Syfy's new show Defiance | INFJ Forum

Syfy's new show Defiance

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Premiered last night. What did you think?

Defiance-syfy-season-1-2013-poster.jpg

I was looking forward to this show. Not as revolutionary or stand out as I expected but may should give it some time to grow and develop. Not much for the battle stuff since it has no rhyme or reason. Plot seems easy to follow but not as intriguing. But I like a few of the characters like Irisa. She has one of the better roles and plays it well and more realistically. Her die hard but quiet/reserved persona with a killer fighter spirit and a "I can't believe we're doing this again" response to almost everything nolan does is funny. She knows him so well, that nothing he does comes as a surprise. It's one of the more believable relationships in the show. I like their quirky father/daughter pairing. They barely say a word to each other, and they what the other is thinking. The only things is, I'm confused about how old she is supposed to be. The actress is 29 but it seems Irisa is supposed to be late teens, early 20s tops. Probably 19. I also find it interesting that the character playing the prostitute is not someone who is stereotypical ideal beauty (although she is pretty) but whose appeal is in how she is, not looks specifically.

The show has it's moments. For example, I cracked up when Irisa's in jail, and tells the guard how many ways she could kill him, and he reacts with "What's wrong with you?" She's always on the defensive because she's been through so much and never knows what to expect. Always running, hunting or being hunted. Probably makes her weary of people and assume the worst.

Show would be great for personality type and Enneagram character study.

So how does the video game tie into the show?

So how does the video game tie into the show?

not sure. not really interested in video games. I'm more interested in story and characters than battles and fights.

not sure. not really interested in video games. I'm more interested in story and characters than battles and fights.

The whole show/game combo sounds kinda gimmicky to me, but if the show's alright then I suppose it's worth it.