Social Media and Current Events

say what

I like soft things...so soft!
Jan 8, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4..maybe?
This morning I listened to this really interesting segment on the use of social media in the current ISIS movement (http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/episod...-is-using-social-media-to-spread-its-message/). It posed a really interesting perspective of how social media can be used to recruit individuals for certain movements, but also spread messages that non-governmental sects want the public to know (true or false). One of the questions was whether or not they should leave the profiles and information up for counter-terrorism information, or if they should take it down immediately (for me, this then goes into the 'freedom of speech' ethics).

What do you think about the use of social media in today's world? How does it change how radical sects spread their message? Is it good? Bad? Should we stop it? Promote it? What are it's implications?

Reactions: muir
ISIS is formed and funded by the CIA and the gulf state monarchies such as Qatar

They are using it to destabilise the region as part of a plan to isolate Iran which is one of the handful of countries around the world that does not have a Rothschild controlled central bank

They are also using it to pressure the Iraqi government. They could potentially break Iraq up into fragments

Before Us intervention Iraq was a strong nationalist country that was able to negotiate a price for its oil wth the west. Now it is a weakened and divided country which the west can exploit

So social media is not responsible for ISIS.

ISIS is full of mercenaries and freed prisoners as wll as jihadis.

The US gvernment is stepping up its efforts against government opposition through things like the Minerva Initiative:

[video=youtube;JGuiQfr17kI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGuiQfr17kI[/video]

ISIS is formed and funded by the CIA and the gulf state monarchies such as Qatar

They are using it to destabilise the region as part of a plan to isolate Iran which is one of the handful of countries around the world that does not have a Rothschild controlled central bank

They are also using it to pressure the Iraqi government. They could potentially break Iraq up into fragments

Before Us intervention Iraq was a strong nationalist country that was able to negotiate a price for its oil wth the west. Now it is a weakened and divided country which the west can exploit

So social media is not responsible for ISIS.

ISIS is full of mercenaries and freed prisoners as wll as jihadis.

The US gvernment is stepping up its efforts against government opposition through things like the Minerva Initiative:

[video=youtube;JGuiQfr17kI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGuiQfr17kI[/video]

What do you think of their strategy to use social media to publicize their moment and actions so far?

Good or bad its a fact.
Every knew technology will be used in ways not originally planned.

What do you think of their strategy to use social media to publicize their moment and actions so far?

Sorry could you explain further what you mean?

Sorry could you explain further what you mean?

Sorry! I had a typo there- well ISIS is posting information about what they're doing and a lot of it is conflicting with what the Iranian government is saying. Essentially, they are using social media for propaganda (some would say it's not, but for the sake of what I'm saying, I'm choosing to say that their social media messages are propaganda). Given the fact that social media has drastically changed how we communicate and take in information, I wonder what the impact will be. It's easy enough to follow a twitter account to keep up with what they're saying, but does that mean you're inadvertently adhering to what they're spouting? How will millions of people having access to their messages and propaganda impact their agenda?

I'm just curious to know how people see the use of social media in this situation, and others. I mean, it's kind of an interesting choice of tools that ISIS is using.

Sorry! I had a typo there- well ISIS is posting information about what they're doing and a lot of it is conflicting with what the Iranian government is saying. Essentially, they are using social media for propaganda (some would say it's not, but for the sake of what I'm saying, I'm choosing to say that their social media messages are propaganda). Given the fact that social media has drastically changed how we communicate and take in information, I wonder what the impact will be. It's easy enough to follow a twitter account to keep up with what they're saying, but does that mean you're inadvertently adhering to what they're spouting? How will millions of people having access to their messages and propaganda impact their agenda?

I'm just curious to know how people see the use of social media in this situation, and others. I mean, it's kind of an interesting choice of tools that ISIS is using.

I see thanks for clarifying

The thing to understand about 'terrorism' is that it is about creating MAXIMUM EFFECT for minimum investment

It can be used by two groups

It can be used by small groups who lack funds and resources so they use terror tactics or guerilla tactics to punch above their weight as a way to try to force negotiation or defeat from their opponent or to try and draw global attention to their cause

However the state can also use terror

An extreme example of state terror would be the bombing of hiroshima and nagasaki which sent a message to the russians that the US had a new and terrifying weapon as a warning that the red army should not advance across europe

In 1953 the CIA sent an operative into Iran with lots of money. He used the money to buy support for a coup against the democratically elected leader who was a nationalist and believed that Iranians should get a good deal for their own oil

This coup saw that leader thrown out and a royal, the 'shah' put into power who was a pro-US puppet

By doing this the CIA (who are the enforcement wing of the CFR) learned that it was far cheaper and cleaner to send in a few people with lots of cash then it was to send in standing armies (it also allowed them plausible deniability with the public. For example its only recently with the declassification of documents that the CIA hae been proven to have been behind this 1953 coup in Iran)

You can hear an ex CIA operative explaining how this process works here:

[video=youtube;AynGBMUgdmg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AynGBMUgdmg[/video]

This tactic has been used by the CIA many times since around the world.

For example 'Al Qaeda' was the name of the CIA file of mujahideen fighters that they funded and armed to fight the USSR in Afghanistan

Among these fighters that the CIA armed, trained and funded was Osama Bin Laden who the US used as a fall guy to cover the tracks of the CIA and Mossad after the false flag attack they themselves carried out against the world trade centre (911). This false flag attack was carried out to justify the plans the CFR had for invading various countries in the middle east

Modern day 'Al Qaeda' is simply a continuation of these fighters who all have ties to the US

Iran is SHIA and Iran does not have a Rothschild controlled central bank. This is why Netenyahu of Israel has recently publically told the US government NOT to work with Iran in tackling ISIS because Israel was created by and is controlled by the Rothschilds who are working towards creating a one world government controlled by them

The rothschilds want to takeover Iran, gain access to her oil and markets and to instal their central banking system there as a fuetherstep towards one world government. To do this they want to destroy any governments of neighbouring countries so that they can isolate Iran in order to weaken her, sanction her and surround her with weaponry whilst also trying to subvert her from within like they did before

Here is a clip of a 4 star US general explaining that this has been the plan of the US for while now; they wanted to take down 7 countries, in 5 years, one after the other and that is why there has been all this mayhem in the middle east:

[video=youtube;9RC1Mepk_Sw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw[/video]

ISIS are composed of sunni mercenaries paid for by the QATARI royal family, the saudi royal family and the CIA and Mossad

They were being used to attack the syrian government, now they are being used to attack the SHIA Iraqi government

What the US does not want is for SHIA Iran to gain greater influence in predominantly SHIA Iraq so they want to try and fracture Iraq up into 3 main parts: kurdish, shia and sunni so that Iran does not gain access to all of Iraqs oil reserves

This is crucial because Iran is creating a new market for oil with Russia, china and other countries to trade oil in non US dollar currencies which will speed the decline of the US dollar as the world reserve currency (all the US has used this economic adavnatage for is to build a big military that it uses to bully the world)

The iraqi army just dumped all their weapons and hardware and retreated into the sunni triangle so that ISIS could get hold of all that hardware, because THEY WERE ORDERED TO DO SO as part of the plan; the army detachments were probably sunni and under the influence of pro-US command

So the US wants to use ISIS to further their interests in Iraq and to destabilise the area and to maximise the terror they use social media and they use the western corporate mainstream media because they want to MAXIMISE the terror impact of ISIS by creating as MUCH MEDIA HYPE AS POSSIBLE

If the US really wanted to stop ISIS they could take out its strategic command with a few well placed tomahawks

Last edited:
Reactions: say what
Good or bad its a fact.
Every knew technology will be used in ways not originally planned.

That's my view pretty much, there's questions about whether or not you should attempt to engage people through social media too, not just the hassels which accompany regular trolls but the less savoury and more cooky Cape Fear variety, for which the internet and social media is a God send, then the politicised element is another question altogether, they tend to have the same problems as the other groups but have violent tendencies too and attempting to engage them in any way can bring you on to the authorities radar too as a suspect even if you're attempting to counter the sorts of tendencies which are referred to as "radicalisation".

I suspect that since 9/11 the US has wanted to attack Iran and is probably not worried about Sunni power growing the middle east because it could give the Iranian Sheits (spelling) an alternative "great satan" to be worried about as opposed to the US.

That said it is a mess that western authorities dont want to deal with because they have the problem of people volunteering to go into pretty traumatising and violent situations, from what are pretty sheltered parts of the world, and then possibly bringing that struggle home.