So far, what has your favorite anime that has been released this year? | INFJ Forum

So far, what has your favorite anime that has been released this year?

nosferatu

Community Member
Sep 27, 2014
MBTI
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I think my favorite has to be Parasyte. I liked the animation, it didn't piss me off, I have a lot of issues with how anime is drawn these days. Honestly if I'm picking up that the animator can't even draw human body parts correctly, or understands anatomy, I think I'm done. Not a fan of alien looking people with huge creepy eyes.

Parasyte ended on a good note for me, where I can see opening for a sequel... It just made sense throughout the entire story too. Maybe not at first obviously, but the plot ties together nicely, and there isn't too much filler leaving you hanging.

I also enjoyed the sentience theme, and how our perceptions and attitudes can even influence supposed creatures that have no capacity for empathy. That and I like the idea that more than often, it is the human mind, wandering in loneliness, trying to find things to connect with out of desperation, and through that leaves some sort of cosmic gateway for entities that supposedly should not exist on this planet, exist - and the fact our own minds actually keep these things alive (sometimes more-so than our bodies). What's the reason? Oh you're actually the reason! Your own mind keeps this stuff alive and functioning.

IT depends on what you decide to be "this year"
you could refer to school year or to the actual changing of the year on the calendar.

If the latter.
Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works.

I really like story and setting for Fate/stay night's unlimited blade works.
It's nice and original in story and refreshing in it's new takes on legendary heroes some of us all know. :)

If you refer to this school year then:
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

It's not as amazing a story as when read in the light novels, but It's a really nice anime to watch non-the less.
Again it's a fun and original setting, but with a refreshing take on modern magic that makes all it worth seeing.

Both of these however have one thing in common and that is that they are of a more serious nature than the majority of anime these past few seasons.
Both of these are innovative in their genres and do something that ensures their lines are not blurred with the other media formats in that genre.
They're something special worth watching because they're something different than what you have become used to.