So I have to be aloof and play hard to get it seems.... | INFJ Forum

So I have to be aloof and play hard to get it seems....

Artemisia

Community Member
May 20, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
I think I have finally solved my relationship problem. (sarcasm here). It seems like I have to be aloof and play hard to get. Basically the busier I am and the less often I see or talk to a guy, the more he wants me and chases. The second I show interest, he bolts.

So is this how relationships pan out these days? If this is how it is, no thanks. My version of "playing hard to get" will not be playing at all.....it is actually genuine disinterest.

Sometimes it happens. Curiosity? Neg kind of feeling? Like--
"HOW DARE S/HE IGNORE ME I'M GOING TO SHOW HER"

or even a deeper issue like "OH NO S/HE IGNORES ME DOES THIS MEAN I AM WORTHLESS?"

I have had great success using this tactic in my younger years. Once I figured out this was happening I used it with no remorse. Women it seems are like moths to the flame when they encounter this.
In my later years this has become a curse. I knowingly attempt to make sure I do not use this manipulation and it has the opposite effect.

I have had great success using this tactic in my younger years. Once I figured out this was happening I used it with no remorse. Women it seems are like moths to the flame when they encounter this.
In my later years this has become a curse. I knowingly attempt to make sure I do not use this manipulation and it has the opposite effect.

Presumably now you are interested in an older age group of women. Yeah, once past the age of 30, women will not put up with this behavior for long.

I'm so sick of games I could puke. :D

Presumably now you are interested in an older age group of women. Yeah, once past the age of 30, women will not put up with this behavior for long.

Perhaps. But I would mention that pretending not to be interested was easy as I am an introvert anyway. Being a guy it was very easy to have interest in women from a physical stand point, I simply stopped acting on it understanding its source as being lust.
So these days its difficult for me to find even the simplest type of relationship because I am unwilling to jump in the sack so to speak instantly. Women have a tendency to believe after you have slept with them it means you are in love with them. And...try to have a conversation with them saying hey look I like you but odds are Ill not love you... doing this in what you believe to be their best interest. I have never found that to go over well.

Understanding something is true is not the same as manipulation. I cant change it and if I never allow for it I sikply know theres never any hope of a relationship. As you say the times I have displayed interest are most often the times the woman decides I am of no interest to her. So, what is one to do?

As for age group I find that older women are set in their ways and that can be unappealing, at least to me. I am talking about women my own age group or older. I still want to do things, not sit at home and stare out the windows. I want to live while I am still alive. And by doing things I do not mean attending social gatherings. I can stomach those about twice a year. Ones life however does not suddenly become gathering after a certain age.

Last edited:
It's a simple law of humanity.

Humans want what they can't get.

I wonder if this applies to my generation (millennials). I've met plenty of women who want interest shown in them and then get to know them rather than play games. Could be a specific type of female we're talking about, everyone is different after all.

As for OP, it sounds like the same problem you mentioned in your other thread, where the guys you are meeting aren't mature to handle a relationship and are simply following lust. But there's bound to be someone out there looking for more; I posit you are looking in the wrong places.

Well, I must be on high demand then, unless among women it is different.