Some actors...any ideas??? | INFJ Forum

Some actors...any ideas???

LucyJr

Aug 10, 2013
MBTI
INFJ
Russell Crowe - don't be fooled by his cold exterior, his actually very emotional
Olivia Wilde
Kristen Stewart
Viggo Mortensen
Woody Allen
I am so interested about them, especially Russell Crowe. Any ideas ?

Reactions: Rowan Tree
Yeah, I think there have been many actors who are good at hiding their emotionality. A few of them have the striking ability to show subtle emotion but it's not recognized because we tend to look for obvious clues, assuming that only those who are very expressiveness are emotional. We assume everyone is naturally going to show their feelings quite obviously. Actors who may be good at this are Yul Brynner, classic movie star and Kevin Costner. And I would venture to say Tommy Lee Jones is a very good example. Maybe Sean Connery.

[MENTION=1669]Framed[/MENTION]
Yes, I agree. I find that many people are easily fooled by exterior. For example, Russell Crowe has been described as scary, extreme manly or other weighty titles. From the moment I saw this man in Gladiator, for the first time, he appeared to me as a very emotional man. I just knew that. Although he is emotional, he is nvertheless a very strong man, a very strong presence. The interesting thing is that many people perceive an emotional person as a very instable/invariable person, which is always predisposed to up and downs, but that is not true. That would be a "emotional wreck" sort of person haha, but anyway, the stereotype is that emotion equate weakness, which is false, of course.

Yeah, I think there have been many actors who are good at hiding their emotionality. A few of them have the striking ability to show subtle emotion but it's not recognized because we tend to look for obvious clues, assuming that only those who are very expressiveness are emotional. We assume everyone is naturally going to show their feelings quite obviously. Actors who may be good at this are Yul Brynner, classic movie star and Kevin Costner. And I would venture to say Tommy Lee Jones is a very good example. Maybe Sean Connery.

Its interesting...in the last time, i come to think of Tommy Lee Jones as a INFJ.
But I've searched on the internet, and they've typed him as being a ESTJ...

He can not be a ESTJ, there is not that "weight" to him, that maturity, althought he likes to portray himself as if he is a man who "have seen it all".
Probably they've typed him as ESTJ because of his fearlesness, and that is true. That man is like a bull-head, almost immovable, very much like ESTJs in this aspect.

Also, I very much agree with you. He is pretty emotional and sensitive, behind his tough exterior.

Well, I suck at hiding. :p

Hrrm. Yeah, it would make sense. I don't know. He could be the INFJ subtype that hides as an SP. He could be an SP. But I've figured that if this person is typed as an ESTJ, they're wrong. Interesting to see his persona ripped apart though.

None I could think of that idrlabs hasn't typed, and I also seconded with Viggo Mortensen, the rest I'm not so sure.