Space | INFJ Forum

Space

the moon illusion is facinating

Carl Sagan would be so proud.

. . . the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Star Trek Enterprise, exploring strange new worlds . . .

Nebulae ;)
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The cosmic microwave background.. that light you see in the sky when you look at it through a telescope that doesn't come from stars.. it's a remnant from the Big Bang!

I tend to ask myself if time and space will ever end or is it infinite?

Is there another planet with humans?

Would aliens be friendly or hostile if they visited earth?

Those are questions definitely to consider.

I actually had a conversation with @John K last week regarding the existence of aliens, debating whether if they had the probabilities of being either hostile or friendly, and our level of connection with them as human beings.

My views still stand, I am hopeful that they exist, but I am unsure of their nature. It’s a gamble for sure. Hence why I believe we need to be kinder to one another despite the unknown out there.

The probability of another planet with humans could be likely, but very rare. Their planet would have to be a good hotspot for life and the initial factors that caused life (good position away/near the sun, tilt, internal heat, heavy bombardment, etc, etc). And for other humans to exist, they would've also gone through similar evolutionary processes and conditions as we did.

It’s a lot of factors to consider of the probability of other human existence on other planets. Could there be a chance that other humans exist though? Absolutely, the universe is way too vast and incomprehensibly huge, but it’s probably rare.

The time and space question, that’s something I still wonder myself though.

who her lieks space

lets talk about stars and planets and moons and planets

whats your favorite constellation? what spacey phenomenon blows your mind? what are ur hopes and dreams for spaaaaaaace

Missed out on this thread when you kicked it off Noise - sorry about that. Love all things from the outer darkness. Got hooked on astronomy as a kid and started thinking in Hertzsprung-Russell diagrams in my teens, but always off the main sequence ……

I think quasars are my gotos for the wow factor - black holes the mass of half a galaxy gobbling up stuff and chucking out more energy than all the rest of the starts in their surrounding galaxy put together. I'd like to be one of these when I grow up.

Hopes and dreams - I hope it isn't all just inanimate stuff. The fine tuning of the way the universe is set up is just right for life as we know it (and perhaps as we don't as well) and it's more likely you could win the lottery a thousand times in succession than this happening by chance which is weird. It doesn't look like there's anyone else around in our galaxy at the moment or their devices would already be with us. Like I said to @JennyDaniella in James's space thread my hope is that our descendants will populate the whole galaxy, though evolution may mean they look as much like us as we look like the first fishes to crawl out of the sea onto dry land.

Greatest fear:

upload_2018-10-13_20-11-3.jpeg

I tend to ask myself if time and space will ever end or is it infinite?

Is there another planet with humans?

Would aliens be friendly or hostile if they visited earth?

I don't think there are any aliens ahead of us in development in our galaxy or they'd be here already. If we head on out ourselves and meet aliens out there then it all depends - if we compete for the same types of space real estate and resources then Darwin probably rules and it becomes survival of the fittest. Doesn't necessarily mean warfare - it could be as simple as who can tolerate the widest range of interstellar environments at the lowest expenditure of resources, who self-replicates more quickly, etc.

Gosh that first question you asked Willenstarke is as big as space itself. And is this the only universe? In which case are you asking the question about just our own universe or about the matrix that holds all the universes (if there are any others)? This article is an interesting take on the subject:

https://www.edge.org/response-detail/26594

Those are questions definitely to consider.

I actually had a conversation with @John K last week regarding the existence of aliens, debating whether if they had the probabilities of being either hostile or friendly, and our level of connection with them as human beings.

My views still stand, I am hopeful that they exist, but I am unsure of their nature. It’s a gamble for sure. Hence why I believe we need to be kinder to one another despite the unknown out there.

The probability of another planet with humans could be likely, but very rare. Their planet would have to be a good hotspot for life and the initial factors that caused life (good position away/near the sun, tilt, internal heat, heavy bombardment, etc, etc). And for other humans to exist, they would've also gone through similar evolutionary processes and conditions as we did.

It’s a lot of factors to consider of the probability of other human existence on other planets. Could there be a chance that other humans exist though? Absolutely, the universe is way too vast and incomprehensibly huge, but it’s probably rare.

Good points @JennyDaniella, if other humans do exist then it's possible that they went through similar events we went through. Although, I wonder how technologically advance they are with the possibility that they do exist. Hopefully one day space travel will become prominent (gonna need that Millennium Falcon). I'd love to travel to all the planets even Pluto.

Thoughts on space travel?