ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻
Donor
Oct 25, 2011
┬┴┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
꒒ ০ ⌵ ୧
So I used to watch a fair amount of tv when I was younger (Lost, 24, CSI, Dexter, etc), but lately the only thing I can stomach is Investigative Discovery... Murder mysteries and things of that sort.

Are there any televison shows currently running, or in recent memory that you'd recommend? What's the premise of said show? I usually read, but my brain has been a bit fried lately... it be nice to catch a break now and then.

Fringe is good, you might want to start at the beginning though. There is an intriguing cop show called Awake that just started. Justified, Southland, Person of Interest, The Killing (it just started its second season, i would watch the first, first) and The Mentalist is fun. (so is Psyche)

Reactions: endersgone
So I used to watch a fair amount of tv when I was younger (Lost, 24, CSI, Dexter, etc), but lately the only thing I can stomach is Investigative Discovery... Murder mysteries and things of that sort.

ooo, i like that show. it's like a mini documentary.

other than that i stick to cartoons...

I really like Breaking Bad (AMC), I won't mention plot elements cause that will spoil the fun. It's a drama/thriller/action show with an amazing plot, compelling characters, and really good cinematography/visuals. I watched the first couple seasons marathon style, I really enjoy it.

Adventure Time!

[video=youtube_share;nTbLoT_UJYY]http://youtu.be/nTbLoT_UJYY[/video]

Lost can be fun, but ultimately unsatisfying.
24 is a thriller. Addictive. Ultimately unsatisfying.

Big Bang Theory may still be nice in the current season. :)

Also I know someone in his early mid-20s who liked Sponge Bob. Another college guy said he likes children's shows/movies. I'm starting to feel a really good appreciation for family/children dramas, too. I think I've seen enough "Adventure" shows/movies; they're all cliché. :wink:

Last edited:
bleh, Big Bang Theory's jokes were stale in 1612. hur durr, smart people are awkward in social situations. =p

bleh, Big Bang Theory's jokes were stale in 1612. hur durr, smart people are awkward in social situations. =p
Smart people can be fun, but not all smart people are funny :) And not all smart people find their jokes funny. Still beats the suspense/thriller genres for the most part.

[MENTION=4798]Endersgone[/MENTION]

Sense I told my co-worker I'm interested in joining the coast guard, she recommended 'Coast Guard Alaska' on the weather channel. I'ma watch it wed at 9. :)
You get to see how challenging, yet rewarding the job can be.

If you like reality based investigations, Air Crash Investigations/Mayday has me hooked. It's not a bunch of over-acted melodramatic tripe, but it isn't a boring technical manual either. Problem is, in the US, all we can do here is Youtube it a week after it airs :(

[video=youtube_share;Vqs_DTPfjXg]http://youtu.be/Vqs_DTPfjXg[/video]

The classic Law & Order is still a favorite of mine and, I mean, it kind of defines the "investigative" type of shows. I can go on and on with some older classic ones if you want... Quincy, Magnum P.I., The Rockford Files, Columbo.

I don't really keep up with the new shows though... except Dexter of course! :)