soul mates

subwayrider

Into the White
Sep 26, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Anyone ever found one? I have. We both agreed that we shared that kind of a connection. As with the types, though, relationships of that nature are not static. A quote from one of my favorite films is: "love is all about timing."
I think as soon as we began talking to each other, we both knew. The first day we met, we ended up talking all night about nothing in particular.

I can only hope that I will, someday, meet someone I share that kind of a bond with again. I know these things are never planned, they can't be. And that's the beauty of it.

So... anyone?

Do I believe they exist? Yes. have I ever met mine in real life? No.

Reactions: grt$5vb
That sucks.

Define "in real life."

Hmm...Hard question for me... I actually had to look up the definition of a soulmate, to clarify my thoughts on it. "A soulmate (or soul mate) is a person with whom one has a feeling of deep or natural affinity, similarity, love, intimacy, sexuality, spirituality, or compatibility" When it comes to having a feeling of deep or natural similarity, I've felt that once recently. I did not have this impression when I talked to him online, but when we met, it was like I was talking to myself... but I wouldn't necessarily say we were soul mates? Although in my mind, I was in utter amazement, it felt as if he had a library of my life he read before hand (Whaaat? There can only be one Julia! You're not real! :m194:) My brain had an error.
But towards love.... I've been deeply in love, but not soul mate material in my eyes. My definition of a soulmate tends to be something I will never experience. But I can always dream.

I can't say for sure that I have ever met a soulmate. I don't think you can have only one either. I agree that you can meet someone who is similar to you but I am not sure I would define soulmate as someone is necessarily feels similar or the same. It could be someone quite different from you but your personal or emotional connection is so unique and so natural or comfortable that you don't have to work at it. And it doesn't have to be a romantic connection either.

Just as the term suggests, it's a soul connection. So, it's something that probably won't make sense until we meet that soul who just clicks.

Yes I believe in them, and I believe we have many ... soulmates, not singular. I have met several. I believe my best friends are my soulmates, they are my life partners. Soulmate doesn't necessarily have to mean that you are the "same" person (shit, I'd be bored if I was around "myself" all day.) To me a soulmate is someone with whom you feel connection and you enrich each other's life. They are a person that brings out the "real" you.

Even though I have this ability to feel this way with many, I am careful to give one that label. Most often b/c they interpret it as something different.

Yes I believe in them, and I believe we have many ... soulmates, not singular. I have met several. I believe my best friends are my soulmates, they are my life partners. Soulmate doesn't necessarily have to mean that you are the "same" person (shit, I'd be bored if I was around "myself" all day.) To me a soulmate is someone with whom you feel connection and you enrich each other's life. They are a person that brings out the "real" you.

Even though I have this ability to feel this way with many, I am careful to give one that label. Most often b/c they interpret it as something different.

I completely agree. . I am exactly the same way . . our soul is larger than we imagine it to be. . .

Reactions: Gaze

I love this description :)

Reactions: Sriracha
I haven't found any of my soul mates yet, but I have found 4 of my soul-siblings : )

And [MENTION=4717]subwayrider[/MENTION] is right in saying that these deeper connections are never static. The growth in the relationship is what allows the connections to sew even deeper into the heart.

It's like removing the surface stitches of a pillow to form deeper ones, ones that are stronger and would allow the pillow to be slept with, played with, and tossed around longer.

Reactions: grt$5vb
i think what you truly come to know from your soul mate
, it is not the stuff that was missing from our lives or perspectives, but the stuff that was always present amongst our consciousness only never expressed or accepted, because if we are constantly looking outwardly, how can we find the good within ourselves?
unless we first observed these traits in another somewhat like ourselves as an object of belief?
(metaphorically it's like, how we cant see ourselves, unless we look into a mirror, or water]
in the same way, soul mates should be perceived as you would a reflection in the water. with love

, in truth it seems this is physical for a reason also,- Likely pertaining to the hope of the child's potential and also the gratifying experience conceived from the interaction of such fitted energies, which all provides towards the expansion of the universe in some way,

the law of attraction seems to provide a possible insinuation towards the theory of these "soul mates" perspectives (I'd call them - "Spirit Companions")
since attraction is inevitable one can assume it is also natural, implying the fullness of consciousness is expressed as attraction, this would therefore include the necessity in human desire for companionship, relationship conditions, Achievable Purpose ETC. As attraction entity's prepared for manifestation into Form.

(to be continued) "ask if you would like to know more..."

You sound like you got wasted last night.

I'm thinking about going out drinking tonight, depend if my wife is on it, she wants to get smashed, of an e n j bottle. Keeps asking for it, I just tell her later, but she's a lightweight, she can never out drink me if i decide to go clubbing with her, she knows it as well, she's a bit slutty, last time, she got run over by some guy who owns an R1 motorbike after the club, i thought she deserved it, because she acted like some whore that night. And she got slapped by the bouncers too, both of them, so why does she think she's allowed back into that club, little slut, i think i might divorce her.

Wow... okay... um a bit too much information there! LOL

Is a soulmate a sexual relationship or can it be platonic? I have a friend who might qualify.

You should know about too much information.

Shes my little bitch, i treat her like my son though. She knows she isn't ready, she tried glory hunting with a fake persona.

LOL. what the hell are you on about?

I left interpretation of soul mate open. It doesn't have to be anything. I don't believe there's a logical basis for it. I think it's like love: you know it when you feel it, and it can't be mistaken.

Reactions: jyrffw54
If a soul-mate can't offer me any prospect of development, I would dispose of them, i find that I naturally tune myself into the good qualities of others, which assists a positive approach, still, I'm very aware of their negatives, and weaknesses, and I'm prepared to exploit them whenever the time is appropriate, or necessary.

I usually weigh the worth of an individual primarily by "how much i could learn from their character at its peak potential", what they can offer potentially in terms of external benefits, and how much respect they have for equality, i suppose i would do the same when analyzing a possible soul mate, or misses.

you will die alone.

I will rephrase something after considering it a bit more. My grandfather and I were the closest thing I've experienced to a soul mate. I'm not talking about some perverse sense of the word here. He was always the one person I knew I could talk to and be around in any situation. We were both introverts, he wasn't all that talkative, but didn't need to be. When he died it really did feel like a piece of me went missing...

Reactions: Gaze and grt$5vb
[MENTION=4717]subwayrider[/MENTION] "Timing is everything." Kudos. ;)