Similar Partners

Poetic Justice

Meh
Donor
Dec 12, 2008
MBTI
INTP
Enneagram
How similar to yourself would your ideal partner be?

What aspects of your personality would drive you nuts if you had to put up with it in a partner?

What aspects of your personality do you feel are essential (or just really important) in a partner?

If you could somehow meet yourself do you think you would get along?

i want someone who like to be outside like me. and they would have to love kids and somewhat like animals (i love them both). and have similar morals

i'm kinda shy when i meet new people so if the realtionship is going to even begain they'll have to a little more outgoing then me. it will probably drive nuts if they could get as stubborn as i do.

morals - not the same religion, but the same sense of whats right and wrong

if i meet myself i think we could get alone, but it would be hard to start a good relationship. i can easily talk to strangers but when it comes to lasting friendship i tend to push people away.

I don't know that I would want someone like me personality wise. that would be too much! I do however like dark hair and eyes rather than blond hair and blue eyes. I find Native men the most attractive.

What aspects of your personality would drive you nuts if you had to put up with it in a partner?
Probably my indifference

What aspects of your personality do you feel are essential (or just really important) in a partner?
Probably my indifference

No! Absolutely not.

I've been thinking about this sort of thing lately since I got my boyfriend to take the MBTI and Enneagram. :p

Similar enough to understand and support me, but different enough to keep it interesting.
My partner and I right now -are- really similar, and it's been backed up by the tests, in my opinion. We both consistently test as INFJ and 6w5, which kinda confirms to us the feeling we already had, that we're like one person in two bodies, in a way.

My insecurity. I do crave security from people, and when I don't feel I have it I tend to get a bit clingy or bitchy. I can really see how that must be a bit annoying.

I'm a really loving and affectionate person. I love to shower my partner in kisses, hugs and whatnot. But I also need my alone time. I've had boyfriends who didn't appreciate that at all, or took it as a personal insult. I seriously need someone who can understand that it has nothing to do with them - I just need to be alone sometimes!

I think it depends what version of myself was running that day. Happy, friendly, secure me? Yeah, maybe. I try to be as friendly to new people as I can, unless they rub me up the wrong way initially (and then it's hard for me to change my view of them). If I was feeling tearful, anxious and insecure, I'd probably want to nurture myself so I guess I can see that working too. :p

-i have no clue, everytime i think i have an idea of someone who would be a good match - someone who is somewhat similar in some way or possible quite different, it just doesn't quite work or fit for whatever reason.

- intensity, i can worrisome, and too cautious

- loyalty, sensibilility, honesty, ability to be serious and have a sense of humor

- no, sadly i would find her highly irritating :D

Last edited:
Well, historically I have been drawn to that crazy INTP type and so this is what I tend to project upon my (imaginary) ideal partner. We are both introverted and we share similar twisted senses of humour (and similarly twisted sex drives too). However, he is more traditionally intellectual than I am and there's the whole "big theories" thing that he loves to spout off about. I love to listen and stoke the fires, but I don't usually initiate such conversations.

Insecurity, indecisiveness, sloth.

Respect for one anothers space, unique interests and private time. I don't think I could cope with someone who needed to participate in everything I do (or conversely needed me to love everything they love). It's definitely a continuum -> my stuff, our stuff, your stuff. Compatible sense of humour is definitely a must-have as well.

I think myself and I could have a roaring good time making each other laugh and bantering back and forth. However, I wouldn't want to have to be paying myself compliments to help myself deal with disappointments (ugh). Also, I don't know how we would ever get out of our respective houses as we would both be waiting for the other one to initiate a social invitation to an acceptable venue. Enjoy the wait, me's! :roll:

Similarity in some aspects and very different in others. For example I think that similar views in regards to values and goals in life are important, but I wouldn't want my partner to have the same interests as I do.

Up-tightness, punctuality, essentially not being spontaneous enough.

Respect for one another, from respect in regards to privacy to respect for one another's opinions, time, goals and needs.

I think we would get along just fine, but I would never want my partner to be someone like me, I find opposites much more appealing.

There are definitely some things that I would prefer if we agreed upon..but honestly, I don't have an "ideal partner" concept (purposefully, mind you) so I don't know how much we would be and wouldn't be alike.

Lack of emotional expression (although I'm trying to get better). Basically never knowing what the person is feeling because he/she chooses to not let you in..or genuinely doesn't know..would be annoying. Also, obsessively analyzing of a subject when I don't share that interest. ie I can go days learning about something, being immersed in it fully and if my partner did the same thing, and I didn't think the thing she was obsessing over was very interesting, and she chose the thing over me (which I would do myself, so I wouldn't blame her) then I would get upset.

Not much. Everyone has their own ways of dealing with issues..and such differences shouldn't imo get in the way of making a relationship work. So "essential"..nothing. But "very important" maybe open mindedness, inquisitiveness, non-judgementalness.
Ha, now that I think about it..probably not. I'm very reserved when it comes to meeting people. I'd probably think I was too quiet. If we got to talking, and we were in full agreement on everything, I'd wonder what value does the the relationship have in the first place? There is no learning opportunity. But then again, I never have my mind 100% made up..and I do love to argue about things..so maybe we wouldn't even have agreement on anything? In that case..yes. Someone who likes to argue and won't take it personally when I say he's wrong? Yes please..

Must appreciate abstract ideas. Those who are too reality based are difficult for me to relate to. Must not want children or can accept the fact that I don't. Extroversion and spontaneity are nice but not too extreme please. Generous spirit needed to counteract my lack of such. I'm open minded regarding religion and race. Somewhat closeminded towards foreigners.

Abruptness. Lightning quick temper. Paralyzing fear of losing myself in another person.

I'm a really good listener. You don't have to tell me twice. Intensely loyal.

Not at all. I totally get why I irritate other people.