Stress! | INFJ Forum

Stress!

Tutti Frutti

Apr 13, 2009
MBTI
infj
Does anyone else here find that they stress so easily? Like every decision you make is strangely difficult? It seems like everything I do in life is wrong - to myself. Whatever I do out of wanting to do it, it goes wrong. Whatever I hate doing in the end makes me feel better.

If you are stressing about little decisions, it is probably because you are very stressed in general. The stress of making the big decisions weighs on you, and so even the little decisions receive a disproportionate amount of energy.

Does anyone else here find that they stress so easily? Like every decision you make is strangely difficult? It seems like everything I do in life is wrong - to myself. Whatever I do out of wanting to do it, it goes wrong. Whatever I hate doing in the end makes me feel better.

It gets easier, and generally less stressful, when you get older. Instead of stressing about little things like paying the rent, you'll stress out about prepping for a colonoscopy or the like.

Reactions: Rogue

Sometimes. This is more true when I'm in a new situation that is outside of my comfort zone, like when starting a new job. I like to feel people out and get a general idea of what is "the way we do things around here" and try to avoid stepping on toes. At some point when I get tired of stressing, a switch flips and my attitude just changes. At that point I just tell myself that "it is what it is and people will have to accept that this is how I'm doing it." This hasn't ever backfired on me, and usually leaves me feeling like I was too cautious to begin with.

It's rare when you can have your cake and eat it. In the meanwhile, satisfaction at a hard job well done isn't bad.

Sometimes. This is more true when I'm in a new situation that is outside of my comfort zone, like when starting a new job. I like to feel people out and get a general idea of what is "the way we do things around here" and try to avoid stepping on toes. At some point when I get tired of stressing, a switch flips and my attitude just changes. At that point I just tell myself that "it is what it is and people will have to accept that this is how I'm doing it." This hasn't ever backfired on me, and usually leaves me feeling like I was too cautious to begin with.

Yes! This is what it's like! I'm always so scared that I'll go against the grain when I do something in a certain way and it will be wrong. See at the moment I'm looking for work as I've decided to leave uni for a year, and that's what it's like as I'm looking. Maybe something I say or do will be wrong and I won't get the job. And it occurs in most, if not all, other areas of my life too. It's exhausting. I like your approach to it.

If you are stressing about little decisions, it is probably because you are very stressed in general. The stress of making the big decisions weighs on you, and so even the little decisions receive a disproportionate amount of energy.
Yes, this explains my ability to be set off rather easily. If you're already really stressed out it all comes out when something "pokes a hole" in you. Little stresses being the holes. I have very little patience if I'm overall stressed, and it makes me look like I explode at little things like I'm going from 0 to 60 right then. Its actually the case that I'm at 59.5 and that one thing tips me to 60.

I've struggled with stress ever since I was very young. No idea why. I guess I think over things way too much.
Recently, I got so subconsciously stressed I got heart palpatations again (I hadn't had them for a year or more). It's not fun >_<
I don't really think there's much you can do other than work everything out in your head so it's no longer a stress, but something you can deal with.