Trifoilum

find wisdom, build hope.
Dec 27, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Another musing, this time taken from a .../cough, manga

Which is better, to be a happy idiot or a miserable genius?

Happy idiot. I'd rather just be happy any day. At least I'd be content with my stupid self. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Bandit
Personally I say a miserable genius. Sure, whether one is a happy idiot or a miserable genius one can make a difference in the world but, from my perspective, it seems as though one might be more able to make a larger difference

Miserable genuis. So I could make stuff to make everyone happy ^^"

Idiot is an unfortunate term once used when referring to someone with an intellectual disability that left them functioning at the level of a two year old. I've worked with many very happy people that fit this criterion. So I would chose this over a life of misery.

no se'. lo siento

I suppose i didn't answer the question... My first instinct would say miserable genius, though i don't know why. Seems like happy idiot would be a whole lot easier to live with...

Last edited:
The true miracle would be starting out as an unhappy genius and ending up as a happy idiot.

This reminds me of Flowers For Algernon. Is ignorance bliss? I don't even have an answer, and I've had, like, five years to think about it.

Somehow, I think either option is quite tragic. And, really, you can't define happiness; doesn't it depend a lot on your outlook on life? Your own happiness is something you can control to an extent (not considering circumstances outside of your control or involving other people).

Reactions: rawr
I'd rather be a miserable genius who meets up with a happy idiot who would take me into his wonderland. we'll be happily idiotic then!!!!!!! :mhula:

I choose reality, miserable genius. My thirst in life is to know more, I don't want to know who I would be if that wasn't me.

Happy idiot. If I'm happy, I'm set.

since i know no other, i'll go with happy idiot ;)

My own answer would be a miserable genius.

I..don't know the reason yet, but I know that I theoretically chose it over being a happy idiot.

My reasoning for happy idiot is that life is too short and fleeting to be upset all the time.

Happy idiot, as the saying goes: ignorance is bliss!

Miserable genius, provided I use the genius to add to the happiness of the world I guess. If I were to be selfish about it I would choose happy idiot.