Social Orientation Inventory Quiz | INFJ Forum

Social Orientation Inventory Quiz

The Casanova

+Attent/Other/+Attach/+Emo/+<3/Broad/Secure
You scored 56% Attention-desiring, 63% Other-directedness, 71% Attachment-desiring, 70% Emotionality, 72% Romance-seeking, 68% Range, and 88% Secureness.

Your Bonding Quadrant: Merging

Merging=High attachment-seeking, high emotionality (merging types are prone to obsession; devotion; identity crises; offspring)

Summary: Everyone within a five-mile radius knows who you are. Your high self-confidence and pushiness might scare some people away, but overall you have no problem making and keeping relationships. You're probably loud in bed.

Here is a glossary to help you understand the cryptic, septapartite notation of your SOI type:

-Attent=low desire for attention, acknowledgement, and/or interaction
+Attent=high desire for attention, acknowledgement, and/or interaction (specific attentional needs vary from type to type)

Self=more interested in oneself than in others when interacting
Other=more interested in others than in oneself when interacting

-Attach=does not seek out long-term attachments
+Attach=seeks out long-term attachments

-Emo=prefers unemotional relationships
+Emo=prefers emotionally intense relationships

-<3=low desire for sex and/or romance
+<3=high desire for sex and/or romance

Narrow=interacts with few people
Broad=interacts with many people

Insecure=expects negative evaluation from others
Secure=does not expect negative evaluation from others

Just wasted a bunch of time taking the test and can't get the results. Grrrr

You scored 55% Attention-desiring, 59% Other-directedness, 41% Attachment-desiring, 35% Emotionality, 45% Romance-seeking, 26% Range, and 44% Secureness.
Your Bonding Quadrant: Distant

[h=1]The Complainer[/h]
-Attent/Self/+Attach/-Emo/+<3/Narrow/Insecure
You scored
34% Attention-desiring,
41% Other-directedness,
66% Attachment-desiring,
44% Emotionality,
75% Romance-seeking,
29% Range, and
44% Secureness.
Your Bonding Quadrant: Companionate

Reactions: Nixie
I feel like I've wasted my time cause they didn't say anything new or important

The Badass Older Sibling
-Attent/Self/-Attach/-Emo/+<3/Narrow/Secure
You scored 37% Attention-desiring, 40% Other-directedness, 43% Attachment-desiring, 45% Emotionality, 77% Romance-seeking, 23% Range, and 53% Secureness.
Summary: You tend to live in your own head and not care much for others. You don't get too close, and you don't put much effort into keeping particular people in your life. Your strongest social drives are for sex and romance sans ball/chain/U-Hauls/other symbols of commitment.

[h=1]The Injured Kitten[/h] -Attent/Other/+Attach/+Emo/+<3/Narrow/Insecure
You scored 21% Attention-desiring, 59% Other-directedness, 69% Attachment-desiring, 52% Emotionality, 64% Romance-seeking, 18% Range, and 46% Secureness.
Summary: You can do without much acknowledgment and recognition, and you enjoy spending time alone. Nevertheless, you make an effort to hold onto the few important people in your life, especially sexual/romantic partners. It is important that your relationships be close and intense while allowing you enough space. You are likely to be shy.

The Casanova

You scored 51% Attention-desiring, 60% Other-directedness, 55% Attachment-desiring, 50% Emotionality, 51% Romance-seeking, 97% Range, and 94% Secureness.

[h=1]The Low-Maintenance Friend[/h]-Attent/Other/+Attach/+Emo/-<3/Narrow/Secure
You scored 44% Attention-desiring, 80% Other-directedness, 75% Attachment-desiring, 64% Emotionality, 45% Romance-seeking, 39% Range, and 66% Secureness.
Summary: You can do without much acknowledgment and recognition, and you enjoy spending time alone. Nevertheless, you make an effort to hold onto your few friendships, which satisfy you the most when they are close and intense (but you don't want them to be that way all the time). Your social life is important but definitey not the foundation on which your self-esteem rests. The Low-Maintenance Friend is the type most likely to act as a shoulder for platonic, opposite-gendered friends to cry on about their relationship woes; self-reliant as you are, you often don't get why your lovelorn friends can't just DTMFA.

Your result for The Social Orientation Inventory ...

The Obscure Object of Desire

-Attent/Other/-Attach/-Emo/+<3/Narrow/Secure

You scored
41% Attention-desiring
60% Other-directedness
49% Attachment-desiring
46% Emotionality
82% Romance-seeking
27% Range
69% Secureness.

Summary: You can do without much acknowledgment and recognition, and you enjoy spending time alone. You don't get too close, and you don't put much effort into keeping particular people in your life. Sexual/romantic partners may get frustrated with your need for space.

-Attent=low desire for attention, acknowledgement, and/or interaction
Other=more interested in others than in oneself when interacting
-Attach=does not seek out long-term attachments
-Emo=prefers unemotional relationships
+<3=high desire for sex and/or romance
Narrow=interacts with few people
Secure=does not expect negative evaluation from others

Distant=Low attachment-seeking, low emotionality (distant types are the most autonomous and the most avoidant)

Interesting test...sounds about right...LOL

Last edited:
The Screenwriter

-Attent/Self/+Attach/+Emo/+<3/Narrow/Secure

You scored 48% Attention-desiring, 43% Other-directedness, 77% Attachment-desiring, 77% Emotionality, 59% Romance-seeking, 40% Range, and 53% Secureness.

Summary: You tend to live in your own head and do not get too invested in the details of others' lives, but you do make an effort to hold onto important relationships, especially sexual/romantic ones. It is important that your relationships be close and intense while not robbing you of your autonomy.

--

I gotta be honest these results don't make much sense to me. But the summary sounds pretty much dead on.

[h=1]The Mixed Signal[/h]-Attent/Other/+Attach/+Emo/+<3/Broad/Insecure
You scored 49% Attention-desiring, 77% Other-directedness, 73% Attachment-desiring, 59% Emotionality, 73% Romance-seeking, 53% Range, and 34% Secureness.
Summary: You can do without much acknowledgment and recognition, and you enjoy spending time alone. Nevertheless, you like to have close, intense relationships

The Outcast

-Attent/Other/-Attach/-Emo/-<3/Narrow/Insecure

You scored 25% Attention-desiring, 91% Other-directedness, 29% Attachment-desiring, 41% Emotionality, 35% Romance-seeking, 19% Range, and 49% Secureness.

Summary: You can do without much acknowledgment and recognition, and you enjoy spending time alone. You don't get too close* or put much effort into keeping particular people in your life. Although you do take some interest in others, your shyness may prevent you from acting on that interest.

Hm.

*That's mostly what's true out of that particular sentence. I don't get too close because my close relationships with people typically haven't ended well, but I'm working on opening myself up again, regardless of my fears of what might happen if I take down my walls and let people in... Also, I guess that I've lost a fair amount of people, so in an attempt to negate the possibility that I'd lose someone close, I don't let myself get all that close to anyone. Not a great idea, then one loses out on not only bad, but also the good and everything inbetween. In regards to how I feel about people in general, though, I strongly focus on them, their needs, and their happiness, AKA, put in effort. I still have trouble forging those bonds, but I care enough to not neglect their well-being, no matter how close (or not close) I'm willing to let myself get to them.

Shyness preventing me from acting on those interests? *blush* yeah.

The Screenwriter

Summary: You tend to live in your own head and do not get too invested in the details of others' lives, but you do make an effort to hold onto important relationships, especially sexual/romantic ones. It is important that your relationships be close and intense while not robbing you of your autonomy.

lol people aren't buildings

The Cabin in the Woods

-Attent/Other/+Attach/-Emo/+<3/Narrow/Insecure
You scored 40% Attention-desiring, 64% Other-directedness, 63% Attachment-desiring, 49% Emotionality, 64% Romance-seeking, 38% Range, and 40% Secureness.
Summary: You can do without much acknowledgment and recognition, and you enjoy spending time alone. Nevertheless, you make an effort to hold onto the few important people in your life, especially romantic partners. Interpersonal relationships are more about shared interests than shared emotions for you. You are likely to be shy.

Reactions: grt$5vb
The Casanova

+Attent/Other/+Attach/+Emo/+<3/Broad/Secure

You scored 54% Attention-desiring, 84% Other-directedness, 62% Attachment-desiring, 67% Emotionality, 76% Romance-seeking, 51% Range, and 75% Secureness.

Summary: Everyone within a five-mile radius knows who you are. Your high self-confidence and pushiness might scare some people away, but overall you have no problem making and keeping relationships. You're probably loud in bed.

cheers,
Ian

This goes well with my Broken Heart result on the Heart Test:

Your result for The Social Orientation Inventory ...

[h=1]The Beaten Puppy[/h] +Attent/Self/+Attach/-Emo/+<3/Narrow/Insecure
You scored 51% Attention-desiring, 53% Other-directedness, 71% Attachment-desiring, 45% Emotionality, 89% Romance-seeking, 19% Range, and 46% Secureness.
Summary: You crave regular acknowledgment and recognition from others. You make an effort to hold onto the few important people in your life, especially romantic partners. Interpersonal relationships are more about shared interests than shared emotions for you. You are likely to be shy.

Reactions: grt$5vb
[h=1]The Injured Kitten[/h]
-Attent/Other/+Attach/+Emo/+<3/Narrow/Insecure
You scored 46% Attention-desiring, 67% Other-directedness, 64% Attachment-desiring, 64% Emotionality, 70% Romance-seeking, 19% Range, and 21% Secureness.
Summary: You can do without much acknowledgment and recognition, and you enjoy spending time alone. Nevertheless, you make an effort to hold onto the few important people in your life, especially sexual/romantic partners. It is important that your relationships be close and intense while allowing you enough space. You are likely to be shy.