Straight Males Pole | INFJ Forum

Straight Males Pole

Straight Males: Would you be offended if a gay guy tells you that he does not find you sexually attr

• Straight Male: Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Male: No

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Gay or Bisexual Male - I just wanted to vote.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Female - I just wanted to vote.

Votes: 13 28.3%

• Total voters
Whut?

No I wouldn't be offended.

I'm never offended when someone tells me they don't find me attractive. Hurt if I value their opinion, but never offended unless it's clear they're just trying to hurt me.

I hold gay men's opinions as valid as straight women's opinions as to whether or not I'm attractive, and equally flattered if either finds me so.

Totally depends on the circumstance. I can be insecure at times so there is a likelihood I would be hurt to some extent, but I don't think I would be offended.

It really depends on the person. I have some gay male friends who I would be offended if they told me that, but if I didn't know them it would depend on how they say it and how they present themselves. It also makes a difference whether they are attractive or not.

So most likely, I wouldn't care.

No. How can another person's preferences of attractiveness be offensive?

Only the way it is said could offend me, but then again that is true for pretty much anything.

Kierkegaard once wrote something to the effect that if someone compliments you, you at least owe him or her a tip of your hat, but if someone criticizes you, you owe him or her nothing. I guess that's basically how I feel about someone finding me attractive or not...

If someone, anyone, didn't find me attractive, I wouldn't be offended or even obliged to respond with anything more than a shrug. I think VH summed my opinion up pretty well:

I'm never offended when someone tells me they don't find me attractive. Hurt if I value their opinion, but never offended unless it's clear they're just trying to hurt me.

I hold gay men's opinions as valid as straight women's opinions as to whether or not I'm attractive, and equally flattered if either finds me so.

I would not be offended either way.

cheers,
Ian

Pretty much the same here. I think I've gotten more overt compliments from bi males and gay males than I have straight males as of recent. I don't really get hurt if someone doesn't find me attractive though, attraction is not a choice. It might hurt a little bit if I'm actually attracted to the person, but I wouldn't feel like a ugly person.

Heh, good point.

:D

I do have friends who would be more offended if a gay guy/girl were to tell them they did or didn't think they are attractive. One comes to mind because she has this notion that gay guys are much better at determining esthetic worth. Therefore are better and more fit judges of what is attractive. It's a wrong notion, but a notion she holds.

The majority of my friends wouldn't care. But I'd imagine most of them would feel uneasy if a gay guy/girl were to say they found them attractive.

Just btw-- I'd be a little disappointed if a lesbian thought I was unattractive (I wanna be hot!)

but not offended.

And would you guys be offended if a girl thought you were not-hot?

And.... sorry to butt in...

Just btw-- I'd be a little disappointed if a lesbian thought I was unattractive (I wanna be hot!)

but not offended.

I'd be more offended if I were shot down for my personality, even though it makes sense to do so.

[mods]discussion of Male Poles split to here[/mods]

Just remember, you can have 2 girls at the same table with completely different opinions on how you look. In collage my class was eating lunch together, this one guy asked if he was cute. Now, only me and another girl dared to answer. The other girl went first and said "I don't think you're cute" in a sort of "of course you're not voice". Me, answering right after said "What?! He's extremely cute!" I was genuinly shocked that she didn't think so as well. It was probably the first moment that I really truely saw a completely different perspeption of the same person that was utterly honest. Funny thing is right after one guy in the back said "yeah he's cute" then went wide eyed realizing what he said. Awesome tension breaker.

So even if one person thinks you're a dog, it is completely possible that you are not, and that someone thinks you're super cute. As a note that guy in the example had a girlfriend too, so 3 against 1.