Saru Inc

Schrödinger's Pussy
Donor
Sep 13, 2010
MBTI
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
I almost wrote "symptons of sleep depravity" for title. Lol.

So ever since I've been about 13, I've had a TREMENDOUSLY hard time sleeping. But now it's getting to an unbearable point. On the average night I only sleep two to three hours. And now my entire body is out of whack.

I have literally no balance anymore, like I topple over sometimes when I walk, and my legs and arms feel like they have needles sticking into them when I wear clothing. As well as I get the weirdest hot flashes, like bizarrely. My eyes are sensitive to light, and they water like crazy. I'm falling apart and I need to now a cure.

I'm aware I'm not goint to sleep anymore than I already do, so I was wondering if anyone was aware of like... pills of some kind that deal with this. I don't mean energy pills, they just exacerbate it (I took one this morning and my heart was beating out of my chest for like an hour), but I figure there has to be something out there, with so many of us who detest sleeping. (Ironically, I hate feeling tired just as much as I hate sleeping)

Any advice would love it. :mlight:

Melatonin. It's natural.
It works.. I'm probably going to go and get some tomorrow infact. I tried it years ago.

What keeps you up? I'm having the same problem. My brain won't shut down. My thoughts fly so fast my heart pounds whenever I try to rest. Breathing exercises help a little bit. Deep breaths in through your nose and long slow exhalations. I've also been able to relax and fall asleep when I let my mind wander a little..

While I try to focus on not worrying.. just letting my minds eye explore random abstract or surreal images it finds.

The symptoms I feel from lack of sleep are irritability and difficulty concentrating.

Reactions: Saru Inc
I second the melatonin. Works like a charm for me, even better than prescription drugs because of the lack of side effects outside occasional morning grogginess. It's pretty cheap too for how long a bottle lasts. :smile:

Wait, I don't want to sleep. I want to reduce the side effects of not sleeping. :m183:

I say melatonin. But your body does need breaks from it or else you may end up needing the maximum strength dosage of 5 mg instead of 1 or 3.

Ever since I was a young child I haven't been able to sleep at night without some sort of aid. It was normal for me to go to bed at 9 at night and not get to sleep until 4 in the morning- which meant I couldn't function at all at school.

My natural body clock wants me to sleep at 7 AM and get up at 4 PM. I have Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome

With melatonin, albeit a somewhat high dose, I am capable of falling asleep by 2 AM instead of 7 AM.

Wait, I don't want to sleep. I want to reduce the side effects of not sleeping. :m183:

I don't think you understand how this stuff works........

A guy wearing a red and green stripped shirt with knives for fingers...

A guy wearing a red and green stripped shirt with knives for fingers...

At first I was like "what?" then I got it.

So weird last night, I took y'alls advice and went to bed at 3am instead of 4-5am for my 9am class. And at like 430 I woke up, and my left leg was sitting in a pool of ice cold water. I thought I wet the bed (I've not wet the bed in years >.>) so I'm like "wtffff" so I run my fingers over my bedsheets, and they're completely dry. At that point I notice I can't feel my left leg. Hell, I can't even move it, it felt like (yea I know, I just said Icouldn't feel it) 10-14 cinder blocks, like it took all my strength to raise it up a little bit, and there was no water underneath it. That's when I realized all of the freezing cold liquid was INSIDE my leg. I would say it was theblood, but it was the lower half of my leg, not the entirety of it. Anyways, to test it I took a thumbtack and poked the top of my leg til I got blood, and of course I felt nothing. Then I grab my leg with my arms (which itwas then very light.... and not 15 cinderblocks :p)and just moved it next to my other one, and covered it in in a blanket. Then:

SWOOSH@!

All this heat rushed into my leg, followed by the thousand pin pricks, I then realized my leg had just fallen asleep. Then.... The pain.

The little pinprick I made felt like someone stuck a knife into my leg again. It was excruciating I was like "OMGG@!!" and fell out of my bed. It wasn't really the pain, as much as it was just the shock of it. I was like 'WAT?!'

Anyways, I hope it happens again tonight, it was a very cool feeling, just no pinpricks for me.
:m196: