Sudden bouts of irritation

gloomy-optimist

Used to live here
Jul 9, 2008
MBTI
INxJ
Enneagram
4w3
So let's say your having a perfectly spiffy day, and then something or someone comes along, and, although you realize it's not a big deal, you have a flair of anger.
Now, I have a decent amount of self-control, and it usually takes a bit to get me angry, but sometimes the littlest frustrations set me off. In fact, it's usually the littlest frustrations that set me off.

Is it just me, or do some of you guys relate? What irritates you, and why?

No it's not just you, I can relate, I don't understand it however...

No it's not just you, I can relate, I don't understand it however...

Oh good; I was kind of wondering if it was just a girl thing :B

I don't really get it either. I mean, when I do get angry, I often understand why, but the magnitude shocks me sometimes.

Not INFJ but this never happens to me, little things are met with a shrug big things are met with avoidance.

Sure, recon everyone gets this way at times. For me I just recognise the irritation and how I'm reacting than try to stop. Most things aren't worth getting upset about and anyway anger produces nothing positive for me.

rant
What sets me off, interruptions and expectations for me to act like the ‘sun is happily shining and fairies are floating around so lets all hold hands and blisfully chant’, pfft, maybe I look angry at times but that doesn’t mean I am HOWEVER telling me to 'smile' is the easiest way to send me down a frustrated path :mmph:
/rant

I feel better now thanks :madgrin:

Its things that build and build on each other, until one little thing irritates me and I go off. Plus I am Irish and German so I have a bit of a temper. :p

Its things that build and build on each other, until one little thing irritates me and I go off. Plus I am Irish and German so I have a bit of a temper. :p

Irish, Scot, German, Native American here

and yea, i can def relate...

whenever someone tells me to smile, i get frustrated and will walk off

and the trivial things that others disregard, i will instantly get angry at... but i also realize sometimes that it is just me within myself that causes me to react...