Telepathy Experiment

java

Community Member
Jul 2, 2017
Canada
MBTI
????
People of the forum,

I want to make an experiment, and I think this is something INFJs might be into.

Starting on Monday, November 25th, and until Friday, December 6th, I will draw each day two series of random numbers between 1 and 100.

Everyday, I will post both series in this thread. If you participate in this experiment, you will have two things to do:
1) In the first series, you will try to pick the same number as everyone else. All participants must pick the same number.
2) In the second series, you will try to pick a different number than everyone else. All participants must pick a unique number.

If there are too many participants, groups of ~5 will be made, and each group will receive its own series.
- The first series will contain 5 numbers.
- The second series will contain as many numbers as necessary for everyone to pick a unique one.

During the experiment, the series of numbers will be posted everyday around 10:00 AM, Eastern Standard Time. All you need to do is check this thread and note down your selections for both series.

On Friday, December 6th, after picking your last numbers, send me your selections in private conversation. Once I've received everyone's selections, I will post the results, and we'll see if there are any "spooky" correlations.

A few rules to follow:
- You must keep your selections secret.
- Do not post your selections in this thread and do not discuss the numbers with other participants.
- If you miss or skip a few days, you can make your picks retroactively.

If you wish to participate, reply to this thread.

People of the forum,

I want to make an experiment, and I think this is something INFJs might be into.

Starting on Monday, November 25th, and until Friday, December 6th, I will draw each day two series of random numbers between 1 and 100.

Everyday, I will post both series in this thread. If you participate in this experiment, you will have two things to do:
1) In the first series, you will try to pick the same number as everyone else. All participants must pick the same number.
2) In the second series, you will try to pick a different number than everyone else. All participants must pick a unique number.

If there are too many participants, groups of ~5 will be made, and each group will receive its own series.
- The second series will contain as many numbers as necessary for everyone to pick a unique one.

During the experiment, the series of numbers will be posted everyday around 10:00 AM, Eastern Standard Time. All you need to do is check this thread and note down your selections for both series.

On Friday, December 6th, after picking your last numbers, send me your selections in private conversation. Once I've received everyone's selections, I will post the results, and we'll see if there are any "spooky" correlations.

A few rules to follow:
- Do not post your selections in this thread and do not discuss the numbers with other participants.

Cool thread idea, man :)

I'll join and be on discord :)

I know right? If some here feel like their Ni will allow them to do better than statistical chance, now is the time to test it. :D
Does that mean you're joining?

Hmm, I don't think I'd be able to keep up with it, to be honest.

^^^ he wouldn't be able to keep up coz INFPs have Ne

Hahahahahaha

People of the forum,

A few rules to follow:

Cool. Game. I'm in!

The experiment is over. Here are the results!

First, the attempt at picking the same number.

Pylo6Zo.png

As a group, we failed to reach the same number, but we came close four times!
On days 1 and 7, @MINFJToothFairy was the one who broke the similarity, and on days 3 and 9, it was me...

Now, the pairings between individuals.
Me and Tooth didn't do well there either... but @Bellosome and @Sandie33 somehow got many pairings, especially between themselves!
You guys picked the same number 7 times out of 12, which is above statistical chance (which would be 3/12, or 1 time out of 4, since there are 4 numbers each time).

Tooth and I picked the same number only once... which is also an anomaly.

Now, for the attempt at picking a unique number.

x3O9whq.png

This time, the values who are unique for their day are highlighted in green.

We failed this time too, we never managed to pick completly different numbers.

Once again, Bellosome and Sandie33 did better than me and Tooth. They managed to pick a unique number half the time, which might be better than chance? I'm not sure...

For fun, I ran the analysis of the first experiment (same number) on our data of the second experiment. The results are in the bottom right of the image. The scores are notably lower than the first experiment, so I suppose we were doing something right...

Again, it seems Tooth and I were at fault, having the most pairs with others. I picked the same number as Tooth and Sandie33 several times, but Bellosome and I managed to avoid any pair for all 12 days.

During the experiments, I did the same thing with other groups of people, but in real-time, and with many more selections (20 and 50, instead of 12). The results were interesting, and it seems something is indeed going on.

Is it telepathy, or rather people sharing similar preferences for numbers? Difficult to say...

Last edited:

Pylo6Zo.png

On days 1 and 7, @MINFJToothFairy was the one who broke the similarity, and on days 3 and 9, it was me...

Me and Tooth didn't do well there either... but @Bellosome and @Sandie33 somehow got many pairings, especially between themselves!
You guys picked the same number 7 times out of 12, which is above statistical chance (which would be 3/12, or 1 time out of 4, since there are 4 numbers each time).

x3O9whq.png

We failed this time too, we never managed to pick completly different numbers. This is funny, considering we did pick unique numbers twice, in the first experiment (see above).

Once again, Bellosome and Sandie33 did better than me and Tooth. They managed to pick a unique number half the time, which might be better than chance? I'm not sure...

For fun, I ran the analysis of the first experiment (same number) on our data of the second experiment. The results are in the bottom right of the image. The scores are notably lower than the first experiment, so I suppose we were doing something right...

Again, it seems Tooth and I were at fault, having the most pairs with others. I picked the same number as Tooth and Sandie33 several times, but Bellosome and I managed to avoid any pair for all 12 days.

During the experiments, I did the same thing with other groups of people, but in real-time, and with many more selections (20 and 50, instead of 12). The results were interesting, and it seems something is indeed going on.

Is it telepathy, or rather people sharing similar preferences for numbers? Difficult to say...
Lol i wonder what these mean. The implications seem very interesting!

Last edited:
How did I miss this!
Ugh...
Next time please tag me!!

:<3white::<3white::<3white:

Pylo6Zo.png

x3O9whq.png

We failed this time too, we never managed to pick completly different numbers.

Thank you for all your efforts @java !!! This was an interesting expierment indeed!

So when we trying this again, but with more interest, hinty-hint? ;)

@java
How are you choosing your numbers, are you using a random number generator or just picking them yourself?
Also...after you chose the number, do you try to act as a "sender", meaning you take some time and focus on mentally sending out the number to those trying to receive it?
I would love to get more folks and run another one if you have time and are down.
Take care and much love!