NeverAmI

Satisclassifaction
Retired Staff
Sep 22, 2009
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I am interested to know what mental images/associations people make with cognitive functions. I am not looking for images that conform only to theory or cookie cutter expectations. I want to know what you think of, how you associate with them. I really don't care if it is a noun, verb, etc. Post an image if you like.

Fi
Fe
Si
Se
Ni
Ne
Ti
Te

Example:

Si - 1950s family sitcom
Se - Rave and glowsticks

Fi = :mcute:
Fe = :m170:
Si = :m047:
Se = :m200:
Ni = :m190:
Ne = :m129:
Ti = :m083:
Te = :m141:

It depends, there is first the confusion of 'cognitive function' versus the various behavioural theories. So it can be a bit tricky to differentiate; there was always this definition that introverted functions are focused on the internal 'subject' and are thus subjective whilst extroverted functions are 'objective' and consider the external objects. It's not really the classic way we would use 'that is a subjective or objective' viewpoint however.

It depends, there is first the confusion of 'cognitive function' versus the various behavioural theories. So it can be a bit tricky to differentiate; there was always this definition that introverted functions are focused on the internal 'subject' and are thus subjective whilst extroverted functions are 'objective' and consider the external objects. It's not really the classic way we would use 'that is a subjective or objective' viewpoint however.

Subjective in the title is phrased in the context of the impression that a cognitive function gives being devoid of objective (external) influence. The actual subjective/objective nature of the individual cognitive functions is out of scope in the way I was phrasing it.

Did I do this thread right or have I missed the point?

Define cognitive function in your own words, if you do not mind.

Question respectfully withdrawn.

What function is worrying? One has to think to worry, one has to somewhat sense something to worry about it, one has to feel something to worry about it, and one has to judge it to worry about it. I know where science may place this, but where does the individual place it?

Last edited: