Autistic/BAPYou scored 111 aloof, 93 rigid and 99 pragmatic You scored above the cutoff on all three scales. Clearly, you are either autistic or on the broader autistic phenotype. You probably are not very social, and when you do interact with others, you come off as strange or rude without meaning to. You probably also like things to be familiar and predictable and don't like changes, especially unexpected ones.

Neurotypical

You scored 48 aloof, 45 rigid and 59 pragmatic

-------

Nope, I

Autistic/BAP

You scored 98 aloof, 104 rigid and 94 pragmatic

You scored above the cutoff on all three scales. Clearly, you are either autistic or on the broader autistic phenotype. You probably are not very social, and when you do interact with others, you come off as strange or rude without meaning to. You probably also like things to be familiar and predictable and don't like changes, especially unexpected ones.

Your Analysis (Vertical line = Average)

You scored 98% on aloof, higher than 36% of your peers.

You scored 104% on rigid, higher than 66% of your peers.

You scored 94% on pragmatic, higher than 59% of your peers.

You scored 0% on diagnosis, higher than 8% of your peers.

Your result for The Broad Autism Phenotype Test
Aloof and rigid

You scored 114 aloof, 104 rigid and 72 pragmatic
You score above the cutoff for both aloof personality and rigid personality, which means you're probably not very interested in interacting with other people and don't like changes. You might have a tendency to be fairly controlling in interactions or prefer doing things by yourself partly because you have more control. However, when you decide to interact, you probably don't have too much difficulty communicating with the other person and making a good impression. You are probably either on the broader autistic phenotype or actually autistic​

Aloof Personality
You scored 110 aloof, 58 rigid and 47 pragmatic
You scored above the cutoff for aloof personality, which means you probably are nor very sociable and prefer spending time by yourself. You may enjoy interacting with others, but in moderation. You may not get lonely as easily as most people. However, you scored below the cutoff for rigid personality and social communication problems, which means you are probably reasonably flexible and that if you decide to interact with people, you don't have too much difficulty communicating with them. You are probably on the broader autistic phenotype. Note: Schizoid personality is probably about the same thing as aloof personality.

Wholly crap. I may have an actual disorder. I followed the link to this.

Schizoid Personality Disorder Symptoms
By PSYCH CENTRAL STAFF

Schizoid Personality Disorder is characterized by a long-standing pattern of detachment from social relationships. A person with schizoid personality disorder often has difficulty expression emotions and does so typically in very restricted range, especially when communicating with others.

A person with this disorder may appear to lack a desire for intimacy, and will avoid close relationships with others. They may often prefer to spend time with themselves rather than socialize or be in a group of people. In laypeople terms, a person with schizoid personality disorder might be thought of as the typical “loner.”

Individuals with Schizoid Personality Disorder may have particular difficulty expressing anger, even in response to direct provocation, which contributes to the impression that they lack emotion. Their lives sometimes seem directionless, and they may appear to “drift” in their goals. Such individuals often react passively to adverse circumstances and have difficulty responding appropriately to important life events.

Because of their lack of social skills and lack of desire for sexual experiences, individuals with this disorder have few friendships, date infrequently, and often do not marry. Employment or work functioning may be impaired, particularly if interpersonal involvement is required, but individuals with this disorder may do well when they work under conditions of social isolation.

A personality disorder is an enduring pattern of inner experience and behavior that deviates from the norm of the individual’s culture. The pattern is seen in two or more of the following areas: cognition; affect; interpersonal functioning; or impulse control. The enduring pattern is inflexible and pervasive across a broad range of personal and social situations. It typically leads to significant distress or impairment in social, work or other areas of functioning. The pattern is stable and of long duration, and its onset can be traced back to early adulthood or adolescence.

Symptoms of Schizoid Personality Disorder
Schizoid personality disorder is characterized by a pattern of detachment from social relationships and a restricted range of expression of emotions in interpersonal settings, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:

Neither desires nor enjoys close relationships, including being part of a family - Possible
Almost always chooses solitary activities - In most cases yes.
Has little, if any, interest in having sexual experiences with another person - This one is off
Takes pleasure in few, if any, activities - Off
Lacks close friends or confidants other than first-degree relatives - True
Appears indifferent to the praise or criticism of others - True
Shows emotional coldness, detachment, or flattened affect (emotion) - True
Because personality disorders describe long-standing and enduring patterns of behavior, they are most often diagnosed in adulthood. It is uncommon for them to be diagnosed in childhood or adolescence, because a child or teen is under constant development, personality changes and maturation. However, if it is diagnosed in a child or teen, the features must have been present for at least 1 year.

Schizoid personality disorder is more prevalent in males than females. Its prevalence in the general population is between 3.1 and 4.9 percent.

Like most personality disorders, schizoid personality disorder typically will decrease in intensity with age, with many people experiencing few of the most extreme symptoms by the time they are in the 40s or 50s.

Last edited:
Autistic/BAP

You scored 101 aloof, 107 rigid and 92 pragmatic

You scored above the cutoff on all three scales. Clearly, you are either autistic or on the broader autistic phenotype. You probably are not very social, and when you do interact with others, you come off as strange or rude without meaning to. You probably also like things to be familiar and predictable and don't like changes, especially unexpected ones.

You scored 101% on aloof, higher than 41% of your peers.
You scored 107% on rigid, higher than 71% of your peers.
You scored 92% on pragmatic, higher than 55% of your peers.
You scored 8% on diagnosis, higher than 85% of your peers.

Yep! I'm autistic! ^.^

Language Differences

You scored 76 aloof, 68 rigid and 110 pragmatic
You scored above the cutoff on the Pragmatic scale, regarding the social use of language. This suggests you likely have some trouble with communication, which is probably more evident in informal, social settings than in more formalized settings where the expectations are explicitly stated. On the other hand, since you scored below the cutoff for aloof and rigid personality, you are probably fairly sociable and flexible about change. You are probably on the broader autistic phenotype.

You scored 76% on aloof, higher than 13% of your peers.
You scored 68% on rigid, higher than 13% of your peers.
You scored 110% on pragmatic, higher than 86% of your peers.
You scored 4% on diagnosis, higher than 42% of your peers.

>____<"

EDIT: Oh my, I researched more about this and I definitely relate to this.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pragmatic_language_impairment D: Esp the eye contact part.. I just don't like looking people in the eye when we're having a conversation ..

Last edited:
Reactions: dudemanbro
Yep, I'm making good progress. When I was younger I, at times, embodied a number of the behaviours of classical autism. I've been commented on my monotonous, expressionless voice during my younger (child to early teenage) years. Today however, I am much more satisfied to take the effort to express myself more effectively through verbal communication.

iapkVhr.jpg

I feel that as a toddler and young child, I was higher on the aloof spectrum than I am today. I was very much in my own world. Many of my memories of daycare (ages three to five) are of naptime, where classical music was quietly played and my imagination was tickled in the nicest ways. I never truly slept during nap time, and this left me with fond memories of events that mostly occurred in my mind. :)

Attachments

• iapkVhr.jpg
    iapkVhr.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 0