[INFJ] - Surprized By The Infj | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Surprized By The Infj

chad

Regular Poster
Feb 4, 2015
MBTI
infp
about types who are prone unconventional things eg hypnosis,using 100% of the mind,magic,i would of thought intps and infps would be the types to experiment in all types of things like that,but no actualy the infj is the type most likley to experiment in the occult and the spiritual movnments astral project ect,.....as an infp i try all of theres things eg,,i study hypnosis,astral projectio,meditation ect,but i see infjs are more prone to this
eg in celebritytypee.com most guys like derren brown(hypnotist magician)neil strauss(pick up artist)mystery(pick up artist) brian miles(hypnotized magician) ect all those guys are actualy infjs istp's also have this to alot of istps are also like this but infjs wow never new lol?so what kind of unconventional things are you into?

I used to work in an enormous popular bookstore where we sold hundreds and hundreds of copies of "The Game". The men who purchased it always had this unappealing luster about their skin. Whenever I was asked for it I used to respond "By A. S. Byatt? I love that book!"

I think it is pretty normal for INFJs to have mystical interests. For me, the best art is magic because it creates new realities. I also have other mystical practices but I don't talk about them a lot because they are difficult to put into words, and also because other people find them either fucking weird, or pretentious.

With my mystical practice, I never take it as reality, any more than I take it as false. It's something that I work with as a useful skill in my life, as part of understanding and expressing my place in the world. For others, their mystical practice is not something that they work with, but rather, it is the truth to them. It's difficult for me to understand that, I just try to accept it.

nice! hey im also into what others would say''realy weird things' but i just love it it fulls my lust after life to explore and live to the fullest,like i love to study nlp its a very good skill to acquire

Reactions: hn87c901
No, I'm not into mystical and pseudo-scientific stuff. I'm skeptical about it, and sometimes creeped out by it. Even if I'm interested in something that could be interpreted as 'mystical', it is for different reasons than most would assume. People who know me well understand this about me, but outsiders think I'm into some far-out stuff, simply because they make assumptions.

My INFP friends are all really into this stuff. I do wish I was more like my INFP friends because they are so positive, supportive, happy and loving. (I'm not saying all INFPs are like this, but my friends are, even if they don't know each other.) I read and listen to everything they suggest, but a lot of it is too far-out, mystical/religious, or "fantastic" for me. Mostly, they're into quasi-Buddhism, mystical yoga, auras, astrology, etc.

but isnt that stuff interesting like you only would be living a half life if you did not experince anything,? as a baby you were not as awe as you are now,as a child stil not as awe now you are awe and can experince things,to increase your aweness,meditation increases aweness,so if you meditate you are become more alive

Just because I'm not interested in mystic topics and that sort of thing doesn't mean I am not always learning, and experiencing moments and deep thoughts that make me feel alive.

Just because I'm not interested in mystic topics and that sort of thing doesn't mean I am not always learning, and experiencing moments and deep thoughts that make me feel alive.

I'm very much with you Asa, but having tried to look at science and logic as far as I could, I'm truly not sure we live in a 'rational' world, in the way we'd like to believe. If you look at Cantor's work on infinity, it pretty much undermined the entire basis of mathematics. As maths is seen as the most 'perfect' form of logic it was very unwelcome, and brilliant though Cantor was he was sadly side lined for it. If you look at Quantum Mechanics, it will challenge anyone's belief in rationalism, it is so bizarre.

I think skepticism is the right approach, but although it may be uncomfortable, I think maybe one day we will discover some of the things, today dismissed as 'mysticism' actually is real and exists, we just don't understand it yet.

I communicate with spirits and summon entities.

That's very interesting. How/why do you do this ? How long has it gone on ? How do you find the experience ?

I'm very much with you Asa, but having tried to look at science and logic as far as I could, I'm truly not sure we live in a 'rational' world, in the way we'd like to believe. If you look at Cantor's work on infinity, it pretty much undermined the entire basis of mathematics. As maths is seen as the most 'perfect' form of logic it was very unwelcome, and brilliant though Cantor was he was sadly side lined for it. If you look at Quantum Mechanics, it will challenge anyone's belief in rationalism, it is so bizarre.

I think skepticism is the right approach, but although it may be uncomfortable, I think maybe one day we will discover some of the things, today dismissed as 'mysticism' actually is real and exists, we just don't understand it yet.
Agree, agree. But I also think there is a scientific explanation for most things that we're still too primitive to unravel.

Reactions: hn87c901
Agree, agree. But I also think there is a scientific explanation for most things that we're still too primitive to unravel.

I agree, but 'science' is very defensive of it's reputation, and as such is usually hostile to such issues. In truth I think the real explanation maybe so beyond us, that we might never understand in the way we hope. For me the irony is a great number of some of the best minds in maths and science, have held seemingly very strange and irrational views. There is a great book on Isaac Newton by James Gleick, if you are a geek like me lol.

I'm a huge Newton geek. :E
Science isn't hostile. It just doesn't care about emotions or opinions that cannot be backed up with 'proof'.
If it challenges our idea of what is rational, it will change our idea of what is rational.

I don't necessarily want to know. Humans will learn at a slow rate and be able to adjust the human experience to new knowledge. If I suddenly had all that knowledge I'd probably become depressed that the meaning and purpose of life as I define it could be explained via simple scientific data.

Reactions: aeon and James
@Asa very well put.

I didn't mean science was hostile generally, but I think many in that community are very very dismissive of anything that they regard as 'quackery' and unproven. I have a great interest in science, especially where discovery and education lead to improvements for humanity, and I'm mostly in agreement with their skepticism.

I think knowing 'everything' alone as an individual would probably be very dangerous, I'd feel much happier that it was shared with many others. It must be part of my geek nature, but I think I would like to understand it all. I don't think it would be a depressing equation, or data. I think it might be the most incredible, liberating experience.

There again, I thought Sue Ellen had shot JR and it turned out to be Kristin. I'm glad you like Newton, he was mad as a hatter, but an incredible scientist.

Reactions: Sandie33 and Asa
@chad
My whole thread “Merkabah” which is close to 300 pages now is all about occult, PSI, fringe science, paranormal, quantum physics, metaphysics, etc, etc.
I hope you will check it out sometime.

“Merkabah” is, indeed, a fascinating thread.

The Force is within you. It is also without you.
HA...Ha...ha...ehhhhmmm...
I guess I'm not a very convincing sage.

Last edited:
The Force is within you. It is also without you.
HA...Ha...ha...ehhhhmmm...
I guess I'm not a very convincing sage.

On the contrary, I think you are a compelling Sage, and also possess a genuine and warm sense of humor and depth of kindness. Quite a mixture, good for you.

On the contrary, I think you are a compelling Sage, and also possess a genuine and warm sense of humor and depth of kindness. Quite a mixture, good for you.

Ssshhhh....

Last edited:
Reactions: James and Asa
Ingesting heroic quantities of entheogens was all the experimenting I ever did.

Cheers,
Ian

Reactions: Skarekrow and Asa