Sleep and effectivity

futuresound7

Banned
Jan 31, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I've observed that I need at least 8-10h sleep to feel effective. If I get proper
amount of sleep I'm more confident, driven and less random.

3-5h
I'm scattered, nutty and disoriented, I appear like an ESxP. I haven't experienced
long period of this but I guess it would be destructive.

5-7h
I'm quite energetic, extroverted, littlebit crazy and funny, but if this stage continues
for 1-3 days my external performance suffers. I get social anxiety and I just want
to withdraw.

8h
This is fairly neutral.

9-10h
I'm externally and mentally very effective, able to think clearly and sharply and
to manage different situations and people. Ni and Fe works in full capacity,
Ti works effortlessly and smoothly and I'm able to summon Se from the depths
of my unconsciousness to help me if needed.

11->h
Too much, I'm dazed.

How much sleep do you need? How much does it affect your performance?

Last edited:
well I have not fully researched this...but I do notice that if I dont get enough sleep I am crabby, dysfunctional and scattered...

and no matter WHAT time I go to bed...I am awake at sunup...

Well, I have not fully researched it either but I've gone without sleep and done things like drive straight through stop signs the following day. It also makes me short-tempered and kind of depressed.

Not good. I don't recommend it.

I usually do well with 7-8 hours, however. Very ordinary!

I found out many years ago when I was doing a lot of writing that my work was much better (at least I thought so) when I was well rested. Since then I have tried to get plenty of sleep.

sounds about like me, Falling Inward. (love your username and avatar btw.) It seems interesting though, that with lack of sleep our personality preferences divert. Not so much that it diverts, but rather HOW it diverts. I would think that a tired introvert would be even more introverted. Not always, at least you and i seem more extraverted with less sleep. Though if it is consistent less sleep, i get more on the scattered side of things.

lol I get a bit crazy when I am really tired. I forget how to translate from the ideas in my head (I usually see ideas as images) and make no sense. Kooky, I know. If I don't sleep then I don't exercise, and then I can end up feeling depressed. Sleep is good.

Sleep and efficiency.

I need about ten hours to not feel sluggish. My body needs lots of rest, apparently.
Though I have gone for days on 3 or 4 hours.. When I have only that many hours for sleeping, my heart feels like it's exploding with adrenalin or something for the rest of the day and I actually feel kinda worked up and hyper and weary at the same time.

I've gone 48 hours without sleep once and I just laughed at everything.

I can get by with 3hrs/day for about two weeks before crashing. (Crashing is what I call the stage at which I cannot function effectively at work).

I can get by with 4hrs/day for months. (If I get an 8hr sleep-in at least every two weeks).

I normally sleep about 5hrs/day and am effective.

On holidays I don't set an alarm and I can sleep about 10hrs/day for a week before going back to 8hrs/day. When I sleep like this I feel really, really good about everything.

I like to get at least 8 hours of sleep, if not more. If I sleep for more than 12 hours though I feel extremely sluggish.

I work nights though and I've unfortunately gotten used to that schedule, even when I don't work. I haven't gone to bed before 5am in the past month or two, regardless of what time I need to be waking up. I've gotten 3 hours of sleep a night (if I'm lucky) for the past week. I'll be crashing soon me thinks, but thankfully finals are almost over.

I get like 5 or 6 hours sleep lately, I is tired.

(love your username and avatar btw.)

Thanks a lot : )) Yours is really sweet too!

It seems interesting though, that with lack of sleep our personality preferences divert. Not so much that it diverts, but rather HOW it diverts. I would think that a tired introvert would be even more introverted. Not always, at least you and i seem more extraverted with less sleep. Though if it is consistent less sleep, i get more on the scattered side of things.

Yup it's strange, maybe introverted functions need more sleep because they are
stimulated from within. So when Ni and Ti have no time to get fully recharged our
brains resort to Fe and Se as temporary surviving method.
:m027:

I've gone 48 hours without sleep once and I just laughed at everything.

I've been there.. :D

Last edited: