Texas judge beats the crap out of his disabled daughter with a belt | INFJ Forum

Texas judge beats the crap out of his disabled daughter with a belt

barbad0s

Banned
Apr 18, 2011
MBTI
POOP
Didn't see this posted anywhere so I figured I'd put it up.

Video and news story here:

http://gawker.com/5855478/reddit-video-apparently-shows-texas-family-judge-beating-disabled-daughter

2004: Aransas County Court-At-Law Judge William Adams took a belt to his own teenage daughter as punishment for using the internet to acquire music and games that were unavailable for legal purchase at the time. She has had ataxic cerebral palsy from birth that led her to a passion for technology, which was strictly forbidden by her father's backwards views. The judge's wife was emotionally abused herself and was severely manipulated into assisting the beating and should not be blamed for any content in this video. The judge's wife has since left the marriage due to the abuse, which continues to this day, and has sincerely apologized and repented for her part and for allowing such a thing, long before this video was even revealed to exist. Judge William Adams is not fit to be anywhere near the law system if he can't even exercise fit judgement as a parent himself. Do not allow this man to ever be re-elected again. His "judgement" is a giant farce. Signed, Hillary Adams, his daughter.

Here's more recent news coverage: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bled-daughter-Hillary-video-WONT-charged.html

Just another giant dickwad exhibiting some good ol' southern hospitality.

I imagine he is as poor a judge as he is a father.

Yep.

This state is full of them now. Case in point: Rick Perry.

As for the Judge - the Huffington post says he will not be charged because the statute of limitations has run out.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/03/judge-william-adams-video-beating-daughter_n_1075284.html

McALLEN, Texas -- A Texas family law judge whose daughter secretly videotaped him savagely beating her seven years ago won't face criminal charges because too much time has elapsed, police said Thursday.Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams likely would have been charged with causing injury to a child or other assault-related offenses for the 2004 beating of his then-16-year-old daughter, but the five-year statutes of limitations expired, Rockport Police Chief Tim Jayroe said.

The part where her mother says "take it like a grown woman" is disturbing in particular.

I didn't experience any emotional response watching this video or reading the article. I think this Judge is pathetic for beating his child like that (regardless of whether or not she has a disability) and I would hope that he loses his job. Even though he can't be charged because of the statute of limitations I am sure that this will get enough views and press that his life won't be the same.

Hey me and Sandra share a brain. I didn't have an emotional reaction watching the video either. I thought that what the Judge did was wrong, very clearly. I don't really know how it affected his daughter, I would have to ask her, but I imagine it could cause serious psychological problems for her. I don't know how badly she felt being subjected to abuse, I'd have to ask her that too. Obviously she felt bad, but exactly how bad isn't something I could guess. Hard for me to have sympathy or empathy if I can't ascertain exactly how someone felt.

The Judge's reaction in an interview was interesting to me. He believes that it's perfectly acceptable to discipline children in a way that most would consider excessive. He actually believes it. I suppose this pattern could be observed in a lot of people who do terrible things. They honestly believe that what they are doing is for a good reason, that it is justified. Obviously the guy has serious psychological issues. I don't know what those issues are, but I'm pretty sure he's got them.

He believes that it's perfectly acceptable to discipline children in a way that most would consider excessive. He actually believes it. I suppose this pattern could be observed in a lot of people who do terrible things. They honestly believe that what they are doing is for a good reason, that it is justified. Obviously the guy has serious psychological issues. I don't know what those issues are, but I'm pretty sure he's got them.

trufax

I only watched a bit of the video actually.. it looked like the beating dragged on and idk it didn't seem like something I'd find that educational. I felt sad reading the story; I didn't feel very sad watching the bit I did, more I felt empathy for her physical pain, and I also felt angry at the father -- I felt like I related with her a lot when the parents cornered her and stuff, and I conjured up morbid fantasies of me in her position, chopping the dad's balls off in his sleep the night after and running away.

trufax

I only watched a bit of the video actually.. it looked like the beating dragged on and idk it didn't seem like something I'd find that educational. I felt sad reading the story; I didn't feel very sad watching the bit I did, more I felt empathy for her physical pain, and I also felt angry at the father -- I felt like I related with her a lot when the parents cornered her and stuff, and I conjured up morbid fantasies of me in her position, chopping the dad's balls off in his sleep the night after and running away.

Hmmm strange. I didn't really feel angry at the father or any empathy/sympathy for her physical pain though I am sure it hurts pretty bad to be whipped repeatedly with a belt. Perhaps I just do not connect with it at all.

Hey me and Sandra share a brain. I didn't have an emotional reaction watching the video either. I thought that what the Judge did was wrong, very clearly. I don't really know how it affected his daughter, I would have to ask her, but I imagine it could cause serious psychological problems for her. I don't know how badly she felt being subjected to abuse, I'd have to ask her that too. Obviously she felt bad, but exactly how bad isn't something I could guess. Hard for me to have sympathy or empathy if I can't ascertain exactly how someone felt.

The Judge's reaction in an interview was interesting to me. He believes that it's perfectly acceptable to discipline children in a way that most would consider excessive. He actually believes it. I suppose this pattern could be observed in a lot of people who do terrible things. They honestly believe that what they are doing is for a good reason, that it is justified. Obviously the guy has serious psychological issues. I don't know what those issues are, but I'm pretty sure he's got them.

No...he doesn't have psychological issues. He has religion.

Don't you know all the Good - God Fearing People - live in TX?

....yeh ...right...

This is such a perversion of what it means to be a parent.

....yeh ...right...

Oh God here we go...

Reactions: acd
I disagree with that style of parenting, but... I was intrigued by my mixed feelings when I heard that the reason he did it was because he caught her illegally downloading music online. My parents have come to me to learn how to download illegally.

Upstanding morals in one case, wrath on the other. Who knows, who knows!

This makes me so fucking mad. I went through that as a kid. 15 licks with a leather belt, and you better believe that if you didn't roll over and take it, you would get beat on your arms and legs until they got the rage out. They eventually stopped it after a social worker almost put me in foster care. That doesn't teach a child anything but to be afraid. It's abuse, not discipline.

Reactions: Norton
I disagree with that style of parenting, but... I was intrigued by my mixed feelings when I heard that the reason he did it was because he caught her illegally downloading music online. My parents have come to me to learn how to download illegally.

Upstanding morals in one case, wrath on the other. Who knows, who knows!

If she hadn't made the video, the headlines would instead be reading, "Judge's daughter charged with illegally downloading copyrighted materials. Judge's reputation and parenting ability called into question." I'm sure that's what he was worried about, and never thought he would be caught. And also likes hitting teenage girls. Fucking jerk.

That was disturbing to say the least. In a way, I can empathize, as I've been in similar situations with my adoptive father. I've spent most of my teenage and adult life in pain due to a broken lumbar vertebra as a result of one of his drug-fueled rages. Stupid pieces of shit like that shouldn't be allowed to breed... breathe...

Reactions: Kgal

....yeh ...right...
I didn't know Kgal did sarcasm.