Stars on their shoulders, blood on their hands | INFJ Forum

Stars on their shoulders, blood on their hands

just me

Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
infj
That was quite a statement a couple of years back. War can be ugly. How the world can look away stifles me.
We arm a military with the understanding, then watch as they act worse that whom they are fighting. Think I'll have a ham sandwich, a glass of iced tea, and enjoy this heater before a nice, hot shower. How do we export that, I wonder?
Maiduguri is the center of the eight-year-old fight against Boko Haram, which has been trying to set up an Islamic caliphate in the northeast. Reuters

I'm confused, where is the war and with whom? I haven't been watching the news in quite some time.

I'm confused, where is the war and with whom? I haven't been watching the news in quite some time.
OP is describing Nigerian military resistance against Boko Haram (terrorists). This resistance unfortunately resulted in civilian casualties.

Reactions: Free and acd
OP is describing Nigerian military resistance against Boko Haram (terrorists). This resistance unfortunately resulted in civilian casualties.
Thank you @Pin . That's just terrible when there is loss like that.

Reactions: Free
On 7 March 2015, Boko Haram's leader Abubakar Shekau pledged allegiance to the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant via an audio message posted on the organisation's Twitter account.[102][103] Nigerian army spokesperson Sami Usman Kukasheka said the pledge was a sign of weakness and that Shekau was like a "drowning man".[104] That same day, five suicide bomb blasts left 54 dead and 143 wounded.[105] On 12 March 2015, ISIL's spokesman Abu Mohammad al-Adnani released an audiotape in which he welcomed the pledge of allegiance, and described it as an expansion of the group's caliphate to West Africa.[106]

On 17 May 2014, the presidents of Benin, Chad, Cameroon, Nigeria and Niger met for a summit in Paris and agreed to combat Boko Harām on a coordinated basis, sharing in particular surveillance and intelligence gathering. Goodluck Jonathan[166] and Chadian counterpart, Idriss Deby[3] have both declared total war on Boko Harām. Western nations, including Britain, France, Israel, and the United States had also pledged support including technical expertise and training.[167][168] The New York Times reported in March 2015 that hundreds of private military contractors from South Africa and other countries are playing a decisive role in Nigeria’s military campaign, operating attack helicopters and armored personnel carriers and assisting in the planning of operations.[5]

Wikipedia

Exactly how is the war against Isil going?

Reactions: Sandie33