Signs of Attraction

Breeze

Community Member
Jun 17, 2012
UK
MBTI
INFJ
Hello everyone,

This one is kind of a personal thing that I want other people's advice on.

I've never asked a girl out in my life even though I've been out with a few, they've always asked me out and the girls I've always been out with have always been roughly the same age though no one ever older than me. At the moment there's a girl I like who goes to the same Japanese class as me in London, she's a few years older tan me but we have a lot of things in common as well as (I think) I'm getting some obvious signs from her that she likes me.

One of the biggest problems is I have no idea how to ask her out. She's 3-4 years older than I and I'm worried that if I ask her but she doesn't like me then I may very well make her feel awkward about having to see me every week in class but I've got such a strong hunch (gut feeling) that she might actually say yes.

My first question is: Shall I risk it, yes or no? and if yes how should I go about it?

And my second question is: are you in the same predicament as I am? or what have your experiences in the predicament been?

(Because I'm fairly certain that I'm not the first person that this has happened to).

Risk it.

No, I am not in the same predicament. I ask the ones I like out.

You are just asking her out right? Not to get married? I mean if she doesnt like you in that way she will just say no thank you. Unless you are asking her to "go out with you", AKA go steady, like in middle school. That would be lame.

Ask her out for coffee after class one day and see how she responds.

Not for marriage ^^; just to see her more, we only see each other Thursday evenings and to maybe go out with her as her boyfriend. :)

Take the risk. As the saying goes, "no guts no glory". Say how you feel and then let the chips fall where they may. At the very least then you'll know where you stand. Whatever happens after that will happen. Even if you feel a bit uncomfortable if she says no it's a hec of a lot better then always wondering what if. No and it's after effects only last a little while, wondering what if lasts a freaken life time. Good luck!!

i'd go with my gut feeling - ask her out. hopefully, this is what she's waiting for. :)

i wish you the best.

If you're nervous about asking her, get her full attention by asking her if you may ask her a question. Then when she gives you her undivided attention, just ask her however you feel comfortable. Try to be upfront and specific, she'll either kindly let you down since it's obvious you both get along well or she'll be interested and you can then you can work out the details.

Not for marriage ^^; just to see her more, we only see each other Thursday evenings and to maybe go out with her as her boyfriend. :)

Dont you got to go out with her first before you become the boyfriend?

my boss says it best. If you dont ask the answer will always be no. just ask. trust me. this phrase has got me to do things and ask things I have never done or asked before and the results have been pretty interesting. if anything I learn each time.