The Being Outside of Myself | INFJ Forum

The Being Outside of Myself

serenesam

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
MBTI
INTJ
You know, throughout my entire life, I have always believed that everything that I have done, all of my actions and behaviors was me, is only me, came from me, and is my own full responsibility (perhaps due to the conditioning from my teachers, parents, associates, and pretty much everyone I have come to know). Yet I sometimes wonder if some of the actions and behaviors I have taken was really me, came from me, and is only me. I am fully aware of the internal self, accepting the self, and acknowledging that many of the answers in life lie within me yet within me, I still yet wonder where these answers come from that is supposedly within me. I sometimes wonder how I have survived some illnesses and as I much as I want to believe that I healed my own self, I cannot see this to be the actual case because I recall I did not have any thought processes associated with the healing of myself whatsoever. I totally respect those who believe in the internal self wholeheartedly, believe in the Supreme Being that is inside oneself, believe in the Supreme Being that is or are themselves, and believe in the Angel and Fairy that is or are themselves. Yet on the contrary, I can still conceive of Beings that are outside of myself, linked to me, following me, very much alike me yet separate from me. They are Beings in which from the eyes of the average being, seem to be me, just me, and only me yet in reality they really are separate from me with the traits and personality like me. Hence, it is only by automatic logic, that they are assumed to be me and only me.

Some of the actions I have done, I have come to realize that it can

I think the personal self, while of great worth and giftedness, is not all there is to life. Why? Because the reality is that we were made for connection to God, to the Divine Life, to the Creator...and thereby to all that is. Our egos and our minds tend to dislike this prospect, but once one enters into this connection we begin to understand/see things in a more holistic fashion. This connection does not limit us...it expands us, liberates us. We become more fully ourselves, more fully human. However, the movement past ourselves can be quite disorienting, even death-like, but that is just an effect of moving past the self-imposed limits we have become so comfortable with. In fact, in this world there is a great secret.........but I have to run off to a meeting so I'll have to share that later. :)

Reactions: serenesam
[MENTION=4433]serenesam[/MENTION]: I agree... I call that other being a soul as it is a part of me and yet of God/otherness. It is what my head knows that I do not and it has been there for me in many a dangerous situation.

[MENTION=1098]randomsomeone[/MENTION]: I would also agree with that, and it is that "soul" or "spirit" that connects us to the world around us and shows us the beauty and wonder in each blade of grass or breath of wind. I cannot wait to hear the secret! ... although your telling us so, oops, the secret is out :p.

I had a few friends try to convince me that one needed to live for oneself, but to me that seems utterly silly, as living in a with the world around us is so much more complete and satisfying. How those who live strictly inside one's self can justify their actions and not go towards total nihilism, i do not know. I have some nihilistic tendencies do to my study of physics and the universe but those are curbed by my belief in a creator and an open system. They work together to give the world (or at least what we think of as the world in this present state) a cohesive feel full of more than we can ever know. This gives us something to work for and a purpose, and in that search we can find contentment and even occasional happiness because instead of looking directly for happiness (which many seem to do, and fail at) we are looking for something greater.

Reactions: serenesam