• A mythic creature, fueled by scientific fraud

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Mostly escaped apes from local zoos, or some ape not known

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • An earlier kind of human that has survived

• Modern humans that have gone ferrel

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Uncle Joe wears a size 16, does that count?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GracieRuth

Permanent Fixture
Aug 19, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
This is to be a lighthearted thread, but try to stay reasonably scientific. I guess it's just a boring day and I have nothing better to do than post something just for fun. Basically, I'd say we don't really have definitive evidence who/what Sasquatch really is, or even if it exists. But, there is certainly enough evidence for it to be intriguing, so let's have fun. What do you think of Bigfoot? What evidence do you have for this?

I have a couple of books on the subject, none of which are recent. The last decade has seen a decline in the serious pursuit of the bigfoot myth. Even the quintessential piece of 'evidence' is a definite hoax.

Still, it is a fascinating thought. Imagine cunning creatures the size of Gigantopithecus roaming in the woods. They would undoubtedly possess massive strength and the capacity to kill with ease. People would fear them. People would hunt them. People would cage them. People would probably eat them. If they'd be anything like Gigantopithecus they'd be herbivores. This kind of creature would be one of the rare megafauna still on this planet. I'd have to question this unmatched intellect of ours if they had the ability to evade definitive detection for so long.

(You misspelled feral, in case you're able to edit a poll.)

Last edited:
The assumption that I normally run into is that we would have discovered better proof by now if these large humanoids actually existed.

But what if they are smart? Certainly they would know how dangerous we are and would be well aware of what would happen to them if they were discovered. They seem to be quite mobile at night.

There have also been some brief glimpses on video of late, which is what you would expect in the era of cheap video.

I also find that most skepticism is dismissive, rather than investigative, so I don't put much stock in the opinions of those people. All in all, I think it's an open question.