Kgal

Gone
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9 Mediator
Does anyone else get goosebumps when they view/listen to this video.

I almost started crying when the children voices indicated fear. You can hear people telling each other they loved them.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504784_162-20065329-10391705.html

I think the children can feel the tornado bearing down towards them more acutely than the adults. They are in their analytical minds trying to keep each other safe. The children, however, are mostly in their bodies trying to comprehend the danger coming to them.

Fortunately, everyone survives unscathed.

89 people died in that weather event.

There were recent storms near where I live. I think it is going to be a strange weather summer for those of us in tornado alleyish areas.

...Holy Hippo.

................*shivers*

I accidentally amped up the volume and...
................................*winces* *closes eye*
........thank goodness they're alright. :|

Absolutely terrifying. I'm glad those people survived.

I heard back in April when the tornado struck our town that this was going to be a bad year for them. So far, this seems to be true. I hope knowing this ahead of time will encourage people to take the warnings seriously and be as prepared as possible.

That's awful. It serves as a serious contrast for this other live account of a Tornado that I heard on the radio a little less than a month ago. I can't find the exact like for it, but it was essentially this guy calling his wife letting her know the tornado was approaching his location. He was overly calm; I wanted to call a fake, but the radio station somehow confirmed it.

Anyway, glad to hear these people are okay.

O_O A time where people really do decide to look after each other...

[MENTION=2578]K-gal[/MENTION]; I am from Washington State. I live in Kans-ass. I say I must have pissed off some god somewhere to end up in the middle of the country in a land-locked state of the Bible Belt...

Reactions: Asa
[MENTION=2578]K-gal[/MENTION]; I am from Washington State. I live in Kans-ass. I say I must have pissed off some god somewhere to end up in the middle of the country in a land-locked state of the Bible Belt...

Whew... you sure did! Sorry about that. Welcome to my world.:eek:hwell:

and Yes - you are in Tornado Alley. Glad they passed you by, unscathed, last night. :hug:

Ever wonder where all that power comes from? Amazing things, tornadoes and such.

@K-gal; I am from Washington State. I live in Kans-ass. I say I must have pissed off some god somewhere to end up in the middle of the country in a land-locked state of the Bible Belt...

Come back to Washington... we miss you!

Oh and I don't know if I will listen to this or not. I've so much going on right now I must just burst into tears out of sympathy.

Last edited:
Ever wonder where all that power comes from? Amazing things, tornadoes and such.

Hi [MENTION=680]just me[/MENTION]:wave:

You're right - there's an enormous amount of power in these tornadoes and somewhat less in a hurricane.

I consider myself lucky in that I studied chemistry/physics in my attempt to gain an education. Boyle's law and all that jazz.

Being and engineer at one time and working in a refinery helped me to broaden my understanding of it as well.

That power comes from pressure differentials. That stems from temperature differentials too.

I look at the Earth as a huge closed system with a solid spinning ball surrounded by gases. When the sun's rays strike one side of the planet - those gases - and to some degree - the surface of the solid ball - heats up and expands. It's like someone trying to shove and push their way into line right behind you. You instinctively move a step away to give them room.
Well - gases do the same thing. But when they move - something else has to give.

Tornados? They are the most powerful force on the planet. That towering spinning funnel of gases creates extreme pressure differentials. I can imagine what happens in the gap between the two.

I once heard a story from a person first hand that told me how pine needles were driven into the fascia boards of her home from a tornado. How it demolished the barn/garage - but the left the motorcycle parked beside it untouched. I can well imagine a scenario such as that.

Indeed. Tornadoes are power incarnate. :nod:

Reactions: Jill Hives
Excellent post, [MENTION=2578]K-gal[/MENTION]; and hello to you, also.

That's awful. It serves as a serious contrast for this other live account of a Tornado that I heard on the radio a little less than a month ago. I can't find the exact like for it, but it was essentially this guy calling his wife letting her know the tornado was approaching his location. He was overly calm; I wanted to call a fake, but the radio station somehow confirmed it.
Probably an INTJ.

I didn't feel anything when I watched the video, except kind of annoyed. I was thinking 'this is not the time to go emotionally rampant. Shut the fuck up and deal with the situation. Your cries of terror and pointless whining is counterproductive'. I don't panic in crisis situations; My brain automatically shuts off counterproductive emotions and my focus sharpens on what needs to be done. I think that's because in those moments, you have certainty. You KNOW what you need to be doing. There is no doubt.

Hi @[URL="http://forums.infjs.com/member.php?u=680"]just me[/URL]:wave:

You're right - there's an enormous amount of power in these tornadoes and somewhat less in a hurricane.

I consider myself lucky in that I studied chemistry/physics in my attempt to gain an education. Boyle's law and all that jazz.

Being and engineer at one time and working in a refinery helped me to broaden my understanding of it as well.

That power comes from pressure differentials. That stems from temperature differentials too.

I look at the Earth as a huge closed system with a solid spinning ball surrounded by gases. When the sun's rays strike one side of the planet - those gases - and to some degree - the surface of the solid ball - heats up and expands. It's like someone trying to shove and push their way into line right behind you. You instinctively move a step away to give them room.
Well - gases do the same thing. But when they move - something else has to give.

Tornados? They are the most powerful force on the planet. That towering spinning funnel of gases creates extreme pressure differentials. I can imagine what happens in the gap between the two.

I once heard a story from a person first hand that told me how pine needles were driven into the fascia boards of her home from a tornado. How it demolished the barn/garage - but the left the motorcycle parked beside it untouched. I can well imagine a scenario such as that.

Indeed. Tornadoes are power incarnate. :nod:

I had to revisit this with a thought or two that have come to me. Hope it alright to share it here. If not, toss it aside in the wind somewhere.

Amazing to call this the most powerful force on the planet, yet it actually comes from differentials. I might add we are talking about purely "destructive" force here. It is also a natural type of force or power, but only from differentials. There may very well be other extremes as powerful and even more powerful with destructive force, but they may not necessarily occur naturally. I wonder how "natural", also, something is that seems to fight against everything around it.

I ponder other elements warring among themselves in the spiritual world when I see these amazing happenings. I often wonder if there are elements pushing other elements around we do not see, or rarely any of us know about, in another realm of understanding. I have seen too many things over the years spiritual having physical meanings, and vice versa, if I only ponder them long enough to give value to my thoughts. I look at these thoughts and feelings as metaphorical: each battle a part of the larger war; each fight, part of the spiritual warfare going on in the space around us.....and in us.

Looking through these things and beyond these things, I see people helping other people overcome tragedies and despair. Looking into them, I see someone possibly making another concession somewhere so it may not get as bad as it could. In the end, the greatest power on earth is love; for it is love that binds us all to each other in the greatest show of power the universe may ever know. It is love that enables us to endure and persevere. It is love that gives us the courage to rebuild and undo that which was destroyed. Things working together as the same, both in the physical and the spiritual world, are far more powerful than those things working against each other and forcing their way about here and there. I feel for every destructive force there is at least another positive force out there far stronger.

4bb481f424448560ad0959fd7f5ce673.jpg

Reactions: James and Wyote